The European LENR project HERMES

• "First of the major publications coming out of HERMES project is out now. We are looking at fundamental aspects of proton electroreduction at Pd surfaces."

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/smll.202202410

• teppo The paper seems to be basic science research, about metallurgy details on PdH. Can you explain if there are key finding , beyond measuring parameters. I see it may give hints how to optimize Pd nanostructures?

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• teppo The paper seems to be basic science research, about metallurgy details on PdH. Can you explain if there are key finding , beyond measuring parameters. I see it may give hints how to optimize Pd nanostructures?

Sorry, I'm not part of the project nor any expert, so I can't really help.

But yes, to me it seems to be dealing with the optimization of nanostructures to find the greatest activity, i.e. the creation of foundations for further research.

Can someone with better understanding comment on this?

• This is not specific to LENRs that researchers manage to find money for any research useful or not in order to fill their bank account each 31st .

It already exists dozen and dozen papers on the net in this way of investigation...

teppo The paper seems to be basic science research, about metallurgy details on PdH. Can you explain if there are key finding , beyond measuring parameters. I see it may give hints how to optimize Pd nanostructures?

• "First of the major publications coming out of HERMES project is out now. We are looking at fundamental aspects of proton electroreduction at Pd surfaces."

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/smll.202202410

There is a lot of voltametry results that have already been explored by SKINR, Violente, Google-sponsored, etc...

It adds some DFT calculations and the big chunk is on this n-EC-STM which I find very interesting. Overall, not a ground shaking paper, but it shows their research path, they wan to do systematic analysis of the electrochemical process and the crystal changes induced by the formation of PdH hydride.

This will be useful research in my opinion.

On the political side, they are very cautious. F&P paper is only cited in the 39th reference, but too bad for them, the formatting put it right at the top of the last page. "God has it ways..." :)

• Hello Mathieu

That you've been coming to us for a long time, if you help me, at least I'll know what you've been doing...

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Extra, extra! We have #energytransition news! ⚡ CleanHME is aiming to develop a safe, compact & efficient energy s… https://t.co/drqcLA23Tz

I suppose CleanHME EU has it's own thread... this could be moved there or to the ICCF-24 thread...

I intend to research these folks soon,.. papers, patents, companies and skill sets of those involved. With a little help I am certain they could successfully enter the market soon.

CleanHME - US?

Is anyone working on this?

Such a consortium could be created in the US to seek DoE funding. Perhaps Brillouin Energy Corporation, and others deserve ARPA-E funding. Pressure could be put to challenge their (BEC) recent ARPA-E rejection. Seems to me that Larry Page and Lawrence Forsley could act as spokespersons for the group and open some doors into the DoE considering their long-standing CMNS research partnerships with DoE and other US National Laboratories.

? 'CleanHME'-US ?

Cold Fusion All Together Now

Solid State Atomic and Fusion Energy

Dream Big at ICCF-24!

• Sprawozdanie z działalności Uniwersytetu Szczecińskiego - 2019

"The research team of prof. In 2019, Konrad Czerski prepared two applications for funding research under: • Horizon 2020: CleanHME aimed at the development of energy technologies related to the use of cold fusion, for the amount of PLN 25 130 013.75. This application has been approved by the European Commission, and contracts between the consortium members are currently being prepared. The University of Szczecin is the leader of this project involving 17 entities from all over the world."

Value

1,063,250 EUR

Konrad Czerski last paper on subject

THis takes you to the CleanHME thread.

• Just to be sure; Czerski is with CleanHME.

Right

These threads were, basically, missed by me... I was extremely busy then.

I'm studying both threads from the beginning and all the HERMES archived papers and documents.

Great threads to keep up to date on.

Extremely savvy and skilled folks. Storms et.al. are most likely 👍 impressed. The MIT CleanHME folks as well.

• This is a poster abstract that was uploaded 2 weeks ago and has an interesting description but seems to have not been presented yet, does anyone know which event is this?

https://abstracts-regional.ise-online.org/infiles/doc_production/reg220239.pdf

Electrodeposition of Pd on CR-39

Kimmo Pyyhtiä, Pekka Peljo

Battery Materials and Technologies, Materials Engineering, University of Turku, Finland

[email protected]

Anomalous heat and energetic particle generation in electrochemical co-deposition of Pd/D has been a

controversial problem since the first reports of such effects in late 1980s. During the “cold fusion boom”

of 1990s the phenomenon was widely researched but no conclusive results were achieved and low energy

nuclear reaction was labeled mostly as pseudoscience. Some research has continued until present day and

there has been growing interest in recent years on revisiting the topic of cold fusion as the world is in ever

more dire need of new sustainable energy generation technologies.

One of the greatest problems with cold fusion, along with the lack of suitable theoretical framework, is

the low reproducibility of the experiments, especially the ones where excess heat has been reported. The

basis of this work performed within the Horizon 2020 FET Proactive project HERMES has been in

reproducing experiments performed by Mosier-Boss et. al. [1-2] and in identifying what variables affect

the number of observed energetic particle tracks left on CR-39 nuclear track detectors.

In this work Pd/D co-deposition was performed in an electrochemical cell in the presence of a CR-39

nuclear track detector. Upon depositing palladium on Ag wire, dendritic structures were formed and after

the multi-day experiments had finished the etched CR-39 detectors were analyzed for signs of high

energy particles. Energetic particles break the polymer chains of CR-39 plastic which grow into visible

pits when etched with an alkaline solution. The experiments were performed with many combinations of

different electroactive species (PdCl2, CuCl2, PtCl2) with different supporting electrolytes (LiCl and KCl)

and dissolved in either H2O or D2O. The contents of the electrolytes before and after the experiments

were analyzed with ICP-MS to detect possible deviations of Pd isotope ratios from the natural abundance

ratios. We will summarize our results in this poster.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• This is a poster abstract that was uploaded 2 weeks ago and has an interesting description but seems to have not been presented yet, does anyone know which event is this?

https://abstracts-regional.ise…_production/reg220239.pdf

ISE Regional Meeting in Prague, August 15th to 19th

International Society of Electrochemistr

Symposium 7 Physical electrochemistry (s7-008 Pyyhtiä, Peljo)

https://regional.ise-online.org/img-Prague/Program/s7_posters.pdf

• ISE Regional Meeting in Prague, August 15th to 19th

https://regional.ise-online.org/program.php

Symposium 7 Physical electrochemistry (s7-008 Pyyhtiä, Peljo)

https://regional.ise-online.or…ue/Program/s7_posters.pdf

Thanks teppo , no luck finding the poster itself, the abstract is really good at picking one’s curiosity.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• teppo , do you think you could email the main author and ask if he can share his poster? I really am curious if they were able to see anything with the isotopic ratios.

• Hi Curbina, I asked but I haven't got any answer so far...

EDIT:

I received answer from mr. Pyyhtiä. He told me that the poster will be available in due time on the project's website, but the goal is to get the results published first.

He also apologized for not being able to say more at the moment.

• Well, thanks for this teppo !!! It’s good news anyway.

• External Content twitter.com

Isotope Effects in the Electrodeposition of Ag and Pd
    The influence of solvent and its isotope in electrochemical deposition of silver and palladium on pencil graphite from H2O, D2O and MeCN was examined …
    www.sciencedirect.com

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.