Update of Russ George's blog: tiny ‘atom-ecology’ cold fusion fuel pellets

• Some interesting news on Russ George's web blog.

A technology he calls "Atom Ecology":

" when simply heated to a couple of hundred degrees to stimulate the cold fusion, they yielded staggering amounts of heat for weeks to months on end. Best of all in my reactors, the proof of the utility of my specially crafted quantum mechanical forest of isotopes is seen in the capturing and rendering the similar nuclear fusion energy into simple heat 20-2300C."

tiny ‘atom-ecology’ cold fusion fuel pellets about 1/10th of a cm2

Russ openly supports Jurg Wyttenbach 's theory.
    I can't judge how real his claims are, others might be.

But it may be worth digging a little deeper.

• Official Post

From George's blog "This mathematical model is based on the SO(4) algebra of quaternions."

I thought that quaternions represent 3-dimensional rotations and SO(4) represents 4-dimensional rotations

You can look what has been published by Wyttenbach in his Researchgate page here:

https://www.researchgate.net/p…hysics-20-new-SO4-physics

• Well, we have been here before...... :(

Personally, I see little difference between Rossi and these claims. (Or Johnny Five and a few others for that matter)

Periodically BIG claims, no data, a few hard questions presented and then get mad and disappear. You do not see legitimate researchers such as MagicSound do this!

I know a few here will jump to his defense, but it matters little... his actions speak for themselves, just like Rossi's does.

Big claims are simply that... big claims... We heard the "end of fossil fuel is over" two years ago..... along with ballerinas.

(removed errant paste from different thread!)

..edited and added...

" when simply heated to a couple of hundred degrees to stimulate the cold fusion, they yielded staggering amounts of heat for weeks to months on end. Best of all in my reactors, the proof of the utility of my specially crafted quantum mechanical forest of isotopes is seen in the capturing and rendering the similar nuclear fusion energy into simple heat 20-2300C."

This statement would be exceptionally easy to confirm by a third party without divulging any secrets. I am very doubtful it will be done.... :/ Sound familiar?

If RG wants to be taken seriously as a researcher, then he needs to act like a serious researcher, not like Rossi.

• "My mathematician collaborator Jurg Wyttenbach". Jurg, would you call yourself a collaborator? Does anyone know of any rigorous testing of RG's claims? At quick glance I see no discussion on his blog of test results. Only lot's of analogies (quantum forest, ecology, etc.)

• I have a lot of respect for the work of Russ Georges.

This is not somebody who's just gossiping. He's a man of can do.

Many scientists have dreamed of fertilizing the oceans to solve the problem of global warming.

With my friend John Giles, Russ Georges did it: he armed a boat, the WEATHERBIRD, and they went out into the ocean to seed the waves with iron sulfate, and the NASA satellites recorded their success.

Okay, Ok, Russ didn't choose the locations for the trials well: The Canaries and the Galapagos were too media-sensitive places, and Greenpeace took the lead.

But the results are there, they are data of steel, and one day, God willin, we will replicate its results on an industrial scale, leaving the port of Marseilles with vast ships laden with iron and other nutrients , to fertilize the southern seas, like new conquistadors coming out of Palos de Moguer like a flight of gyrfalcons.

With you my friends, we will save the Earth.

But excuse me if I adopt a somewhat lyrical speech ... In a less controversial area, Russ Georges' results on the release of helium by deuterium-laden palladium powder remain valid for more than twenty years after their realization.

So I have a favorable outlook and I am ready to believe my friend Russ Georges, even if his claims seem incredible. Of course, only the replication of its results in independent laboratories will have the last word.

Science is not faith.

• Tesla made astounding discoveries and changed the world with some of his implementations of electricity. Truly remarkable!

Tesla also said he was visited by Martians.......

RG defends Rossi........

I do not know about past projects of RG's nor the validity or reality of them. As pointed out above, they really do not have much to do with current LENR claims! I only know what I have seen him post concerning LENR. My thoughts stand as those actions speak for themselves. Also, other serious participants of LENR have little positive to say as well.

So it is hard to know in some aspects when you have sources telling opposite stories. Therefore, I look at what the person himself says / does that is available to me. So far, it is not promising. Do not get me wrong... I would be thrilled if his claims are validated! It would be the fulfilled wishes of many! However, just like Rossi, until there is verifiable data, there is nothing but big claims... just as before.... and the bigger the claims and the continued lack of validation of those claims will only put reputation higher at risk!

