Industrial Heat Peter Hagelstein, Dennis Letts LENR Patents 2020 Vision and Hindsight

• For further reflection are the words of Louis Pasteur, in his last speech, given upon being awarded the Diamond Cross of Saint Anne from the Czar of Russia. Louis Pasteur addresses his words to the students in the crowd, his voice ringing with conviction…

“You young men, doctors and scientists of the future, do not let your selves be tainted by a barren skepticism, nor discouraged by the sadness of certain hours that creep over nations. Do not become angry at your opponents, for no scientific theory has ever been accepted without opposition. Live in the serene peace of libraries and laboratories. Say to yourselves first:

‘What have I done for my instruction?’ and as you gradually advance:

‘What am I accomplishing?’ until the time comes when you may have the immense happiness of thinking that you have contributed in some way to the welfare and progress of mankind.” (Vallery-Radot 1901, vol. 2, pp. 297–298)

It is argued that both LENR and Hydrino Capture are not cold fusion, yet for many reasons the term cold fusion exists in popular vernacular encompassing nuclear reactions that happen in environments less hot than the sun. For many people the term has sentimental value as well… that’s the logic of it.

Often what accompanies discovery and truthfulness in science is confusion, anger, and persecution; as is seen in the history of cold fusion research. Yet good science has gotten us this far; cold fusion research has overcome adversity through strict adherence to scientific method and consistent first-rate scientific review.

Thanks to the fact that scientists are basically tenacious creatures, we now have solid cold fusion science and engineering behind the LENR devices entering the marketplace.

Cold Fusion – LENR Engineering

NASA states that the science and engineering encompassing cold fusion LENR is “not a narrow band set of physical phenomena” and that “devices are being engineered in real time”. (link)

With 3-D printing and nano engineering being utilized to create the lattice; we will see many unique devices entering the marketplace, both thermal and electrical (hardy, robust, and scalable), for every imaginable application.

One might posit that two categories of ‘cold fusion’ devices will gain hold in their respective markets:

LENR/Thermal – heat without a carbon footprint

LENR/Electric – electricity without a generator

Co-generation (where both heat and electricity is needed) will likely utilize LENR thermal devices along with electrical generators. Waste heat will be utilized for environmental needs.

Source

https://coldfusionnow.org/category/transportation/page/2/

JULY 31, 2012 BY GREGORY GOBLE

Cold Fusion NASA LENR part three Spacebound and Earthbound Transportation

Dr T (Jim Truchard, co-founder of NI) spent a long time at Dennis's booth and asked him if he could make a LENR charger for his Tesla. Dennis said maybe next year!

I suppose Jim is well aware of the recent market entry claims of Global Energy Corporation.

"A CMNS LENR/Electric trickle charger good for any EV."

I'm glad you mentioned it.

I believe their claims...

• “You young men, doctors and scientists of the future, do not let your selves be tainted by a barren skepticism, nor discouraged by the sadness of certain hours that creep over nations. Do not become angry at your opponents, for no scientific theory has ever been accepted without opposition. Live in the serene peace of libraries and laboratories. Say to yourselves first:

‘What am I accomplishing?’ until the time comes when you may have the immense happiness of thinking that you have contributed in some way to the welfare and progress of mankind.” (Vallery-Radot 1901, vol. 2, pp. 297–298)

Gregory,

Thanks for this inspiring quote - it reflects my own thinking but said with much more elegance and grace.

This quote should be present at every exchange on social media and in the halls of congress of all nations. Opponents to an idea are not enemies but

collaborators who will force you to bring out the best in your thinking, or help you identify the error. Dennis

• Can you say what the reproducibility is?

Shane and Colleagues,

I see <5W "often"

7-8 W less often

10W twice in 5 years

This is the best I can do without formally counting experiments and doing an XP tally.

One should bear in mind that most of the time the XP is produced by < 1g of plated catalyst, as reported at ICCF21.

Again, I remind all forum members that I only report that which has been publicly disclosed so as to avoid breaking my word and agreement with IH.

Dennis

• I think Shane was thinking about 'repeatability/reliability' - can you get it to work 'at some level' every time.

