NASA’s Lattice Confined Fusion (LCF)

• Official Post

Indian Head Division

You have talked to every Navy researcher?

That's nice.

Thanks. Just a reminder so everyone is on the same page; the US Navy recently reopened their LENR research:

Whether Cold Fusion or Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions, U.S. Navy Researchers Reopen Case
    Spurred on by continued anomalous nuclear results, multiple labs now working to get to bottom of story
    spectrum.ieee.org

"Scientists at the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head Division have pulled together a group of Navy, Army, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) labs to try and settle the debate. Together, the labs will conduct experiments in an effort to establish if there’s really something to the cold fusion idea, if it’s just odd chemical interactions, or if some other phenomenon entirely is taking place in these controversial experiments."

• The first Navy LENR patent granted was developed at Indian Head Division. The announcement of recently renewed research has actually been going on by some of the listed researchers for a few years. I think NSWC-IHD cold fusion research has been continuous, they are the stated Naval research and development experts on all things pertaining to energetics. Perhaps in some ways, SPAWAR San Diego has been a side-show and an inroad into early cold fusion laboratories and the CMNS community at large. Forsley, as an early Forth code data nuclear and plasma sensor expert (president/organizer of the Forth Convention at Rochester U) and research lab system conversion engineer makes sense to me. Seacucumber set aside. Most notable are his visits to the garage of the guy with the little thin film coated beads...

Larry wrote of this in remembrance upon his passing.

• You have talked to every Navy researcher?

That's nice.

Every one who has published a paper or attended a conference. As far they know, all research was stopped on the admiral's order. Since they are in the Navy, I suppose they would know. Do you know of some project that continued? Can you tell us the name of the researcher? I will tell Pam Boss and the others.

• Please don't spar or war with me.

Everyone in the field knows this fact... It's Ok to think that. I disagree.

Anyways

No matter.

Frank Gordon's, correct me if I'm wrong, first presentation was at ICCF in 2011 or 2012 during the Guam episode of SPAWAR/GEC.

No one knew of Guam, in the community. Did they?

The phrase Hidden in Plain Sight is plagiarized by me from... Frank Gordon himself!

Anyways, some disagree with his use of the phrase.

Nonetheless

All early papers were not presented ICCF till 2018?

The patent was filed in the UK and

Patent sequestered for 7+ years

The GeNie reactor remains, essentially, hidden from sight

Guam happened

Twenty Years of Lattice Enabled Nuclear Reactions (LENR) Hiding in Plain Sight

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Everyone in the field knows this fact... It's Ok to think that. I disagree.

Okay, you disagree. But we are talking about facts. So, if you are right, you must know about research that Pam Boss, I and the others do not know. Where? Who did it? Did the researchers publish a paper, and if so, where is it? Is it secret so you cannot tell us?

If you cannot name a specific person or study, then you do not know of any research. This is a binary situation. A research project is not in quantum mechanical superposition. It does not exist and not exist at the same time.

My guess is that you know nothing and you are trying to blow smoke up our asses.

• Who else considers you should be banned... Wikipedia Cold Fusion talk? I am there.

Consider the way you talk.

Facts? I listed a few.

Ok Jed, would you know about Guam if not for me? Was it hidden? Bugger off dude. I want you to talk about the GeNie reactor and Guam. If not just say so. Don't slander me and please don't spar or war with me. Metaphorically I will 'slaughter you' scholastically of course. One of your last 'truths' was you could not remember working with Grimshaw...

Ha. I do not believe you.

The ways you are steering the conversation. Your errors. Misrepresentations. Actions.

Please now, cut me some slack.

Integrated Policymaking for Realizing Benefits and Mitigating Secondary Impacts of Cold Fusion

By Thomas W. Grimshaw

Submitted: February 11th 2018

Reviewed: May 4th 2018

Published: November 5th 2018

DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.78323

• Twenty Years of Lattice Enabled Nuclear Reactions (LENR) Hiding in Plain Sight

That was 2009. That's the date on the slides. The research ended a few years after that, according to Pam Boss and everyone else in this video.

Integrated Policymaking for Realizing Benefits and Mitigating Secondary Impacts of Cold Fusion

By Thomas W. Grimshaw

Submitted: February 11th 2018

This lists three Navy programs that ended long ago:

Several components of the U.S. Navy have also had active LENR research efforts. The U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), for example, worked on LENR beginning when the field started in 1989. Other Navy organizations have also pursued LENR research and related activities, including the U.S. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR), U.S. Naval Air Weapons Station (China Lake), and the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School.

What is your point?

