Update of Russ George's blog: tiny ‘atom-ecology’ cold fusion fuel pellets

• I think Jed has let his personal animosity towards Russ cloud his judgement. A shame really, since Russ always speaks highly of him.

Oh come now. He attacked me here and in other on-line forums.

I haven't refused. I have said (several times, as has Wyttenbachonce ) -we will write a paper when the ducks are all in a row.

That is refusing! You just now, right here in that sentence, refused. You have made claims, but you will not give us any evidence for them. You are saying that sometime in the future when your ducks are in a row, you will provide evidence. But not now. I think you should say nothing until the ducks are lined up.

Or if you want to make unsubstantiated claims, don't get upset when I and others compare you to Johnny Five and other phantasmagoria.

Until then you will have to be patient. Premature discussion of methods and results would be unprofessional.

Preliminary fan dance intellectual striptease acts, cute empty hints, nonsense about dancing gamma rates, and meaningless claims that someone somewhere is impressed for some reason are also unprofessional.

• That is refusing! You just now, right here in that sentence, refused. You have made claims, but you will not give us any evidence for them.

Jed! Alan is just the land lord he helps where he can but the fuel stuff has been done by Russ.

Russ just restarted LENR work - at least the planning. The last year he was busy with ocean projects.

The results we had are outstanding (I did most measurements) and did help a lot in understanding LENR physics. But now we have to stable reproduce the best fuels.

As USPTO has a fringe process for the treatment of LENR it is impossible to file real good patents. I have the impression these guys just wait until somebody serves the USA an omelette on a dish and then they will sack it for state/military use. So we will develop a product.

I'm free to support any researcher on 1:1 basis what includes methods how to improve the fuel and running, controlling the process.

If forum members believe they get such info for free then these are just dreamers. We always can use money to speed-up the process and improve the quality of measurement control. But I prefer people that also can bring in some know-how and personal engagement.

• Russ George has been describing his “Atom-Ecology” results on his blog since May 2018. I have dipped into his descriptions to gather together an account, of the nature of his system. Dates are those of blog posts on which relevant comments were made. The great majority are from 2 years ago or more.

The nature of the system

• The system is sometimes know as Atom-Ecology, sometimes as Natural Fusion. Russ George believes that both terms are trademarked
    • Effects involve nucleosynthesis, excess heat, and gamma radiation
    • Reactions producing energetic radiation are a small proportion of the total. Mostly heat is produced 29/05/18
    • “The heat comes overwhelmingly from the D+D → 4He reaction” 26/09/18
    • Activity in fuel pellets can synchronize with that in other pellets at distances of a metre or so, and also with cosmic/solar activity 09/07/2018
    • This is a “ … first dramatically demonstrable cold fusion technology proven in both practice and theory” 26/09/2018
    • “Many repeats of the experiment have produced a steadily stable long term cold fusion effect” 22/09/2018

The fuel

• The fuel is a “highly complex deuterated nanometric-meta-alloy” 09/07/18
    • Constituting a “hot dry system in which … [a] deuterated fuel mixture is activated by heat 10/06/18
    • The “fuel is is mostly deuterium in an ultradense state” 26/9/19
    • Fuel is prepared in air, and loaded into pencil sized ceramic tubes 29/05/18

Progress of the work and goals

• “I’m working as fast as I can to deliver it to store shelves, a task that ought to take months not years”. 10/08/2018
    • “… make money, yeah that’s possible but nah … Save the world” 10/08/2018
  • “The heat comes overwhelmingly from the D+D → 4He reaction” 26/09/18

For this we now have direct spectral proof! But as said research needs resources and the call of the fish was much louder! Also I did need > 1/2 year to analyze the data and writing software to do it!

For real progress we also need a better lab/equipment. This is the usual path of all progress. You can't fly to the moon with a bicycle...E.g. I just ordered a better - new spectrometer.

• I have already provided a sampling of LENR claims from Russ George's blog, Atom Ecology. I will now begin to post some of the graphical evidence Mr George provides on the same site. I reproduce these images here for the purpose of critique and review.

FIrst, evidence of excess heat. Below is an image taken from the very top of Mr George's blog post "Glimpse the end of the fossil fuel/fool age" for August 8 2018.

