NASA’s Lattice Confined Fusion (LCF)

• Lattice confinement cold fusion by NASA is really a cold fusion but confined between the metal nano particle which can not absorb hydrogen. Thus it is good to use such materials.

And the mechanism is cold fusion.

The compression of D2 by the metal nano particle not by the lattice.

(PDF) Cold Fusion Mechanism of Bond Compression
    PDF | On Aug 19, 2021, Noriyuki Kodama published Cold Fusion Mechanism of Bond Compression | Find, read and cite all the research you need on ResearchGate
    www.researchgate.net

• NASA’s New Shortcut to Fusion Power
    Lattice confinement fusion eliminates massive magnets and powerful lasers
    spectrum.ieee.org

Big push from Larry Forsley and Co...

"How does LCF work? Remember that we earlier mentioned deuterium, the isotope of hydrogen with one proton and one neutron in its nucleus. Deuterided metals—erbium and titanium, in our experiments—have been “saturated” with either deuterium or deuterium atoms stripped of their electrons (deuterons). This is possible because the metal naturally exists in a regularly spaced lattice structure, which creates equally regular slots in between the metal atoms for deuterons to nest."

BAYARBADRAKH BARAMSAI THERESA BENYO LAWRENCE FORSLEY BRUCE STEINETZ

27 FEB 2022

11 MIN READ

• I would be interesting if obsidian would work as a spaced lattice structure...

Still looking for a video, something along the lines to show the way obsidian dust melts then mix expands through the metal dust with obsidian and voltage at the bottom and a psi valve exit to slow it down at the other end.... Sound a lot like a volcano.

• obsidian would work as a spaced lattice structure

Fresh obsidian is a glass,,, with a metastable disorganised lattice...

heating it in a reactor will probably make it crystallise and become brittle..

if you want something that is not metastable with a regular lattice structure zircon is better

..also with an MP of >2000C versus obsidian's 1000C..

You can also manufacture zircon by the solgel method

• He gave a link a little too late, they accepted all the abstracts ...

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• I created an account at IEEE just to be able to post in the comments section. I encourage other members of LENR-forum to do the same to get the conversation going there.

My comment is:

As I understand, Sakharov’s ideas were originally developed thinking of a space propulsion system, the idea of turning it into an energy reactor came later and overlooked that fact entirely.

Anyway, I see briefly mentioned that you are also doing deuterium

diffusion through palladium experiments (I read the paper in the International Journal of Hydrogen Energy) and also electrolytic palladium loading (I read the paper where you counted an increase in neutrons with bubble detectors).

I can only say: isn’t this 1989 all over again? I am just astonished that 32 years had to pass to people begin taking seriously LENR again. Thanks to all the involved in this Important research, please keep an open mind, this is not just about smashing particles together, there’s an entire electromagnetic aspect being completely overlooked.”

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Curbina

I agree about the EM aspect. NKodama recently posted here. I am interested in his deep electron theory and queried him about extending it to the alpha particle, with no response. I had suggested a model with the protons at the corners of a tetrahedron and one electron at the center of the structure, which is a stable configuration. The question is, "Where does the second electron go"?

I should mention that I came up with the tetrahedron model when I saw the quark model of the proton. By making the positive charged quarks barbell like with point charges, and hanging the positive charges at the corners of the tetrahedron with the negative charge at the center the analysis becomes straightforward. The upshot is that with the negative charge at the center the force holding the structure together is 11 times the force driving the positive charges apart with no negative charge. (total charge the same).

Why is this important? Such a model introduces granularity in the field distribution around the object, which can be probed. This in turn could explain why alpha particles can stick together, albeit for a very short time.

• Aren't deep electrons in @NKodama's model equivalent to negative muons in Sakharov's model? And the release of alpha particles promotes the end-game of the system in equilibrium, forcing the LENR reaction to move to the right i.e. more LEN reactions? The same is true for the release of Helium, or even Tritium, formed during the LEN reaction. In my view Fleischmann and Pons were certainly on the right track regarding CF. 8) :) :)

• Thanks for these conversations here

We have so much more to learn

Metamaterial combinations

Nano Physical properties

Still wondering why Forseley finds Palladium Titride of importance. Have not found much about the substance yet.