Alan,

Yes, I usually get excess power at some level when running on deuterium gas. Qualitatively, I would say 90% of the time I get excess power running on deuterium gas. The magnitude of the excess power is heavily weighted toward the low end, I estimate <5W. Materials and temperature are likely important factors, as many of us already know. Dennis

• Up-to-date NOT openly available patent applications Hagelstein Metzler:

US provisional application Serial No.62/679,974 filed June 3th, 2018 and entitled "Methods and systems for phonon-nuclear coupling based effects",

US provisional application Serial No.62/680,579 filed June 4th, 2018 and entitled "Methods and systems for affecting nuclear reaction rates in condensed matter media",

US provisional application Serial No.62/681,088 filed June 5th, 2018 and entitled "System, method and apparatus for generating energetic particles",

US provisional application Serial No.62/806,071 filed Feb 15th, 2019 and entitled "System and Method for Causing Phonon Nuclear Interactions with Macroscopic Effects",

US provisional application Serial No.62/822,790 filed Mar 23rd, 2019 and entitled "System and Method for Nuclear Excitation Transfer",

US provisional application Serial No.62/822,970 filed Mar 24th, 2019 and entitled "System and Method for Measuring Vibrations in Condensed Matter".

• METZLER-HAGELSTEIN

EP3803902 - SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR PHONON-MEDIATED EXCITATION AND DE-EXCITATION OF NUCLEAR STATES AMENDED CLAIMS WITH ANNOTATIONS 17.06.2021

Ahlfors and Colleagues,

I restarted my system while waiting for a vacuum pump repair. Able to run experiments using the deuterium sealed in the reactor. So, I've been away from your interesting forum. I'm vaguely familiar with this work but not enough to comment meaningfully. Florian was a phd student working with Peter. I last saw them at ICCF18. I strongly believe that Peter has been and is on the right pathway concerning phonons and vacancies in the host metal. This is based on public information dating from the early nineties. Dennis

• According to what Alan Smith said i strongly encourage deep thinkers and deep workers to not hesitate to spend more time here.

Event as ICCF and others remains punctual and all papers can not be read by all, Lenrforum imposed itself as the main Lenr media, so we have to help the team by more savory food.. i expect.

• LENR Needs a Marie Currie.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/ar…ndal-and-duel-it-inspired

• Marie Curie. And I like the citation of Louis Pasteur, quoted by Gregory Byron Goble : “You young men, doctors and scientists of the future, do not let your selves be tainted by a barren skepticism, nor discouraged by the sadness of certain hours that creep over nations. Do not become angry at your opponents, for no scientific theory has ever been accepted without opposition. Live in the serene peace of libraries and laboratories. Say to yourselves first:

‘What am I accomplishing?’ until the time comes when you may have the immense happiness of thinking that you have contributed in some way to the welfare and progress of mankind.”

• Specifications

Disclosed is a method, system and apparatus for generating energetic particles such as (highly) energetic

protons, neutrons, and alpha particles.

An ion guns bombards a target of condensed matter medium (such as Pd, Ni, Li etc) inside a vacuum

chamber with protons or deuterons or both. The bombardments leads to deposition in vacancies on the

target. Where D+D -> He-4 (24 MeV) or H+D -> He-3 (+ 5.5 MeV) reactions take place.

In the presence of phonons - e.g. generated by the beam hitting the target, or otherwise - the resulting

energy quanta (depending on the reaction above) get transferred to other nuclei via incoherent

excitation transfer. This process only requires the exchange of several phonons.

For such incoherent excitation transfer there is a large number of possible states since energy along a

continuous range can be carried away kinetically through the resulting products. Therefore, products

will be along the lines below plus kinetic energy.

The transfer of such large amounts of energy (as described above resulting from the hydrogen isotope

reactions) leads to the disintegration of the receiving nuclei. Which kind of disintegration takes place

depends on the nuclei embedded (chosen) in the environment such as the target material. For instance,

in case of a Li-6 receiving nucleus, the nucleus will disintegrate into He-5 + P (proton) with 0.86 MeV

energy. The He-5 then further disintegrates into He-4 + n. The latter reaction may be undesired because

of the hazardousness of neutrons. Alternative materials may be chosen such that no neutrons result.