This figure shows temperatures measured in some of Alan Smith's Looking for Heat reactor shells just after external heating is turned off. These are cooling curves. The important thing to grasp here is that Alan's reactor systems have not just an external heater, but also a small internal heater that can mimic the heat evoked by an active LENR reaction. When the internal heater mimics LENR evoked excess heating of 25+ Watts (blue curve), the resulting cooling curve pretty much falls right on top of the cooling curve generated by an active Atom-Ecology fuel charge. In this image, one should ignore anything to the right of the suddenly flat region in the green curve near the bottom. This part of the green curve is not true cooling, instead it appears that the external heater was turned back on.

The gap between the red and green curves is therefore to be attributed to LENR excess heat of 25+ Watts. The time base is unknown here and appears to have been eliminated intentionally. On thing that we can deduce from this image is that the Atom-Ecology system is apparently maximally activated at temperatures of 250 degC and above. If this wasn't so, then we wouldn't see an exponential time course in the cooling region. Instead we would see initially exponential cooling followed by a sudden decline in reactor temperature as the LENR reaction begins to shut down. The picture, then, is of a reaction that is activated between room temperature and 250 degC and then is maximal at higher temperatures.

• and the call of the fish was much louder!

Iron in the Southern Ocean

TM 1.11

We know the ocean is essentially anemic..there isn't enough iron for plant growth

The southern ocean thirsts more for iron...

but the call of the fish is an expensive call.to feed .. $billions ..

Massive geonutrition requires geopolitics and georesearch..

on the scale of volcanoes.

Perhaps Australia will be motivated to do more about the link btw ocean acidification iron and bushfires..

perhaps not.

it is an old island which has been burning since the dreamtime and the burnt dust nourishes the ocean

iron nourishment may be an expensive palliative fix.. for CO2 acidification

LENR may be a cheaper method to get rid of CO2 acidification.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Jed! Alan is just the land lord he helps where he can but the fuel stuff has been done by Russ.

If he is the landlord he should say nothing. He should not be telling us that impressive but unnamed people have visited and they think the research is the cat's pajamas. A landlord is not supposed to blab about a tenant.

• Is something that takes twice as long to cool as something else actually outputting more heat?

I only see a temperature curve, not a power curve.

I suppose it depends on how similar the two objects are, but little to no information has been supplied in that regard.

Just for sake of conversation, suppose I coated a high emissivity heat source with a low emissivity coating, and compared the cooling curves of both instances. It might look like the coated unit is making excess heat by the standard of the above cooling plot, when it just takes longer for the coated source to eliminate the same amount of heat. The temperature would rise faster for the coated source, when heating up, as well.

• Official Post

He should not be telling us that impressive but unnamed people have visited and they think the research is the cat's pajamas.

Seems like I was the only one saying that?...but I could be wrong. It was not my finest hour if so. Alan was the landlord as Wytten said, and also played an assistant role at first, that over time grew into a semi-partnership. He tried to learn as much as he could, but was never let in on the secret sauce.

Quite a delicate position he found himself in; Russ was charming in the lab, but a beast on the forum, and Alan was (still is) his friend, but also married to the forum. Poor man is still paying the price for his dual loyalties. Time to let up?

If Russ has anything, I do not see the need for these games. He even admitted he was not in it for the money anymore, so the only options left are to donate his life work to humanity, or take it to the grave. After he had a taste of mortality with his COVID experience, I had hopes he would come out a changed man.

• The connection btw iron and natural magmatic LENR.. a millenial geological perspective

When I read Atom Ecology stuff

the impression that I get is that the RG LENR process involving heterogenous mixtures of metallic oxides

relates in some way to the heterogeneity of magmas..

however magmas are not fueled by deuterium..

where serpentinisation occurs.. (which is quite widespread from 12 km deep upwards to the solid surface)

they will be fueled by hydrogen( and a little deuterium)

The deeper magmas tend to be in a reducing environment

This reducingness is expressed in broad geologist terms as low f(O2) .low oxygen fugacity.

Singularly , on Planet Terra, te ao hurihuri- papatuanuku,,

molecular oxygen is maintained by the biosphere,.in a high fugacity environment

and as low fugacity magmas approach the surface they contact with hydrogen

derived from reduction of water by Fe+2... and other reduced forms of metal ions.

