Update of Russ George's blog: tiny ‘atom-ecology’ cold fusion fuel pellets

• From the same MaxPlanckInstitute article

which Russ probably read somewhere along the track

The self-organized synchronization of seemingly independent oscillators to one frequency can be observed in many systems in nature and engineering.

The prerequisite is often a "hidden" coupling, as via the joint suspension for the pendulum clocks.

Scientists like Timme also call this a locking behaviour, with all oscillators involved synchronizing to precisely one frequency and then remaining trapped in it.

if you put digital watches instead of clocks ,, the joint suspension effect probably doesn't work..at least timewise

The hidden coupling varies with the mix most probably,, grandfather clocks may dance slower than gamma girls

somethng like Prokofiev's dance of the knights

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Classical synchronization indicates persistent entanglement in isolated quantum systems.

• What Bruce__H related here is an AM modulation , also expected about QX by some bloggers in recent past.

QX?

Edit: Wait! I recall now. You are speaking of the ecat QX as demonstrated by Andrea Rossi several years ago. And yes indeed, I recall Rossi dialing up a sum of sines on his oscilloscope in hopes of confounding and impressing the audience. Such signals have also figured in lots of science fiction movies over the years as I recall.

• The problem with the cast of millions of gamma girls and dancing knights,

with hundreds of isotopes and isomers like K40..Fe 56 Fe 57 Sm155 Sn117 Ag107

with multiple states and with lifetimes varying from picosseconds to minutes.. hors... days

is that the resonant transfer of KeV quanta of spin energy is a poorly understood phenomenon

the shell model assignments for the gamma levels with spins of J=7/2 etc.. are very approximate only

and is an area where few Standard Model scientists dare to tread...

.they prefer Gev gigacrashes rather than

the not so glamorous keV ballet

although it is a fascinating nuclear spectacle

and then there is the phonon supporting cast of billions ..

the investigation of resonant transfer of just one isotope such as Nb93 or Co57 is an opus of its own

For example the resonant transfer by Co57 took major work by one researcher and is not finsihed yet..

https://dspace.mit.edu/bitstre…df?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

So without mega data coming from thousands of gamma spectrometer traces

gamma girls and dancing clocks metaphor is about the level of knowledge we a stuck with right now..

In truth most of the populace finds more satisfaction from watching Romeo and Juliet or Trumps lives and wives

than from trolling thru gamma specs..

• Mechanical clocks do not synchronize by quantum entanglement

Positive synchronization by gravity, anticorrelation by sound. I believe. Gravity effects were discovered by Alfred Loomis and anticorrelation by Huygens, but not explained until recently. "Gravity" meaning one pendulum will pull another, some distance away. Loomis was able to detect the effects of the moon's gravity on pendulum clocks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900993/

https://www.livescience.com/51…dulum-clocks-sync-up.html

• Mythbusters set up something like 100 metronomes, and discovered the synchronization mechanism.

Not necessarily in that order.

Then they applied that knowledge later to build the resonance bridge destroyer using an army of synchronized stomping feet.

• Mechanical clocks do not synchronize by quantum entanglement and turbulence is not a force.

The problem I see on RG's blog, and why I couldn't actually get beyond a cursory reading, is it's overuse of analogies. which is a pet peave of mine.

Analogies are not evidence of anything.

It is like saying:

A is sort of like B

If B then C.

C, therefore A.

Lenr is like ecology is a purely a weak analogy.

In this weak analogy sense, of course spooky action at a distance at the quantum level can explain macroscopic effects like pendulum synchronization, because they are sort of the same right?

The more "mavericks" ponder analogies, the more I write them off as crackpots.

And I know some people here don't like talking about mental conditions, but I have posted links here before about finding patterns in random data, events, etc is a sign of schizophrenia. Not that this makes one less intelligent, sometimes the opposite. But these perceived patterns are usually purely a figments of our imagination.

• Activity in fuel pellets can synchronize with that in other pellets at distances of a metre

I can't recall i meter distances,, but for an atom even 1 micron is a vast distance

spooky action at a distance

The synchronisation over long distances btw nuclei has research precedent.

although the evidence is not physicsfordummies.

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4352/7/7/196/pdf

One lone researcher who has continued investigating the gamma ballet in the Kev region

(despite academic and perhaps political hindrance over the last decade)

Dr Yao Cheng.. now in Taiwan.

. has good evidence for cooperative long distance interactions between gamma states

. but struggles to explain them

Nb93m is a longlived isomer with a 31 keV excited gamma state and a long 16 year halflife

When a niobium crystal is bombarded with neutrons a small amount (10(12)/cc) of excited niobium Nb93m forms

This causes anomalous effects... such as decreasing the decay halflife of tantalum

and producing anomalous Rayleigh scattering

There also evidence of oscillations...

