Storms talk at COFE transcribed

• Official Post

Thanks rubycarat, Alan Smith posted it yesterday in the ANV4 conference thread and I devoured it in one sitting.,

But it deserves its own thread.

I really enjoyed reading and re reading it and I also found That it has room to be followed up to accommodate,

In the same framework, the rest of the phenomena where no Metal lattice exists, I was truly impressed.

Including the biological observations was also a touch of genius.

• Official Post

Have there been any results? I did not know !

Who is able to do KW, without asking for reliability or reproducibility ?

30 years !?

This is only the bankruptcy of the oldguard !

arise, you are questioning for what in your opinion is a lack of results a field that,

yes, has spent 30 years doing research, but with funding that is much less than peanuts When compared with the Hot Fusion research.

Hot Fusion is predicted and expected by current mainstream theories, therefore has all the support from the authorities and orthodox science, and has siphoned tens of billions that have been spent and will continue to be on its research, and has failed to produce excess heat.

Most of the LENR research is done with out of pocket resources, or after a big struggle to obtain some formal academic funds.

You really need to see how mal nourished is this field to appreciate how impressive are it’s results compared to the resources used to get them. LENR has obtained large and well measured excess heat. And the reproducibility of it has also been achieved after long struggle. This is much more than what Hot Fusion Can claim.

• "... He ordered a large batch of the catalyst. Much to his dismay, the material was dead. The reason was soon discovered. During a clean up, the company had thrown away the barrel of charcoal being used to make his material. This was special charcoal made from coconuts grown on an island in the Pacific. Apparently, the many extra elements in this material were important."

Forced clean up from DOE/DOD? The company obviously knew catalyst use.

"Eventual success by these efforts could result in a national security threat to the US."

Perhaps Huizenga alone wasn't enough.

• "... He ordered a large batch of the catalyst. Much to his dismay, the material was dead. The reason was soon discovered. During a clean up, the company had thrown away the barrel of charcoal being used to make his material. This was special charcoal made from coconuts grown on an island in the Pacific. Apparently, the many extra elements in this material were important."

Forced clean up from DOE/DOD? The company obviously knew catalyst use.

If I understand this convoluted conspiracy theory of yours . . . Someone at DoE or the DOD understood that the charcoal was essential to making the cold fusion effect work. So, to prevent the development of cold fusion, they ordered the company to dispose of the charcoal. That alone magically cut off working supplies of palladium, even though most good palladium came from the UK and Japan. I guess the barrel somehow controlled events in these other countries via spooky action at a distance.

This mystery person at the DoE knew more about cold fusion the Storms, Fleischmann (or me for that matter) and knew exactly which barrel in which location needed to go.

That's astounding! Unbelievable. Seriously, anyone who believe that will believe any damn nonsense.

• Too much negative "coincidences" in CF history.

I deduce from Storm talk only, no tendency whatsoever to build cospiracy theories. Do you read the transcript?

[coincidence: an occasion when two or more similar things happen at the same time, especially in a way that is unlikely and surprising; to deduce: to reach an answer or a decision by thinking carefully about facts]

• Too much negative "coincidences" in CF history.

No, there are not. Not as far as I know. The opposition has never been a coincidence, or a conspiracy, or unexplained. Efforts to block research have been undertaken by people who said they meant to block the research.

I deduce from Storm talk only, no tendency whatsoever to build cospiracy theories. Do you read the transcript?

I meant you, not Storms. You apparently think someone from the DoE knew that the carbon in that barrel played a role cold fusion experiments by Les Case, and reached out to get rid of this barrel. That is absurd. No one knew about that work at that time other than Case himself; very few people know about it now; and no one else uses his methods or materials. They play no role in cold fusion. Perhaps they should, but they do not.

Do you read the transcript?

I am quite familiar with all of studies in it. There are no conspiracies or hidden parts to them.

• Everything Storms described was done in the open. Members of the Bush administration attacked the research and the researchers in public, saying, for example, "just by looking at Fleischmann and Pons you could see they were stupid." It was not a conspiracy, which is defined as organized and surreptitious. It was unorganized and out in the open. It was well documented by the people who did it, such as Huizenga. They did not hide their actions; they bragged about them.

• The services follow everybody of interest. You should now it.

