The European LENR project HERMES

• Official Post

teppo , I see this “star blogger”Schneider has challenged you through Twitter, the guy has stayed clear of calling you fraud, but insists in calling Pons and Fleischmann frauds. This is the kind of problems out of thin air that this kind of childlike keyboard warrior characters create.

• teppo , I see this “star blogger”Schneider has challenged you through Twitter, the guy has stayed clear of calling you fraud, but insists in calling Pons and Fleischmann frauds. This is the kind of problems out of thin air that this kind of childlike keyboard warrior characters create.

And yet you'll respond to the trolls building their egos with each post. Instead call them for what they are, nothing more than dust sniffing yahoos and then ignore them. Responding to ignorance keeps the trolling rolling.

• Official Post

And yet you'll respond to the trolls building their egos with each post. Instead call them for what they are, nothing more than dust sniffing yahoos and then ignore them. Responding to ignorance keeps the trolling rolling.

I agree to a certain degree.
    But also, any comment you can post there that will help an unbiased reader get a glimpse of the true intentions of these yahoos, and also with links to published research that supports the validity of LENR,

is not aimed to the yahoo’s, but to any of their readers that might go there and leave with a more balanced view of the matter.

• teppo , I see this “star blogger”Schneider has challenged you through Twitter, the guy has stayed clear of calling you fraud, but insists in calling Pons and Fleischmann frauds. This is the kind of problems out of thin air that this kind of childlike keyboard warrior characters create.

Oh, I'm not involved in the project (I only wish I were), just a messenger from the peanut gallery.

• Official Post

I've interacted with some of those troll, they refuse to update any of their belief... Look like some of their antiscience best enemies. they are not more worthy than the flatearthers they enjoy ridiculing, because it is easy.

One way to help fight their lies, basically that there is no peer-review report of LENR, could be to produce a good synthesis of public access papers or abstract of the well know list of PR LENR positive like what JedRothwell have already done :

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acro…ellJtallyofcol.pdf#page=6

Something so easy that the people who look at those troll as "trustworthy" will quickly understand they are just loons.

But it is very hard, as they just do as any flat-earther, saying "it is all fraud", "it is a conspiracy", "they are incompetent" "there is no paper" "the journal is bad" "it is buddy peer review"... exhausting to talk, and so common today, as it is the post truth way of mind that is destroying civilization...

Not talking of the way the Caltech and MIT papers could be seens as achievement in incompetence and fraud, and Morrisson as summum of absurdity, not even false.
    Could be nice to review the paper by Wilson to use it as evidence of LENR, as it seems to be.

hopeless. give them a brain.;(

• Shane D.

Changed the title of the thread from “Breakthrough zero-emissions heat generation with hydrogen-metal systems HERMES 952184” to “The European LENR project HERMES”.
    • Official Post

Mainstream article on LENR in Howstuffworks

Is the Dream of Cold Fusion Still a Possibility?

https://science.howstuffworks.…al/energy/cold-fusion.htm

Cites Google and Hermes...

Good article with some comments from HERMES. Not sure I like the part in BOLD though:

"In Europe, a multinational team of scientists recently embarked upon yet another cold fusion investigation, the HERMES project, which will employ more advanced scientific techniques and tools developed in recent years.

"The purpose is to try to look for an experiment that would reproducibly produce some anomalous effects," says Pekka Peljo, in an email. He's the project's coordinator, and an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at the University of Turku in Finland. "We are revisiting some of the previous experiments. Also, we are going to study electrochemistry of palladium-hydrogen and palladium-deuterium systems in detail, utilizing well-controlled model systems such as palladium single crystals. So shortly, HERMES is a combination of fundamental studies on palladium-hydrogen system, repetition of some promising earlier experiments, and development of new approaches. For example, we are going to look at reactions at higher temperatures utilizing proton conductive solid oxides."

Even so, the researchers aren't necessarily expecting to find evidence of cold fusion.

"The majority of the scientific field think it was most likely experimental artifact, i.e., it is not real," Peljo explains. "Basically, when palladium metal is loaded with high amounts of deuterium, it seems that most of the time nothing unusual happens. But sometimes, for reasons not well understood, it seems that something strange can happen. Originally, Pons and Fleischmann observed excess heat, but there are reports of other anomalous effects, such as neutron radiation or helium production. But there are a lot of reproducibility issues. Most likely, these reactions are not actually fusion, but instead some other nuclear reactions taking place in the metal lattice."