"

Once nuclear resonance occurs,

a single nuclear gamma excitation delocalizes to billions of identical nuclei in the crystal.

Delocalized gamma excitation acquires an eV mass and its spin orientation in the crystal,

by absorbing the Nambu-Goldstone bosons of phonon and magnon [12].

The nuclear exciton spreads in a µm region over the photonic crystal of identical nuclei,

and it carries no charge, but does carry a spin.

However, the term “nuclear exciton” [13] fails to capture the important character of an antiferromagnetic nesting spin chains [9].

We, therefore, prefer the term “nuclear spin-density wave” (NSDW) [7].

Cheng attributes this long distance cooperative interaction.. to a room temperature Bose Einstein Condensate.

Clearly this is an underresearched phenomenon..with limited theoretical explanation

With longlived Nb93m it is easier, but with the shortlived isomers thought to be operative in the LENR.. eg Ag107

the investigation would a bit more tricky to do .. Cheng already tried it with Rh103 with a halflife of 56 minutes

but shifted to Nb93 many years ago. 2006

• This is logically incorrect anyway.

If you know A -> B, and you know B is true, you can not deduct anything about A.

If you know A->B, and you know B is false, then you can deduct A is false. (Modus Tollens)

• Official Post

Lenr is like ecology is a purely a weak analogy.

No- it's a very good analogy. for example Ed Storms talks about the NAE - the nuclear active environment. The business of mixing and preparing fuel - which in this case involves a mix of perhaps 20 variously gas-loaded or electrolytically loaded elements and compounds - is building an ecosystem in which LENR can flourish. Like any ecosystem, if it has the correct balance of components tot sustain 'life' or nuclear activity - in which balance I include temperature, pressure, magnetic flux etc it will self-organise and exhibit persistent, interesting and potentially useful behaviours. If the balance is not correct, it may flicker briefly into action and then 'die', or simply remain an inert mix of materials.

• Lenr is like ecology is a purely a weak analogy

It is not a sign of weak schizophrenia to suggest this.

This would be psychologyfordummies..

As I have postulated the comparison of the energy drops from 22MEV to infrared virations

to trophic levels in a food pyramid is helpful because it provides a way to extend

LENR to magma. However the pyramid with producers and consumers and heat losses

at different levels is an abstraction.. even as the food web is

ecology is a whole lot more complex.

One will not find undiverse Ni/Pd/deuterium Mizuno type mixtures in your nearest magma batholith

but one will find mixtures of Iron K scandium plenty of isotopes a thousand or so.

all with the potential to transfer bits of the keV range of nuclear energy downwards..

The mixture which is able to do this with the smoothest path may well be the one

that persists for hundreds or thousands of years...

if heat is not transferred smoothly.. one may get eruptionsexcursions.

It is not just LENR heat that needs to be got rid of..The U .Th and K40 all

have decay heat ...U>>>>>>>Pb= ~50 Mev.

the ecological perspective which brings in the idea of complex interacting systems

is relatively novel to mechanical engineering types....

in a sense their education is deficient

I am not bipolar for suggesting this but in fact multipolar.. multilateral

but my mutlpolarity does not extend to Rossi thread OCD.

• The business of mixing and preparing fuel - which in this case involves a mix of perhaps 20 variously gas-loaded or electrolytically loaded elements and compounds - is building an ecosystem in which LENR can flourish.

Russ George describes his fuel as being prepared in air. Is that not at odds with electrolytic or gas loading of reactive species?

"By the way I also prepare and load this fuel in air, a fact that might be a big tip to those skilled in the art". From Atom Eology blog May 10, 2018

• I can't recall i meter distances,, but for an atom even 1 micron is a vast distance

The fuel pellets that are supposedly displaying synchronous behaviour are separated by a distance on the order of a metre (as opposed to cm, or mm, or km scales). In the same blog post in which the sychronization phenomenon is mentioned, George exhibits a photo showing what I take to be the relevant reactors

Distance shouldn't matter anyway. Russ George seems to think that the synchronization is achieved through quantum entanglement and that should be independent of distance. I don't know how he actually thinks that works.

• Official Post

Distance shouldn't matter anyway. Russ George seems to think that the synchronization is achieved through quantum entanglement and that should be independent of distance. I don't know how he actually thinks that works

Russ merely states the distance. I think you are making the mistake of thinking Russ is stupid. That would be a big mistake, I have worked with and for some very bright people indeed, and he isn't far behind any of them.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.