• Yes, not '18 is when the DoD Threat Reduction Agency

Approved this for Public Release; distribution is unlimited

© 2016 P.A. Boss, L.P. Forsley, P.J. McDani

I uploaded it on 2016-09-13 15:57. See:

Index of /acrobat

You gotta love computers!

In it I learned things not comprehensively disclosed before. I continue to find leads from it.

No doubt you did, but you did not learn of any ongoing research projects, contrary to what you have said here. Not on Guam or anywhere else.

• Gregory Byron Goble Can you state clearly what is your claim about information being concealed and provide background about it and evidence that could be not merely circumstantial? At least in my case, and I think many if not most of us, don't have the picture clear at all about what you are claiming and I really think is better if we know the whole picture as is really not pleasant to see an argument between two persons making strong statements to each other without having more background to assess the situation properly.

I would also ask to tone down the language as we are among fellows here, and we need to keep arguments civil.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• reactor was built and operated in Guam, then that claim needs to be substantiated. It would seem to fly in the face of the public record.

Yes it would "fly in the face of public record".

No need to substantiate something never claimed by me or anyone at GEC. Your comment is interesting though. What prompted it? Was it from someone else's commentary?

Public record

Shane D Feb 24th 2018

Greg,

Good to see you back. GEC/JWK/SPAWAR are subjects near and dear to me. As have you, I have written about them also. Who could not after that Guam episode? That is the most interesting story to ever have happened in LENR IMO. I remember you did a nice round up of it a few years back. I tried to contact them about a year ago for an update, and never received a reply. Hard to imagine after Guam they would just go silent. Well, maybe not totally silent:

You do know that NASA Glen Research in Cleveland, Oh. has teamed up with Forsley of JWK/GEC, and Pam Moss-Bosely formerly of SPAWAR? On the NASA side is an old familiar name (Fralick), who has been involved with LENR almost as soon as FPs announced in 1989. They put out that Arxiv paper (Moss-Bosely not an author) about a year ago, and followed up with a patent application this past September. It appears the master brain behind the collaboration is a man named Pines of PinesSci. Or at least that is how I, and Ahlfors interpret their effort to grant him another uncontested contract.

A very tangled web as the title of your thread shows, and amazingly it goes back to 2005. So much we do not know. Too bad no one will, or can talk about it. Who knows, if they would, they may light a fire in LENR, and maybe even spur the mainstream into taking notice. Yes, I am a dreamer.

Also public record...

Gregory Byron Goble
    Verified User

The JWK, SPAWAR, Navy. GEC, Univ. of Maryland, PineScie, Vantage Partners, DTRA, ONR, DoE and NNSA, NSWC Dahlgren, China Lake, COLD FUSION research group has released an executive summary disclosing a research partner timeline.

I'm trying to find a few items:

“Metal Interactions with Low Z Gasses” (2010-2012)

“Study of Low Energy Nuclear Reactions I & II” (2008-2012)

“LENR Materials Design and Characterization” (Dahlgren 2015- )

IBA Industrial (2017-2018)

“Advanced Energy and Propulsion Research and Development” (NSWC Indian Head 2020- )

GEC Research Partners

Past and Present Partners

NASA Glenn Research Center (GRC) Pre-AEC: (1989-2014)

– “Advanced Energy Conversion (AEC) Project” AEC: (2014 - )

• Develop a non-actinide space power system

• Understand Condensed Matter Nuclear Reactions

• US Navy (SPAWAR) (1989-2012)

– NASA GRC and SPAWAR different processes, similar nuclear results

– Additional funding provided by DTRA, ONR, DoE and NNSA

• JWK/NAVY NCRADA (SPAWAR) (2008-2012)

– “Study of Low Energy Nuclear Reactions I & II”

• JWK/NAVY NCRADA (China Lake)

– “Metal Interactions with Low Z Gasses” (2010-2012)

• JWK/NAVY NCRADA (NSWC Dahlgren) (2015- )

– “LENR Materials Design and Characterization”

• DFT Model of LENR Active Materials

• Correlate Co-deposition and B Field effects

• Univ of Maryland (Tim Koeth, PhD) (2015-2016)

– < 3 MeV LINAC unstable for our needs

• DoE Jefferson National Lab (2016-2017)

– AEC Project schedule and JLAB schedule did not match up

• DoE Argonne National Lab (2017)

– Van de Graaff generator unstable and did not meet our needs.

• IBA Industrial (2017-2018)

– Hosted most recent AEC experimental activity with 3 MeV Dynamitron

• JWK/NAVY NCRADA (NSWC Indian Head) (2020- )

– “Advanced Energy and Propulsion Research and Development”

ALSO

What do you think of the recent BOLD market entry claims made by Global Energy Corporation GEC?