At the high temperatures in magma...... 600....1500 C the diffusion of hydrogen within the magma slush

is fairly rapid so that even some high MP crystals such as zircon,zirconium silicate, will have significant hydrogen concentrations.

it is within such crystalline structures as zircon, olivine, garnet,

( there are multitudes of minerals crystallizing. recrystallizing, over thousand of years in the magma mush)

that natural LENR reactions where hydrogen fuses to become helium may take place.

https://opentextbc.ca/geology/…crystallization-of-magma/

As Wyttenbach has pointed out.. the problem with H fusion is to have a pathway to release the huge energy of fusion which is 22 MEV

as gentle heat rather than as large Mev photons

A broad trophic pyramid of multiple ( hundreds of ) metallic isotopes.. Fe 156 157 etc with multlple gamma states all the way from 22 MEV down to low kevs

may be necessary to have a balanced 'ecosystem ' which deliversthe fusion energy as vibrations in the infrared range.

One problem is the low KEV states...in the lowerpart of the pyramid ..these tend to be in short supply... due to the general lack of odd isotopes.

There are plenty of High KEV states eg Fe 156..

If the gamma cascade is delivered by one 22Mev fusion event.. much more of the lower feeders will be needed.

For example Fe157 has a low 14.4 Kev state.

supposing 22 Mev loses 50% of its energy as heat as it steps down the gamma staircase

perhaps due to electron cloud vibrations due to intense magnetic ' field ' transfers)

this still leaves 11 Mev ..

At the 14.4 Kev bottleneck.. there are required to be , 11000/14.4 =764 Fe157 atoms to transfer this 11Mev..

but Fe157 is just a minor atom (2%) and there are lots of Fe156 atoms pushing stepped down energy

in large magma slush blobs covering cubic kilometers this low KEV population deficiency may not be a problem

as LENR from just a small portion will maintain the heat and hydrogen diffusion into the crystals..in the large blob

However in a pencil sized reactors supplementation of the mix with suitable low KEV isotopes has been suggested

with Sn/Ag... etc. . Iron alone is insufficient because the Fe157 is too low in concentration in the native iron supply.

of course Fe57 synthesis is possible by Fe56+H.> Co57.. there is some evidence for this from Iwamura..1998.

Of course one cannot patent a natural LENR process.. but to research and or patent a modified natural process

with hundreds of possible combinations of different gamma states will take some time.

Of course this is speculation.. without a gamma spectrometer.. an electric heater..an alumina or zirconia tube. etc and a lab..

but I do have some zircon sand..supposedly millions of years old and slightly radioactive with U and Th..

• Official Post

If he is the landlord he should say nothing. He should not be telling us that impressive but unnamed people have visited and they think the research is the cat's pajamas. A landlord is not supposed to blab about a tenant.

I think that the landlord doesn't usually pay the rent and buy the groceries. And you should watch your manners.

• The gap between the red and green curves is therefore to be attributed to LENR excess heat of 25+ Watts.

I measured many cool down curves and these always show different rates at different temperatures. Of course the 25 Watts are a good approximation. Whether it is 22 or 27 Watts does not bother us as the excess heat is far above a tiny signal that require expensive calorimetry. There are many other sources of error like exact calibration of a TC, T ambient, thermic mass etc..

But also the radiation (gamma spectrum) measurements shows that there always are at least 2 maxima at two different temperatures.

This figure has no numbers on the horizontal scale. It has no explanation. This figure is meaningless.

You just disqualified you... as a self designated expert.

however magmas are not fueled by deuterium..

This is not quite clear. The ratio of deuterium from comets/earth is 7/4. So the earth already used 3/7 of its deuterium. If we assume the water came from the outside and comets are relevant.

I think that the landlord doesn't usually pay the rent and buy the groceries. And you should watch your manners.

Of course Alan did much more, as he did almost everything for Russ except the core research of fuel mixing.

I only wanted to avoid that folks try to nail him with LENR questions that he cannot answer.

In fact you always need a team to reach a goal. And without Alan's work we would not have had success.

• I measured many cool down curves and these always show different rates at different temperatures.

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by "different rates at different temperatures"?

P.S. I don't mean to ask you to reveal your experimental results. I am trying to understand your procedure for measuring cooling rates.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.