Industrial Heat Peter Hagelstein, Dennis Letts LENR Patents 2020 Vision and Hindsight

• Official Post

Based on this compared to the previous application, I think this is going to struggle to get granted.

Nar, As Lou Pagnucco says, this is a recently granted patent, you need to pay more attention.

Lou, you are right it doesn’t mentions fusion at all, but it prominently talks about anomalous heat, so it did not hid the nature of the effect, and also admitted the exact cause remains unknown and it focused in how to improve the triggering of it. I think this move may have been key to get it accepted.

I don’t know if I am alone in thinking this has at least some points in common with the SAFIRE reactor, specially with Regards to the electrodes, composition and permeability to H.

• At least USA know how to finance their compatriots ...

Why this remark ?

Would Switzerland become so generous ?

Do they plan finally to water surrounding countries by their overfilled bank accounts ?

Silly comments don't help. IH issues fake patents, that's what counts. I only say this gives them no protection at all!

• Nar, As Lou Pagnucco says, this is a recently granted patent, you need to pay more attention.

Lou, you are right it doesn’t mentions fusion at all, but it prominently talks about anomalous heat, so it did not hid the nature of the effect, and also admitted the exact cause remains unknown and it focused in how to improve the triggering of it. I think this move may have been key to get it accepted.

I don’t know if I am alone in thinking this has at least some points in common with the SAFIRE reactor, specially with Regards to the electrodes, composition and permeability to H.

My apologies...I think I was looking at a different member of the same family.

• This is a patent - not a patent application.

Interestingly the granted family member has simplified claims without the AC modulated DC signal requirements:

Abstract

An exothermic reaction of hydrogen/deuterium loaded into a metal or alloy is triggered by controlling the frequency of a hydrogen/deuterium plasma in a reaction chamber. The plasma frequency is controlled by adjusting its electron density, which in turn is controlled by adjusting the pressure within the reaction chamber. An exothermic reaction is generated at certain discrete plasma frequencies, which correspond to the optical phonon modes of D-D, H-D, and H—H bonds within the metal lattice. For example, in palladium metal, the frequencies are 8.5 THz, 15 THz, and 20 THz, respectively.

The THz frequencies are predetermined numbers determined by e.g. the metals applied (lattice constant when deuterated).

• Official Post

Interestingly the granted family member has simplified claims without the AC modulated DC signal requirements:

The THz frequencies are predetermined numbers determined by e.g. the metals applied (lattice constant when deuterated).

The granted patent dropped a lot in the claims, but not in the description, don't know if these claims would be enough to replicate to someone skilled in the art, tho.

• A general observation, activity became very slow on LF.. very poor..

When i said to LF staff earlier to stop all oriented ( because only in one way) bullshit ( as around Rossi's case for example) now you harvest your passivity even @ShaneD disappeared !

Normally as farrr in the past great bloggers should comment deeply the last IH patent for example, but nothing happen only following new gods in which we must trust ( donuts reference).

• Official Post

When i said to LF staff earlier to stop all oriented ( because only in one way) bullshit ( as around Rossi's case for example) now you harvest your passivity even @ShaneD disappeared !

I am still around. The forum has become mush more technical, with many new members posting. That was what we wanted all along, so I have been using the opportunity to get my house fixed up, and work on personal matters.

Before, I devoted most of my day to participating, and working behind the scenes. Now I keep abreast, and post occasionally. That is only temporary. Once my "chores" are done, I will get more involved again.

The Rossi thread is much quieter nowadays so I do not see it as a distraction anymore. And this thread is more about the LENR research side of IH, than Darden, or Dewey Weaver.

• Colleagues,

I must provide my impression of IH:

IH and the people I have met are of the highest integrity. I have done business deals for nearly 50 years and I've never been associated with a finer collection of human beings.

I get to research quietly and receive modest but adequate funding. I funded my own LENR research from 1992 to 2015, when I joined IH as a consulting researcher. Their moral and financial support has allowed me to contribute more to the field of LENR than I could have done on my own. My lab would not have its current capabilities without IH.

With IH support, I have made progress but more work is needed to solve the ultimate puzzle.

I will be happy to respond to any questions you might have about my work that is already publicly known. I have a few new triggering and materials methods that I can't reveal until they have been tested and confirmed.

Yes, there are patent concerns because our system of capital investment requires we have profit as well as philanthropic motives. IH's leaders are environmentally philanthropic by choice and profit-centered by necessity. A free-market system works best for these efforts - if there is a better working model, please tell me where.

Best to all,

Dennis Letts

IH Research Consultant

Austin, Texas

• Official Post

Thank you Dennis Letts . IH does take some hits here, but personally I respect Darden/IH for stepping into the LENR arena to try and make a difference. You/they have every right to make a $ if you can somehow monetize your lab efforts. Without corporate backing, IMO LENR would be DIW. Another unsung hero is Carl Page, and now Google. We need backers like you.

I tried last year to get Dewey back here, and hopefully your posting today will pave the path for him to do so. Your post already answered a non-science question I had: "is IH still in the game?", and it looks like you are. That is very good to hear.

• Official Post

I second the thanks to Dennis Letts , it’s an honor for us to have a direct experimentalist and inventor to Join the discussion of his own intellectual development.

I wonder if you can share with us ballpark figures of the COP that you have personally been able to obtain and if you can tell us how far do you think this is from a commercial application. Also ask if you have any plans about any scholarly article about the basic science as you understand it.

I look forward to an amenable interaction with our community.

• I too want to thank you for the update, it is appreciated. I am sure the work you and others are conducting with IH is top notch. No claims from your group of "end of the fossil fuel age within months" made and then disappear from sight like some others have done! It is sad they get support from some here while IH gets consistent shade thrown at them, all simply because of a political / socio-economic difference in world view. No real first hand facts in throwing the shade, but what do facts matter now a days anyway? X/ To some "capital venture firms" are evil by very definition, it does not matter what the real track record is! Sad indeed.

I hope that you can continue to post progress and insights along the way. It will likely be legitimate researchers such as yourself that finally break the LENR code if it is to be broken. Best wishes and we look forward to hearing about your work! :thumbup:

P.S.... is it possible to list the group that is working with you / IH? At one time I thought Bob Higgins was and a couple of others. If not public, I understand. Thanks.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.