Surface effect

Layers thin films

Dendritic forests formation deformation

(tips) (boundary layers) (phase changes)

Palladium Titride Gold Titanium Nitride

Perhaps of relevance

Novel Gold Dendritic Nanoforests Combined with Titanium Nitride for Visible-Light-Enhanced Chemical Degradation

Novel Gold Dendritic Nanoforests Combined with Titanium Nitride for Visible-Light-Enhanced Chemical Degradation
    In this study, gold dendritic nanoforests (Au DNFs)-titanium nitride (TiN) composite was firstly proposed for visible-light photodegradation of pollutants. A…
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Ming-Hua Shiao, Chun-Ting Lin, [...], and Yung-Sheng Lin

Abstract

In this study, gold dendritic nanoforests (Au DNFs)-titanium nitride (TiN) composite was firstly proposed for visible-light photodegradation of pollutants. A high-power impulse magnetron sputtering system was used to coat TiN films on silicon wafers, and a fluoride-assisted galvanic replacement reaction was applied to deposit Au DNFs on TiN/Si substrates. Scanning electron microscope images and X-ray diffraction patterns of TiN/Si, Au DNFs/Si, and Au DNFs/TiN/Si samples verified that this synthesis process was accurately controlled. The average reflectance of Au DNFs/Si and Au DNFs/TiN/Si considerably declined to approximately 10%, because the broadband localized surface plasmon resonances of Au DNFs cause broadband absorbance and low reflectance. In photocatalytic performance, 90.66 ± 1.41% 4-nitrophenol was successfully degraded in 180 min by Au DNFs/TiN/Si under visible-light irradiation. Therefore, Au DNFs/TiN/Si has the chance to be a visible-light photocatalyst for photodegradation of pollutants.

• remember there are anomolious energies in many hydrogen experiments without these inputs and without producing significant neutron flux. A spectrum of interactions to be seen.

A spectrum of interactions to be seen. Yes

The SPAWAR/GEC Genie Reactor 2012 is based on CMNS hybrid fission/fusion research utilizing Uranium or Thorium. Presented as Gen VI nuclear LENR Thermal technology in 2012.

I've often thought about the nano fission spectrum of interactions this creates in the lattice for these folks. Transmuting radioactive waste to benign elements while powering the turbines is a bold market entry..

Recently Alan Smith posted an article from 89 where Uranium is proposed as an important test of theory for cold fusion by Edward Teller.

This is important as consideration of why SPAWAR et al chose this direction of research early on. Perhaps Fralick and Mosier-Boss discussed and reviewed the report mentioned in the article.

I've not been able to find the report or any review of it. I hope we learn more about it someday.

A Hybrid Fusion Fast Fission Reactor

Inventors Lawrence Parker Galloway Forsley and Jay Wook Khim

Abstract

A hybrid nuclear fusion fast fission reactor is disclosed. The hybrid reactor may include an electrolyte solution comprised of PdCI2 a conductive salt and D2O, an anode of a noble metal, a cathode consisting of a conductive high Z (atomic number greater than 46) material wound around a deuteride-forming actinide nuclear fuel element, a power source providing constant current to the + anode and the - cathode, an applied power profile for fabricating the PdD nanoalloy, and a co-deposition of a PdD nanoalloy on to the high Z cathode winding as well as the nuclear fuel element. A preferred embodiment stablizes the actinide deuteride nuclear fuel element from hydrogen isotope de-loading. A preferred embodiment initiates deuterium-deuterium fusion in the deuterized fuel element and fissioning deuterized fuel element actinides. A preferred embodiment includes surrounding spent nuclear fuel elements with deuteride nuclear fuel elements that will fast fission the spent fuel elements. Another preferred embodiment includes surrounding the deuteride nuclear fuel elements with spent fuel elements as fast neutron reflectors that will also fission

WO2009108331A2 - A hybrid fusion fast fission reactor - Google Patents

Interesting article from 1989...Teller and Chu "Boost" Cold fusion.

Teller, Chu "Boost" Cold Fusion

Robert Pool

Science, 246 (4929), • DOI: 10.1126/science.246.4929.449

View the article online

Science | AAAS

Permissions

Science | AAAS

Teller was impressed enough to issue a personal written statement to the press. "Numerous interesting and partially contradictory results on cold fusion are in disagreement with the solidly established nuclear theory of fusion," he wrote. "There is a possibility to reconcile the results with the theory."

