Strong evidence for a new kind of radiation.

• Official Post

Bob Greenyer posted a video where he analyzes a paper from Russian authors that performed an experiment to confirm and detect the so called “strange radiation”.

The paper (translated from Russian by Bob himself) is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/…mqpW8ak0obQDPO-NPZlT/view

The interesting video is here:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The implications of this are widely open to speculation, but it is indeed interesting to find that there might be a basis to some old ideas held by mainstream as “myths”.

• Official Post

The work of Uruskoiev was replicated at Nantes (France) by a team of Institut Louis de Broglie.monopoles urutskoiev.BMP

Fascinating fabrice DAVID , you imply that the replication was succesfull?

Some people tend to brush off this kind of research as "nonsense" but I think it's a come back of classic pure observation and inference from observation.

• Our Russian friends inherited from soviet times a different way of doing science: Even among academics, there are no "taboo" subjects. The fatal notion of "Vodoo Science" is unknown in Russia and researchers are free to choose new research topics that would seem strange or incongruous in the West. Examples include the first industrial wind turbine of more than 100 kW in Balaklava, (1933) the first experiments with dolphins, the delivery of babies under water, nuclear powered aircraft, fast neutron space nuclear reactors cooled by bismuth, Lorin engine jet planes and cruise missiles during World War II, the divergence of the first nuclear reactor in 1941, ionic space thrusters in the 1960s, space propulsion without propellant, etc ... Let's forget not the first Tokomaks: Alexander Sakkharov first thought these thermonuclear reactors as space engines. (By opening the base of the torus directly into space, at the stern of the spacecraft, so as to allow the escape of heavy ions and fast ions in space, and thus allow at the same time the self-purification of the plasma and the cooling of the polished tungsten plates of the inner wall simply by radiation in vacuum.) Also worth mentioning are the remarkable work of the Georgian and Russian teams in the field of phagotherapy, (the fight against bacterial infections with the help of bacteriophage viruses) alternative cancer therapies and also the daring hypotheses of geologists Anatoly Shestopalov and Gennadiy Tarasenko. The Russians have also applied successfully the fusion of deuterium and lithium to the extinction of oil wells erupting. It will be remembered that the great Félix d'Hérelle began his career by studying low-energy biological transmutations, then he discovered the bacteriophages, before developing his discovery in the USSR alongside George Elavia, because of the lack of academic support in the West. Unfortunately, during World War II, Beria had George Elavia arrested and deported, and D'Hérelle was forced to flee to France, where the Wermacht intelligence service arrested him and put him in prison. Félix d'Hérelle died shortly after the war. I had invented some improvements to the work of d’Hérelle, which could be useful in these time of pandemy. I am forgetting the names of many Russian researchers who deserve to be quoted, such as Pr. Philip Kanarev, who did research about the improving the electrolysis of water at Krasnodar University. (Attached picture: Philip Kanarev, Nikolaï Samsonenko and our late friend Youri Bazhutov during the opening of RCCNT-BL 18 at Krinitsa, 2011.) Many of these scientists are working with extremely modest financial means, they are often forced to make their own experimental equipment, but in return, they can work in an atmosphere of remarkable academic freedom.

There will be another meeting which will talk about "cold nuclear transmutations" (cold fusion) in Moscow, next November:

http://www.trinitas.ru/rus/doc/0001/005d/00012481.htm

It sounds quite… - how shall I say? -, unconventional…. but it must be interesting.

Too bad I don't have the opportunity to go. I would like to see Red Square in the snow. I have always been to Russia during summer.

"The Red Square Was Empty, Nathalie, My Guide ..." (famous french balad of the 60's)

• Official Post

Ah, fabrice DAVID , the science done with the spirit and budget of the early XXth century but with the information technology and calculation powers of the XXIst. Exciting topics!

The whole chapter of how the world is completely ignoring the use of bacteriophages as a means of ending bacterial diseases is a shame for mankind. Truly a testimony of our flawed process of decision making and priorization of profit (and no, I am not a communist).

I am glad you appreciate the Russian advancement. They are certainly worthy of admiration I wish their community would have the means to engage more openly in the internationa community.