The Global Energy Corporation (GEC) Larry Forsley CTO

https://drive.google.com/file/…anKzF-8jCflYBiRLpE-y/view

(LENR) "trickle charger" gives the car a "10,000 mile range" without fueling or charging. Patented nanogenerator simply "attaches to battery pack of existing EVs... "

ALSO

Jed Rothwell, David Grimshaw and LENRgy helped review Stan's book before it was made available to the public. Written many years ago, it's fresh off the 'press' and a must read. (at LENR-CANR) It documents some of the early works by these groups.

The Global Energy Corporation (GEC) Larry Forsley CTO

https://drive.google.com/file/…anKzF-8jCflYBiRLpE-y/view

(LENR) "trickle charger" gives the car a "10,000 mile range" without fueling or charging. Patented nanogenerator simply "attaches to battery pack of existing EVs... "

Lattice Confinement Fusion

• Curbina Yes, future historians will make better sense of this. Neither myself, Jed, Shane, or anybody else can yet.

Public record

The Navy/GEC Guam Episode

MONDAY, 13 FEB 2012 03:45 AM BY JON ANDERSON | VARIETY NEWS STAFF HITS: 2631

THE Consolidated Commission on Utilities and the Guam Power Authority are investigating a new type of “generation five” nuclear power generator – one that could potentially reduce power costs for Guam ratepayers by half or more.

The Variety has learned Dr. Jay W. Khim, CEO of Global Energy Corp. (GEC) based in Annandale, Va., made a presentation to the utilities commission, GPA officials and Navy engineers last month and will make another tomorrow afternoon.

CCU member Eloy Hara, who says he is “spearheading” the project on behalf of GEC, told Variety: “After the presentation that Dr. Khim gave to the CCU and the Guam power management team, and almost an hour-long discussion afterward … we were all awed by the technology.

“And if it is for real, this technology really could be the answer to our program of One Green Guam; and also it fits right into the alternative energy that we are participating in right now.”

The company, in conjunction with the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Department of Energy, says it has developed a “hybrid fusion-fast-fission” reactor called GeNiE which, according to GEC, “is compatible with the decades-long development of very high temperature, helium cooled reactors.”

The reactors being built now, including the two licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission last week for the State of Georgia – the first in the U.S. in more than 30 years – are based on generation three technology.

Generation five

“We’re generation five,” Dr. Khim told the Variety during an exclusive interview, “and first of all this is a brand new concept.” He said safety is the first consideration, and that cannot be ensured by building higher walls around reactors, as Japan saw last year with Fukushima.

“You have to change the basic science of nuclear power,” Khim explained. “We’ve been working with the U.S. Navy for about 22 years and the basic science phase is now over. Now we’re going into commercial development, which the Navy is not going to do.” But Khim says the science has been repeatedly duplicated by the Navy, and has been proven, recognized and published.

Officials of the Navy on Guam, including Capt. John V. Heckmann Jr., CO of Naval Facilities and a professional engineer, attended the GEC briefing.

The GEC board of directors, Khim says, includes some well-known Washington D.C. Players, including former Secretary of Defense Frank Carlucci, former Congressman and Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta, and former U.S. Congressman Tom Davis, among others.

“The biggest problem I see on Guam,” Dr. Khim told Variety, “is that power is too costly, way above average, and way too dependent on fossil fuel. Those costs have nowhere to go but up.” He says the clean nuclear technology offered by GEC is the only solution for a place like Guam.

According to Dr. Khim, the GeNiE reactor burns natural uranium which doesn’t require enrichment. It creates no nuclear waste, he says, thus eliminating the need for nuclear waste storage – a major problem wherever nuclear generation using old technology is used. In fact, the reactor can use spent fuel from current plants as a fuel source, although there is no plan to use such fuel for the Guam reactor, he points out. Since there is no nuclear chain reaction involved, no nuclear meltdown is possible and there is also no weapons proliferation risk. It is clean nuclear technology, Dr. Khim contends.

“The key to this technology,” Khim explains, “is that the GeNiE reactor actually burns uranium 238 in a hybrid fusion-fission process that is clean, utterly safe, and secure. The reactor is cooled by helium gas – rather than water – which cannot become radioactive. There is no need for a separate heat exchanger or secondary loop, which greatly simplifies the reactor, increasing safety and reducing costs.”