In his release, he offered a highly speculative scenario in which an "as yet undiscovered neutral particle" acts as a catalyst to remove neutrons from deuterium atoms and transfer them to other atoms, resulting in a new type of nuclear process. And he suggested that one way to test this hypothesis would be to run cold fusion experiments using uranium-235, because uranium's response to absorbing a neutron is well known.

But beyond that, few details from the meeting were available since it was closed to the press. Appleby said at a press briefing that they did not want to fall into the trap of releasing reports to the media that had not been carefully reviewed...

ALSO

According to a few workshop participants who spoke with Science, several researchers are still seeing excess heat from fusion cells similar to the ones originally described 7 months ago by Stanley Pons and Martin Fleishmann at the University of Utah. The anomalous heat measurements are coming not only from researchers who have already announced positive data, such as Appleby's team, but also from new entries to the field, such as Richard Oriani at the University of Minnesota. "Anomalous heating appears to be real," Appleby said. "If the temperature turns out not to be an artifact, then nuclear phenomena are involved. There is no other explanation."

• I'm referring to strictly beta electron, heat/cold, and light producing (super soft gamma) phenomena. The safest approach.

• The safest approach.

Yes I agree. LENR Electric and LENR Thermal are the CMNS energy technologies most needed in the market and non fissile is best. GEC is also pursuing a non fissile reactor core, as stated in the Space Act Agreement and seen at NASA LCF.

Yet consider

LENR Transmutation has more value to Earthly problems than turning "lead to gold.

Imagine if cold fusion market entry shuts down the nuclear fuel rod production cycle? Would the power plants all eventually wind down, usable generators sit idle, investments be stranded, becoming a nuclear waste rust belt and an industry held unaccountable?

The first reactor presented to enter the market, by the Navy GEC team, was the GeNie Reactor. As stated it transmutes spent fuel rods to benign elements while providing heat to power the turbines

If so, you may agree this is an important cold fusion energy technology. To provide a way to keep the turbines running and money flowing into this industry may allow them the means to clean up and pay off during the transition to CMNS energy technologies.

I discussed this during two lengthy phone conversations with Kenneth Kok the year he was helping organize the International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management.

He had read everything I had about this Navy cold fusion tech by the time of our second scheduled phone call. He was seriously amazed and impressed, stating that, if true, this will be an answer to the problems and liability of nuclear waste.

Invaluable and much needed.

He also spoke in length about the following article which he presented at the Conference. If all the energies of radioactibe waste were "fissioned" or "transmuted* out we would have benign elements and perhaps gigawatts of usable power.

https://inis.iaea.org › search › search

Used nuclear fuel/depleted uranium - is it a waste or a resou..|INIS

by KD Kok · 2013 · Cited by 4 — As such they are candidates for permanent disposal. ... International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management

Abstract

The purpose of this paper is to examine the energy and economic value of used nuclear fuel and depleted uranium. In the USA these materials are considered to be wastes. As such they are candidates for permanent disposal. The disposal of these materials in a manner that isolates them from human contact is a scientific, engineering, economic and political problem. Isolation can be defined requiring no potential human contact during a stated period of time due to failed containment. The period of isolation is expected to be in excess of one million years. The uranium in the used fuel and the depleted uranium left over from the enrichment process represent about 99.5 percent of the uranium that was removed from the ground by mining uranium ores. If these materials can be utilized they would not be considered to be wastes. In addition they would carry a positive economic value. The value of these materials, based on the energy that can be extracted from the uranium, exceeds $100 trillion. Based on this the conclusion is that the material is a very valuable resource and definitely is not a waste.

• economic value of used nuclear fuel and depleted uranium

Kok made a summary,,

download.

https://issuu.com/johna.shanahan/docs/icem_presentation_used_nuclear_fuel

Assumption... a fast breeder reactor is available...

It can use U238 etc

BUT n=1 .. where in the world?

the heroic Madras reactor is currently becoming a radioactive white elephant.

supposed to have been ready in 2010,,,

https://www.theindiaforum.in/a…ptember,part%20of%20India's%20nuclear%20establishment.

D2O or actinides..which do I want in my living room? I prefer LENR

• LENR

we won't even call it deuterium

green LEHR...its a question of marketing ...

a part of the "hydrogen economy"

'renewable' as the sun

and hey rare earths are in your Iphone

Digging for rare earths: The mines where iPhones are born
    How are these unusual minerals extracted from the ground and why is that process an environmental risk? CNET's Jay Greene explains.
    www.cnet.com

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.