• From the article, quoting Peljo with the HERMES project,

"Originally, Pons and Fleischmann observed excess heat, but there are reports of other anomalous effects, such as neutron radiation or helium production. But there are a lot of reproducibility issues. Most likely, these reactions are not actually fusion, but instead some other nuclear reactions taking place in the metal lattice."

This last idea has been my working hypothesis as well, namely, that the helium in the original P&F experiment was real, but the result of accelerated alpha decay instead of deuterium-deuterium fusion. Hopefully the HERMES people do not try to control variables too strictly by using palladium that is ultra pure or something. If my hunch is in the right direction, it could well be some other element in the mix that was involved that came along with the palladium or with the platinum electrodes.

Glad to see that there's a glimmer of effort on the mainstream science side of things to try to bridge the gap with what the LENR researchers are reporting.

• Official Post

Hopefully the HERMES people do not try to control variables too strictly by using palladium that is ultra pure or something. If my hunch is in the right direction, it could well be some other element in the mix that was involved that came along with the palladium or with the platinum electrodes.

The whole CMNS research community (pretty much) has been discussing the issue of Pd purity recently. One of the current theories is that Boron oxide inclusions may be found in some Pd samples, which in turn promote the formation of voids and nanocracks in the Pd. These become active sites for LENR since they act as concentration points for D2.

If you are wondering where the Boron comes from, it is used as an oxygen scavenger (flux) in the final stages of the Pd refining process.

• In the Nature article about Google's efforts linked to in the HowStuffWorks overview, from 2019 (I've been out of this for a while), we have Dr. Close of CF replication infamy:

Some scientists welcomed the scrutiny brought by the Google project. But Frank Close, a theoretical physicist at the University of Oxford, UK, says that the scientific mainstream has shunned the topic for good reason: no one has managed to independently reproduce the finding and more worthwhile topics have emerged, he says. “There is no theoretical reason to expect cold fusion to be possible, and a vast amount of well-established science that says it should be impossible,” says Close, who was involved in efforts to replicate the original 1989 experiment.

This blithe writing off of the CMNS research was always frustrating for me to see. You can surely challenge specific papers on specific points. But dismissing a whole corpus of work out of hand isn't a thing, or at least it shouldn't be. And, of course, Close's lacking a theoretical reason just means that he has been fixated on ruling out a specific mechanism whose parameter space he has a lot of confidence he understands, and apparently he has not been susceptible to the intrusion of any kind of lateral thinking.

It's great to see Google have been following up on this since 2015, and it's promising that Nature were willing to publish an overview of the Google work, even if they hedge things significantly. Perhaps the taboo on this kind of research will gradually lift.

• Official Post

From the article, quoting Peljo with the HERMES project,

This last idea has been my working hypothesis as well, namely, that the helium in the original P&F experiment was real, but the result of accelerated alpha decay instead of deuterium-deuterium fusion. Hopefully the HERMES people do not try to control variables too strictly by using palladium that is ultra pure or something. If my hunch is in the right direction, it could well be some other element in the mix that was involved that came along with the palladium or with the platinum electrodes.

Glad to see that there's a glimmer of effort on the mainstream science side of things to try to bridge the gap with what the LENR researchers are reporting.

Eric Walker , Just to be sure you know, this is only one of the European funded projects, the other is named CleanMHE (metal hydrogen energy) and is currently headed by Francesco Celani. There are many other familiar names and some new ones. This very recent paper is not directly related to the CleanMHE project but The researcher is apparently new to the field and is listed as a member, and it reports validation of “cold fusion”.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/attachment/15565-alexandrov-pdf/

• Scientists from CEITEC are working on breakthrough zero-emission energy production through cold fusion of hydrogen and palladium

Colleagues in France will then work with optimized nanoparticles, pumping hydrogen into them and trying to create a reaction that releases energy, especially thermal energy.

For the last six months, we have been intensively preparing various types of nanoparticles. We try different chemical and physical approaches and optimize everything. We have already sent several batches to France and are waiting for the first results.

Scientists from CEITEC are working on breakthrough zero-emission energy production through cold fusion of hydrogen and palladium
    The European Union's FET Proactive – Boosting Emerging Technologies program supports research and development projects that deliver radically new results with…
    www.ceitec.eu

Discussed here The European LENR project HERMES

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.