No one knew about Case at that time. He had not published anything. The "services" do not have ESP. Furthermore, most intelligence services know nothing about cold fusion. Or Japan for that matter. People from the CIA and elsewhere have written about these subjects, and some have contacted me. I know more about these things than those people do. Their sources are no better than Wikipedia, Nature or Scientific American, which is to say their sources are garbage.

I have a rather low opinion of U.S. intelligence because I knew many people who were part of it during WWII and the Cold War. They told me about the many mistakes and ignorance. I also heard from people on both sides of the intelligence war with Japan such as Donald Keene, and people who took part in the Occupation (on both sides). They were the professors I had the 1970s. It would be easy for me to say in retrospect they were wrong, but that is not what I am saying. They themselves admitted it. They wrote books about it. In 1939, experts at the State Department told my uncle Danny to go ahead and make business deals in Japan because the Japanese would never attack the U.S. I have no reason to think that today's intelligence agencies are any better.

Needless to say, Japanese intelligence about U.S. was even worse than ours!

• Members of the Bush administration attacked the research and the researchers in public,

To say there was some sort of secret plot or conspiracy in the Bush administration would be like saying the Trump administration is secretly opposed to wind turbines and in favor of coal. That's not a secret. They have repeatedly tried to set energy policy in favor of coal. Trump brags about this to the coal miners and to his followers. If anything, they have exaggerated the extent of their accomplishments in support of coal. They don't tell their supporters that coal is collapsing despite their best efforts to prop it up.

Ed thinks the Bush administration opposed cold fusion because Bush was an oil man. I wouldn't know about that. I have not seen any internal memos or memoirs. It is plausible. It wouldn't surprise me. But I sense that Bush opposed cold fusion because the scientific establishment did, especially the plasma fusion establishment. Bush did not want to pick a fight with the scientific establishment. Trump loves to pick fights with them, but Bush was a WWII era person who had a high opinion of science, like most people of his generation.

Here is a representative sample of opinions opposed to cold fusion. You can see that the entire establishment was in on it, not just the White House.

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MalloveEclassicnas.pdf

William Happer, one of the Bush admin. scientists who led the attack on cold fusion, is still fighting against science. Still at war with the facts! You can look him up in the Google customer search box at LENR-CANR.org. He was in the news again today. See:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0…trump-climate-change.html

"William Happer, a former senior White House adviser and a Princeton physicist who had gained notoriety in the scientific community for statements that carbon dioxide was beneficial to humanity, began an effort last year to ensure that the next National Climate Assessment did not include worst-case scenarios. Although Mr. Happer left the White House last year, that effort is continuing, according to three people familiar with the matter."

Ah ha! I was reminded of Happer because he was the very guy who said you can tell by looking that F&P were stupid. Here is the quote, from Krivit, first published by Mallove as I recall:

Myth. . . Fleischmann and Pons were incompetent. "Just by looking at these guys on television, it was obvious that they were incompetent fools,” (William Happer, Princeton Plasma Physics

Laboratory, former head of the U.S. Dept. of Energy Office of Energy Research)

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KrivitShowcancold.pdf

He was a hot fusion guy, which I expect explains why he was so opposed to cold fusion. I do not know if Bush being an oil guy explains his opposition. It might well, of course. But I do not have proof of that. I am 100% sure the plasma fusion people opposed cold fusion because it threatened their funding. And because they were sure it is impossible. They said so.

• Official Post

People from the CIA and elsewhere have written about these subjects, and some have contacted me. I know more about these things than those people do. Their sources are no better than Wikipedia, Nature or Scientific American, which is to say their sources are garbage.

A retired British spook once said to me 'the reason American foreign policy is so under-informed and unsubtle in its response to problems is that CIA operatives won't risk getting food poisoning.-

• Jed most of les case early work was done in finland, working on his formula. I'm pretty sure that would be of interest to the U.S. government

I do not know where his work was done, but I do know the chronology. I spoke with Case and edited his papers. Government agents are not clairvoyant. They do not have ESP. They cannot remove barrels to prevent experiments they know nothing about, that have not been reported.

Frankly, the whole notion that they would bother is ridiculous. Les Case was his own worst enemy. No one did more to sabotage his work than he did himself. The government did have to life a finger, assuming it cared.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.