Global Energy Corp. is proposing to build a 50-megawatt plant as a pilot project on Guam, on a build, operate and transfer basis for which GEC would obtain its own financing. Guam ratepayers would pay only for the electric power generated. Khim says he will finance the estimated $250 million plant himself. “No initial money for Guam at all,” Khim assured. “I’ll pay all the money; I’ll run it; and give Guam cheap electricity.” He says once his company and the CCU enter into a memorandum of understanding, other issues, such as the location of the reactor, will be explored.

“Our plan is to fuel the generator only once, and the fuel would last for 50 years,” Khim said. The fuel will be natural, unenriched uranium ore, which is mined in various countries including the U.S. and Australia.

“This concept is simple,” Khim added. “We’re tsunami-proof, earthquake-proof, and typhoon-proof. There is no chance of a major catastrophe because there can be no meltdown. This is clean, green nuclear energy. This is the future … where we are going. This is a dream come true for all humankind.”

Another public record

Impeached Governor Inked Secret Deal to Construct Fast Breeder Reactor

Enformable Nuclear News – By Lucas W. Hixson – March 25th 2013

Former governor of the Northern Mariana Islands, Benigno R. Fitial stands alone in history as the first governor of any U.S. territory to be the subject of impeachment, but only the ninth United States governor to be impeached and removed from office. On August 28th, 2012, while Governor Fitial was in the United States for the Republican National Convention, an impeachment resolution was filed in the Northern Mariana Islands House of Representatives, which accused the governor of multiple felonies, multiple acts of public corruption, and neglecting official duties. It was even included in the impeachment filed that the governor had allowed a federal prisoner released in order to bring him to the governor’s private mansion to give him a massage.

It is now being discovered that former governor Fitial and then Attorney General Edward Buckingham signed a deal in June of 2012, which would’ve constructed nuclear power plant in partnership with Global Energy Corporation. The deal was only discovered last week by newly elected Governor Eloy S. Inois, who assumed his post on February 20th of this year, even though since August of last year the Saipan Tribune had been questioning the Fitial administration about rumors of a possible nuclear energy agreement, but had been stonewalled in response.

According to the dates on the document, Fitial and Buckingham signed off on the nuclear energy document around the time GEC scientists and officials, including CEO Dr. Jay W. Khim, visited Saipan during June of 2012.

The terms of the deal sound eerily similar to a deal which Global Energy Corporation offered to Guam in February of 2012, in which the location of the reactor was not even discussed until after a memorandum of understanding had been signed. Later that month, the press reported that Global Energy Corp. was proposing to build a 50-megawatt plant as a pilot project on Guam, on a build, operate and transfer basis for which GEC would obtain its own financing. The reports argued that Guam ratepayers would pay only for the electric power generated. GEC CEO Dr. Khim even said that he would finance the estimated $250 million plant himself. “No initial money for Guam at all,” Khim assured the press. “I’ll pay all the money; I’ll run it; and give Guam cheap electricity.” He added that once his company and the CCU enter into a memorandum of understanding, other issues, such as the location of the reactor, will be explored.

The Global Energy Corporation is a nuclear industry corporation established in Virginia, with a mission to develop and commercialize proprietary fast-breeder reactor technology it dubbed “GeNiE”, which features a logo incorporating an atom atop of a Genie’s Bottle. Although the document signed does infer the willingness of Fitial’s administration to invest in fast-breeder technology, it would be hard to hold the Marianas Commonwealth to the terms of the document, considering that the GeNiE reactor has not been licensed for commercial use and is still in the experimental research stage, despite 20 years of efforts by multiple industry organizations.

“From my initial review, it doesn’t look like it’s a firm contract. It was essentially memorialization of a desire of the Commonwealth government to avail of that technology but there are conditions precedent to entering into that contract like securing financing and studies, approval of the technology which has yet to be approved, and so forth. It’s long ways from being a contract that can be executed in terms of the provisions but it is interesting that we have that,” Inos said.

House Speaker Joseph Deleon Guerrero (IR-Saipan) also said in his view the document “does not bind the CNMI to anything.”

The Inos administration has expressed no interest in a nuclear power project and has instead issued orders to conduct a study on the integration of alternative or renewable energy into the existing Commonwealth Utilities Corp. power grid. Governor Inos is going to send the document to the Office of the Attorney General to ensure that there is not any liability or obligation to fulfill under the document that the former governor and former AG signed.

Source

JULY 16, 2013 BY GREGORY GOBLE

Energy Shortage – LENR Cold Fusion – Navy Guam

Energy Shortage?

Not so far.. In the near distant future…

The next generation will look back on our generation as the last of the “Fire Era” and know in fact, that “Energy Shortage” was a term for un-enlightened minds. -‘gbgoble2009

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.