NASA’s Lattice Confined Fusion (LCF)

• I am glad that Luciano Ondir has been highly productive since he decided to switch career paths fully into LENR (told to me directly after a few messages in Researchgate). I can’t stress enough how important that a Nuclear Engineer decided to go in this path and has been successful in publishing (I’d say this is his third paper on LENR so far since ICCF 23). That he is also interested in NASA’s LCF and proposing ways to harness it is really encouraging.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I am glad that Luciano Ondir has been highly productive since he decided to switch career paths fully into LENR (told to me directly after a few messages in Researchgate). I can’t stress enough how important that a Nuclear Engineer decided to go in this path and has been successful in publishing (I’d say this is his third paper on LENR so far since ICCF 23). That he is also interested in NASA’s LCF and proposing ways to harness it is really encouraging.

In the Fusion Science and Technology article (March 2022) that Ondir, and De Andrade wrote, were they writing about NASA progress, or their own?

• In the Fusion Science and Technology article (March 2022) that Ondir, and De Andrade wrote, were they writing about NASA progress, or their own?

As I interpret it, They are proposing a new type of reactor based on NASA’s LCF published results and classic and known nuclear science.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• an definitely see LENR, as I understand it, applying to uranium. There are many different understandings of LENR. If one sees it as likely to be going back to induced alpha and beta decay and fission, uranium would be a promising candidate. If one sees it as somehow related to fusion, e.g., of deuterium, then not so much.

I don't know what Larry Forsley's connection to GEC is. But I would take his word over that of Rossi or Mills in a heartbeat.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• GEC
    youtube.com

External Content youtu.be

• The present application claims priority on and to US provisional patent application number 61/066959, entitled

"A Process for A Nuclear Fission Reactor"

filed on February 25, 2008 by Lawrence Forsley

Abstract

A hybrid nuclear fusion fast fission reactor is disclosed. The hybrid reactor may include an electrolyte solution comprised of PdCI2 a conductive salt and D2O, an anode of a noble metal, a cathode consisting of a conductive high Z (atomic number greater than 46) material wound around a deuteride-forming actinide nuclear fuel element, a power source providing constant current to the + anode and the - cathode, an applied power profile for fabricating the PdD nanoalloy, and a co-deposition of a PdD nanoalloy on to the high Z cathode winding as well as the nuclear fuel element. A preferred embodiment stablizes the actinide deuteride nuclear fuel element from hydrogen isotope de-loading. A preferred embodiment initiates deuterium-deuterium fusion in the deuterized fuel element and fissioning deuterized fuel element actinides. A preferred embodiment includes surrounding spent nuclear fuel elements with deuteride nuclear fuel elements that will fast fission the spent fuel elements. Another preferred embodiment includes surrounding the deuteride nuclear fuel elements...

with spent fuel elements as fast

neutron reflectors

that will also fission.

Summary of Invention

[022] In accordance with a preferred embodiment of the invention, there is disclosed a means to fabricate a highly deuterided actinide fuel element by the electrolysis of a heavy water solution (D2O) consisting of PdCb and a conductive salt with a cylindrical anode of a noble metal, a cathode consisting of a conductive high Z (greater than atomic number 46) material that doesn't form a deuteride, wound around a less electrically conductive actinide metal fuel element, a power source providing constant current to the + anode and the - cathode, an applied power profile for fabricating a PdD nanoalloy, by the co-deposition of a PdD nano-alloy on to the high Z cathode winding and said fuel element resulting in nuclear fission of the said fuel element using fast neutrons produced within the PdD nano-alloy and primary and secondary deuterium- deuterium fusion reactions within said fuel element.

Simply put...

The resulting fission and fusion heat can be used to generate power.

Love those Gammas...

Operation of the Reactor

Data taken by JWK during one of several runs of an electrolytic nano-nuclear cell designed to generate a fast neutrons and use them to fission natural abundance uranium (.7% 235U, 99.3% 238U, .055% 234U). The data sets in this report show time-

integrated measurements taken with a

105% cryogenically cooled

germanium detector.

Germanium is the "gold standard" for identifying gamma ray emitting radioisotopes.

A Hybrid Fusion Fast Fission Reactor

Inventors

Lawrence Parker Galloway Forsley

Jay Wook Khim

Application PCT/US2009/001213

WO2009108331A2 - A hybrid fusion fast fission reactor - Google Patents

• A citing patent...

Method for producing energy from deuterium and its products by joint fission and fusion reactions

Abstract

FIELD: nuclear engineering. SUBSTANCE: two fusion reactions of deuterium and deuterium (D-D) are initiated by high-energy fission products; to this end, heavy hydrogen isotopes are introduced in region of revolution of fissionable material to transform it into gas or plasma. To prevent occurrence of harmful 14 MeV neutrons due to tritium and deuterium resulting from D-D reaction, tritium and helium-3 are practically in no time, within less than 1 millisecond, brought out from D-D reaction zone. To raise emission of fission energy, products of these reactions, both primary and secondary 3He resulting from tritium disintegration, are introduced in D-D reaction zone. In the process, energy released in burning primary D-3He in the course of 3He reaction is 2.5 times higher than that produced from two D-D reactions and will be still higher in burning 3He resulting from tritium disintegration. For still higher emission of fission energy, additional 3He is introduced in fission and fusion reaction zone. EFFECT: increased emission of fusion energy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.