NASA’s Lattice Confined Fusion (LCF)

• robert bryant Long ago a friend said nano 3d printing will be used to create the perfect morphology for cold fusion reactors. NASA continues to be a leader in this tech.

Shane D. Thanks! I like to reflect on this... When the 3 or 4 year Space Act Act agreement was presented by LF at ICCF21, he stated GEC was several years further advanced than disclosed. Does that mean the cold fusion GEC thermal reactor was well along being space hardened and launch certified already?

• Missing parameter is nano metal particle potential.

>requirement for nano sized discrete surface morphology.

==>Not important because the size is the most important parameter.

Comparison between C-1 and C-2. it is clear that smaller size is filled with D faster and D can diffuse to the reaction surface.

and Fig3.3A-1 is important to have the larger curvature of nano-particle surface.

it does not need to have the complicated surface structure nor composite nano-particle but simply the smaller size is the MUST.

D absorption and cold fusion is opposite porality.so it must be controlled differently.

The major issues going forward include development of a viable, proven theory to

allow engineering, scaling, and safety.

==>Proven theory is mine confined D2 at the surface T site.

a lot of paper on each items and I gatherd such paper and result to develop the unified theory.

confined D2 at surface t site is proved by

[54] Jozsef Garai, Physical Model for Lattice Assisted Nuclear Reactions, At: ICCF-22, Sept 8-13, Assisi, Italy

https://www.researchgate.net/p…ssisted_Nuclear_Reactions

• nkodama

Odd yet understandable...

NASA, at first, launched the LCF site at GRC announcing they had DISCOVERED lattice confinement fusion.

After my timely article scoop about this , where I link other lattice confinement/assisted fusion works, they decided they hadn't. They quickly took the site down and soon after reposted/opened with an edited version stating they were ANNOUNCING LCF...

The ECat article, posted at the time, documents this.

Then my kinja site was shut down, all my articles removed, including the LCF article.

Made me feel good.

• NASA LATTICE CONFINED FUSION is excelletn for the experimental verification

because Er is stable and transmuted element with D is also stable, so it can used the heat generation to prove fusion.

But a lot of small-d(neutron) is between lattice so the mostly neutron go to Er and disappeares, so the efficiency is the worst.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• erbium seems to have more low keV gamma states..

but perhaps a mixture of palladium and erbium.. nickel... maybe samarium..nado... has even more?

It is not releted with gamma ray, which can not trigger cold fusion.

Below explanation is not correct.

In case of small-d of neutral particle is generated it must fuse with Er not with d(small-d) because it has no bond.

Cold fusion can be triggerd by compression of Er-d bond.

and d fuse with Er and Tm is the created element from Er+d, and they are stable.

So I think that this in tne reason that NASA selected Er to ru experiment for cold fusion.

small percentage of d+d fusion in the lattice space, so it can create the excess heat.

• It is not releted with gamma ray, which can not trigger cold fusion.

that is your opinion...

I did not mention gamma rays

I mentioned gamma states

the conversion of 22Mev fusion energy into heat without neutron emission

may be explained by down conversion through a cascade of gamma states

and from the lower gammas states through to phonons..

cold fusion does not need neutrons

very few have been detected by Takahashi

in the best researched LENR experiments..

which are not what NASA is doing.

• Nuclear Fusion Reactions in Deuterated Metals
    Nuclear Fusion Reactions in Deuterated Metals
    www.youtube.com

[ ] Theresa L. Benyo, Lawrence P. Forsley, Leonard Dudzinski, Matthew,

J. Forsbacka, NASA GRC Hosts Lattice Confinement Fusion Virtual Workshop

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/cita…%20-%20Final%20Public.pdf

NASA thought that cold D has the plasma which can coulomb repulsive force shielding.

and trigger is gamma ray emission to decompose d into neutron and proton and the neutron can generate the d*(hot d) to collide to cold d proton, but this is impossible because the probability of collision is so low due to the coulomb repulsive force, and moreover without coulomb repulsive force, probability is so low because they do not have the coulomb attraction force.

the below has the coulomb attraction force between D- and D+.

so this D+ and D- attract each other and D+ move to D- to create D2 ats surface T site. This is possible under the standard physics.

• NASA did not do cold fusion...it is hot fusion.. according to the spokesman

"What we did was not cold fusion,” says Lawrence Forsley, a senior lead experimental physicist for the project. Cold fusion, the idea that fusion can occur at relatively low energies in room-temperature materials, is viewed with skepticism by the vast majority of physicists. Forsley stresses this is hot fusion, but “We’ve come up with a new way of driving it.”"

"To overcome that barrier requires a sequence of particle collisions. First, an electron accelerator speeds up and slams electrons into a nearby target made of tungsten. The collision between beam and target creates high-energy photons, just like in a conventional X-ray machine."

NASA do not have a mechanism where 22Mev of the D-D fusion can be converted to 99% heat

without gamma ray emission and neutron emission, and without high energy photons input.