• There seems to be much greater freedom to research new ideas in post-communist states (Russia and China) than in Western 'democratic states' which control all academic research with a top-down method of control only funding those projects which are 'approved of' by the vested interests of the establishment. The same control is present in all our industries, especially in the music industry where artists are 'told' to make music that 'they' think would be popular - ie the concept of 'pop' music. I digress, but we will only be free to research what we like when the 'old guard' in the establishment either die off or become more enlightened.:)

• Official Post

I have become Aware, through Bob Greenyer, that Alexander Parkhomov has just presented results of measurements that point out to the (outrageous?) possibility that “good ole” incandescent lightbulbs with a Tungsten filament might have been churning out excess heat all the time right “above our noses” in the range of 10 to 30%.

That’s why I ask the question:

If a tungsten filament lightbulb was producing excess heat? Would anyone ever have noticed?

I think that no one ever looks for things that “are supposed to not exist”, and that’s precisely why we might have never ever found about this before.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/…d4d7081856c3299b2e1cb.png

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/…717869144a5b4ec3bcead.png

• I have become Aware, through Bob Greenyer, that Alexander Parkhomov has just presented results of measurements that point out to the (outrageous?) possibility that “good ole” incandescent lightbulbs with a Tungsten filament might have been churning out excess heat all the time right “above our noses” in the range of 10 to 30%.

Hilarious if true. But I doubt it. People subjected those bulbs to extensive thermal testing. Because they were dangerous. They ignited fires. They burned people. There were standards for light fixtures and lamps, to ensure heat did not built up too much. I suppose they measured the heat to be sure it was the expected amount. The U.S. Bureau of Standards (now NIST) did this sort of thing obsessively for 150 years. (Note: my father worked there, and I visited the labs as a kid. They had a gigantic room where they burned down houses. What could impress a child more than that?!?)

https://www.nist.gov/featured-stories/built-house-inferno

Recessed fixtures in the ceiling have large holes on top which are no longer needed with LED lights. Although they still have them as far as I know. Standards to avoid fire include things like:

"Standard recessed housings must be left uninsulated above and should have 3-inches of clearance to insulation."

NEC 410-8 - Incandescent fixtures with open or partially enclosed lamps and pendant fixtures or lamp holders are not permitted in clothes closets.

NEC 410.8 - Wiring Methods closet lighting fixtures Luminaires (lighting fixtures) installed in clothes closets shall have the following minimum clearances from the defined storage area: 300 mm - 12 inches for surface incandescent fixtures, 150 mm 6inches for recessed incandescent fixtures , 150 mm 6 inches for fluorescent fixtures.

https://inspectapedia.com/elec…t_Clearance_Distances.php

• Official Post

All fine and dandy JedRothwell , but excess heat of this kind is assumed to not exist, so no one would have been looking for it, and perhap, just perhaps, it went unnoticed because the total output of light and heat, as assumed to be at best 100%, without no one specifically thinking otherwise, might have been completely unnoticed, and just thought of a more efficiente lightbulb in the overall calculations, if anyone ever measured all outputs vs inputs, as Parkhomov apparently did now.

• In a light bulb, the surface of the tungstene wire is over 3000°C, half the temperature of the sun’s surface. I don’t know the temperature at the center of the wire, of course it is probably hotter.

According to Parkhomov, the interactions of thermal phonons have a very low probability of producing a new class of neutrinos. The weakness of this probability is compensated by the immensity of the number of atoms in a mole of matter, and by the frequency of their interactions due to their thermal agitation. His neutrinos would then produce neutrons by reverse beta reaction, which neutrons would react with matter to give off energy. I am probably summarizing his thinking roughly, but I am not a theoricist. There is always a little water in the glass of the bulb, and this water react with the metal to produce oxide and a little hydrogen.

So all the elements of the LENR recipe are in place.

Is it possible to find such a discovery in a device so well known since its invention by Ladiguin more than 150 years ago, perfected in France in the mines of Lorraines, (to make anti-deflagrant lamps) then by Edison and then by Langmuir?

Yes, I think it is possible. For example, it was late noticed that halogen lamps emit a very high flux of ultraviolet light. It causes mutations in bacteria grown on Petri dishes and exposed to these halogen lamps. We don't really know why. The temperature is too low for thermal UV emission of the Boltzman type.

Yet halogen lamps were invented in the middle of the last century!

(Regarding UV from halogen lamps, I think they are produced by what I call a "creeping discharge": part of the current passes through the argon. I had thought of using this effect to build a Z-pinch very efficient with simple halogen lamps, but I couldn't finish this project. I bet that if we aim at the level of the tungsten with a spectrograph, we will see the lines of the discharge in the argon)

This has nothing to do with LENRs, of course, I'm just citing this example to show that devices that seem best known can still show surprises.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.