This is particularly facilitated if one does not opt for energetic protons but for energetic alpha particles,

which are also useful. The D+D reaction which results in 24 MeV particularly allows for a large amount of

different materials choices here since most materials will disintegrate in ways that can be evaluated for

their desirability based on their reaction products.

Suitable materials for the target can be selected from the materials table in our provisional of June 3.

The energetic charged particles resulting from the above described reactions can be used for several

purposes: such as for production of heat, for electric conversion, for boosting further nuclear reactions

such as fusion reactions.

This process exhibits a very high energy gain when comparing input and output.

Degrees of freedom for engineers concern how to make this process safe and least hazardous. If the

latter is desired, this encompasses the avoidance of neutrons by choosing materials that lead to alpha

particles as nuclear reaction products.

As for nuclear reactions from disintegration of a target nucleus, one can use high Z materials that eject

an alpha exothermically.

The key novel mechanism at the core of this is phonon-mediated excitation transfer as described in our

patent application of June 4. In this case, excitation transfer of the mass defect energies of 24 MeV or

5.5 MeV to other nuclei leads to useful energetic reaction products.

This process saves one the trouble of carefully engineering condensed matter environments for

facilitating and optimizing down-conversion in coherent fusion and fission reactions.

• This Woman Scientists disappears.

Starts at 1:18

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• From

gbgoblenote If one wants to understand the early science, or Lattice Confinement Fusion (see NASA GRC), there is no better place to start than the talk given by Julian Schwinger at MIT, included on page 19 of Eugene's review. Also note: With 2020 hindsight it's easy to disagree with Eugene on his final point made in this Intro (rather that) perhaps Schwinger’s 1991 message at MIT WAS absorbed by quite a few MIT physicists (Hagelstein?) and many other researchers elsewhere, many in government funded cold fusion research. - end gbgoblenote

Julian Schwinger

very low energy cold fusion one deals essentially with a single state, or wave function, all parts of which are coherent. It is not possible to totally isolate the effect of the electric forces from that of the nuclear forces:

To speak of transferring energy to the lattice is to invoke lattice excitations, or phonons.

At about the time of the Salt Lake City meeting, or shortly after, I became dissatisfied with my treatment, and began to reconstruct phonon theory. A note entitled Phonon Representations” was submitted to the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in June of 1990. The abstract reads:

“The gap between the nonlocalized lattice phonon description and the localized Einstein oscillator treatment is filled by transforming the phonon Hamiltonian back to particle variables. The particle-coordinate, normalized wave function for the phonon vacuum state is exhibited.”

A month later, I submitted a second note with the title “Phonon Dynamics”. The abstract reads:

“An atomic lattice in its ground state is excited by the rapid displacement and release of an atomic constituent. The time dependence of the energy transfer to other constituents is studied ... .”

The third and last note is called “Phonon Green’s Function”. Its abstract is:

“The concepts of source and quantum action principle are used to produce the phonon Green’s function appropriate for an initial phonon vacuum state. An application to the Mössbauer effect is presented.”

I remind you that the Mössbauer effect refers to “an excited nucleus of an atom, imbedded in a lattice, (that) decays with the emission of a γ-ray,” thereby transferring momentum to the lattice.” There is a certain probability ... that the phonon spectrum of the lattice will remain unexcited, as evidenced by the absence, in the γ-ray energy, of the red-shift associated with recoil energy.”

Eugene Mollove

Then in mid-April 1989, Professor Peter L. Hagelstein, a laser and quantum physics
    expert in the MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, went public with a theory of how cold fusion might be explained in terms of “coherent nuclear reactions.”

• Cold Fusion Day at MIT 1995 Keith Johnson

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Superconductivity phonons etc.

• Then in mid-April 1989, Professor Peter L. Hagelstein,

Hagelstein... still going in 2021..

Flashback to 2017,Asti

I liked Slide 3..cute angels

External Content www.youtube.com

and now there is Metzler..

External Content www.youtube.com

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.