Graphene Hematene water battery and water hydrolysis

• Official Post

Following a link by ECW often commenter Peter Lang to his YouTube channel, I came across this interesting way to capture ambient energy through natural water molecules movement (Brownian motion) using one electrode of graphene and the other of hematene (which is often called the “iron graphene”).

Peter has build some very simple looking prototypes doing the graphene and hematene materials himself, and that can put out some decent voltage by being submerged in a very shallow amount of water in a tray.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One of his videos shows it turning on LEDs with an array of a few wires in a dish of water.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He claims the battery will keep generating voltage as long as the water is in liquid state.

He also has a series of videos of a preparation of these wires that spontaneously electrolyze water and begins bubbling the gas.

I think these devices, regardless of the efficiency, have a good chance of becoming sort of “light independent” competitors to solar panels, if we take in account the Apparent good performance of these basic Prototypes, this is a very interesting way to capture ambient heat for practical purposes.

• Official Post

Very interesting indeed. Though the hydrogen production one begs the question 'where does the O2 go?' I suspect that if no oxygen is being evolved along with the hydrogen this particular variant is acting as a voltaic pile of some kind, and something somewhere is being oxidised. But I am happy to be wrong.

Peter does not explain much, he claims he puts these graphene covered bars with a twisted copper wire (wire that is covered with hematene somehow) and this once submerged in water creates a voltage. The voltage seems to be enough to cause water electrolysis and and perhaps the bubbles are simply the so called oxihydrogen. I really don’t know, In the comments section he thanks somebody for reminding him to use his sonication for the process, I asked him if he knew about Ohmasa’s device, and he didn’t.

I just am mesmerized by the apparent simplicity, albeit making the graphene and the hematene is not simple at all. One can purchase graphene sheets, at a reasonable price, but I could not find hematene as such.

• Official Post

Well, that oxygen is eating something down there underwater. Copper would be the most likely candidate based on his description, copper/carbon would give around 0.9V per cell, so a hypothesis based on that is that this is a 'naked battery' dropped under water. Interesting.

Indeed it is, but the electricity allegedly comes from the interaction of Graphene and Hematene from the kinetic energy of the water molecules. One can get voltage just by putting one of each materials as electrodes, but he drops it in the water to "short it" to produce hydrogen.

• Official Post

I would like to see some effort to prove the central hypothesis that the power comes from kinetic energy (basically heat energy) of the water by checking the electrical output against temperature. Problem is that oxidation chemistry - or whatever is going on in the 'hydrogen' video would show a rate-change too, but one of his other systems might be more suitable for such a test.

• Official Post

I would like to see some effort to prove the central hypothesis that the power comes from kinetic energy (basically heat energy) of the water by checking the electrical output against temperature. Problem is that oxidation chemistry - or whatever is going on in the 'hydrogen' video would show a rate-change too, but one of his other systems might be more suitable for such a test.

I think he is basing this assertion in the announcements about hematene. I have asked some questions, he has responded to some of my comments and not to others,

But by reading past comments of

Others, he generally just answers that one has to do it for oneself to see it.

• Official Post

I think he is basing this assertion in the announcements about hematene. I have asked some questions, he has responded to some of my comments and not to others,

But by reading past comments of

Others, he generally just answers that one has to do it for oneself to see it.

To complete my appraisal of the videos and the proposer of the idea, he seems to be a bit of a Maverick, he says all information is available online and one can either purchase the materials or make them with freely available info. He also seems to hold a bit of grudge because he claims someone in India used his idea and published without mentioning him.

The alternative technology community has no shortage of conflictive characters, it seems.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.