I state again, that it would be exceptionally easy to independently validate the above claims without jeopardizing any IP. I doubt this will be done. Similar claims in the past have shown no validations. Unfortunately, this same thing is seen from other "researchers" with dubious reputations. This is my concern with these statements and LENR in general. The field as a whole has floundered for years due to unsubstantiated claim after claim.... many were out right fraud!

If LENR wants to be taken seriously, then the supporters need to start calling for more serious behavior from participants. With the likes of Rossi and claims such as this, it is no wonder hardly anyone takes the field seriously.

• LENR-forum has members that work with RG and have seen the tests first hand, I don’t know if they are at liberty of discussing what they have done, but I for one think what Russ tells is well backed by data.

You should remember this scenario happened just two years ago and that "important" guests were going to witness first hand the dancing gamma ballerinas! Unfortunately, not a single validation was given to my knowledge. Shortly thereafter, RG threatens to file lawsuit and the entire Atom Ecology thread is pulled from this site. This is done by a serious, above board researcher?

We saw no data before and I am assuming we will see no data now. Time will tell as will his actions. Just like Alan states about Johnny 5 or his alter egos... ask to have some photos published, ask to have some data published and see what happens! He bets none will be. I would ask that some photos and data be published to back up these claims... I am assuming none will be either!

What is the difference between the two????? :/

• Unfortunately, not a single validation was given to my knowledge.

None were reported, as far as I know. I do not know whether any were presented. Smith and George say there have been presentations, but I have no knowledge of them. They say they have had visitors. I do not doubt that. But did the visitors see a convincing scientific demonstration, or a sales pitch? I have no idea. They say some of the visitors are distinguished scientists. Maybe, but since I do not know who the visitors were or what they thought, I cannot judge.

Years ago, the people at Defkalion said they had distinguished scientists visiting them who were impressed. I was able to speak to a few of those scientists. They were not impressed. What they saw did not strike me as a convincing demonstration. Without details I have no idea whether Smith and George are convincing.

Around the time Russ George left here in a huff, I said that if he wants to keep secrets, that's his right. His problem was, he wanted to keep it secret yet he wanted credit for his accomplishment. You cannot have it both ways. No one can give credit for secret result they know nothing about.

Vague statements about dancing gamma rays are not a description. You cannot give credit for that.

• Does this sound like an ego quarrel ? In style, my champion Mizuno, remains the best ?

• Does this sound like an ego quarrel ?

Maybe. But I get a sense that Smith and George are conflicted. Perhaps they cannot decide whether they want credit for the discovery, or whether they want a financial reward for it. If they reveal too much, the ideas may be taken from them.

The obvious way to prevent this is to file for a patent. Perhaps it is too early for them to file a patent? I don't know; I am just speculating. I have seen many researchers torn between revealing their work to establish priority and fame, and keeping it secret to make more money from it.

Some researchers want to keep things secret because they are not sure of their results. They want to make double-sure before revealing anything. That's understandable. I sympathize. Perhaps that is the situation with Smith and George. I sympathize, but they still cannot demand recognition, and it is unreasonable for George to get upset when people say they don't believe it.

In style, my champion Mizuno, remains the best ?

As far as I know, Mizuno files for patents before revealing his work. That is my impression. We have not discussed it. It is none of my business. I have no idea whether these patents are valid. But anyway, he does not think he taking a risk that people will steal his ideas.

• Official Post

"My mathematician collaborator Jurg Wyttenbach". Jurg, would you call yourself a collaborator? Does anyone know of any rigorous testing of RG's claims? At quick glance I see no discussion on his blog of test results. Only lot's of analogies (quantum forest, ecology, etc.)

Some researchers want to keep things secret because they are not sure of their results. They want to make double-sure before revealing anything. That's understandable. I sympathize. Perhaps that is the situation with Smith and George. I sympathize, but they still cannot demand recognition, and it is unreasonable for George to get upset when people say they don't believe it.

Jurg has worked alongside Russ and me in the lab for weeks at a time, and collaborated remotely. Also for clarification , I personally have no wish to patent anything LENR related and have never asked anybody to support the cold fusion work - though I have had a few unsolicited donations. Russ just likes to keep his secrets, but I know the results were excellent and so do quite a few other people. Most of the money for LENR comes from my pension or my back pocket. But since last November this side of the lab has been overtaken with hydrogen related activities, which do get funded.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.