Smashing high energy particles into metals is very far away from cold fusion.

It did not happen in 1989 with F&P.. and it does not happen with the Iwamura/Takahashi and Mizuno

LENR excess heat results three decades later.

Spacecraft of the Future Could Be Powered By Lattice Confinement Fusion
    NASA researchers demonstrate the ability to fuse atoms inside room-temperature metals
    spectrum.ieee.org

• 2020 NASA plasma and glow discharge plasma reactor Seebeck calorimeter for LENR research

[Note authors' names and affiliations].

For use within the reactor, the nickel foam was cut into disks that are stacked in an alumina-ceramic holder that positions them between the electrodes. For the testing, both plain nickel foam disks and powder-filled nickel foam disks are utilized, depending on the test being conducted.

To fill the disks with metal powder, a slurry of the metal powder and ethyl alcohol or acetone is used. The slurry is then pressed into the metal foam. After they are filled, the disks are stored within a vented hood where the carrier liquid is allowed to evaporate. The disks are weighed before and after filling to determine the amount of metal powder present in each disk. Figure 55 shows a piece of filled nickel foam and a filled nickel foam disk. From the figure, it can be seen that the powder fully fills the voids within the nickel foam. High powder densities within the foam can be achieved through this filling method.

• Overcome the coulomb repulsive force is n=o orbit(electron deep orbit).

• Not only sea cucumber fusion-fission, but a whole 360° LENR research; a heap of nickel, palladium, transformations, re-chewed Widom-Larsen theory and other not publicly available attemps.

Example of Dennis Bushnell [first NASA game changing expert] "cogent" logic in NASA-TM-20210016143 [https://www.lenr-forum.com/att…m-20210016143final-3-pdf/]:

A) However, there does not yet exist a cogent, verified theory and therefore LENR has been looked at with askance by the physics community.

B) In the Widom-Larsen Theory [ref. 30], H2 is adsorbed or “loaded” onto a metal surface and the resulting surface plasmon initiates collective effects. Some energy is added and several types of energy appear to work. From the LENR experiments and a sizable body of applicable related research, nano cracks/asperities in thesurface morphology concentrate energy over an area and produce high localized voltage gradients. Such voltage gradients excite collective electrons to combine with protons in the surface plasmon to form ultraweak neutrons. These neutrons readily interact, producing neutron rich isotopes which undergo beta decay and transmutations. The heavy electron cloud converts the beta decay to heat, sans worrisome radiation and coulomb barrier issues, in agreement with experiment(s).

Following Bushnell A) don't contradict B), where B) is the Langley [paid] side of NASA dream - an old sea cucumber at work from a decade with no result whatsoever.

NASA has many heads, and some are competing on cold fusion dreams. Pasadena disagrees all - Pasadena loves KRUSTY lobby et similia.

• According to GEC, they have developed a fissile CMNS reactor and a non-fissile reactor. I think Indian Head Division and Los Alamos are working on various types of CMNS energy production systems and improvements of the SPAWAR/GEC/NASA CMNS reactors. The fact is, this group only shows us what it wants us to see. Some is intentialy misleading, like announcing that the Navy is halting all its cold fusion research several years ago. They are a few years further advanced than disclosed. Also, I just can't shake this feeling that the Google Cold Fusion Research team, now at UC Davis working under a DoD contract, is collaborating with the GEC group at Los Alamos.

We shall see.

I also suspect Liviu Popa Simil is part of these efforts. His recent DoD contract and plasma transformer patents are not unrelated.

• Some is intentialy misleading, like announcing that the Navy is halting all its cold fusion research several years ago.

The Navy did halt all its cold fusion research several years ago. I was in contact with every Navy researcher, and they all told me this. An Admiral ordered the research stopped.

Who are you to say it did not happen? Who told you there was still research going on? What research was conducted? There was nothing intentionally or unintentionally misleading. That's nonsense.

• The disks are weighed before and after filling to determine the amount of metal powder present in each disk.

They are likely trying this with many different metal powders and mixtures. gbgoblerumour- All the money that the US discontinued sending to CERN is being spent on these Edisonian efforts - gbgoblerumour-

• JedRothwell Please don't spar or war with me. The GEC Space Act Agreement states that the work is being fast tracked and lists the Navy as one of the groups involved in these efforts. Read it please. What do you think of the market entry claims of GEC? Last time I asked you, in a nutshell... You stated that you were clueless. I said that was deceptive and would eventually prove it.

• Ahlfors

Research performed under the baleful gaze of John R. Huizenga, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry and Physics at the University of Rochester.

Hidden in plain sight, just down the hall from the main cold fusion basher, (I suspect that John looked in on them from time to time... Perhaps gave advise?) performed by a computer and sea cucumber expert. Who would have suspected this? A cold fusion Manhattan Project under the gaze of a Manhattan Project lead scientist who could be counted on...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.