DIY Deuterium fusor nuclear fusion reactors

• I came across a number of websites describing the builds of DIY Deuterium fusor nuclear fusion reactors.
    There a quite a number of amateurs descibing their builds to my suprise, so I thought it may be interesting to share here.

Some can be build for a few thousand Euros/Dollars choosing the required parts in a smart way.

Some reference that may be fun looking at:

Mentioned are quite straight forward methods using Deuterium plasma only.
    These are interesting basics of which I wonder how they would do with some catalysts forming Ultra Dense Deuterium (probably not suitable for pure DIY attempts!).

Please take note of safety measures before considering to give it a try yourselves.

• Official Post

This is well known, but they are built just for doing experiments, not for producing energy, at least no one expects them to.

Some years ago a Chilean researcher created one that uses very few watts of input and the Z pinch effect. There is a thread here:

Chile: Leonardo Soto's Fusion Reactor

I tried to contact this researcher but never got an answer. Anyway, he is a classic fusion researcher, and all what these devices do is spending energy to create conditions where fusion can be observed to happen but the energy balance is well below 1.

Leonardo Soto’s design is aimed to enable classic fusion research at a very low cost for doing experiments and producing neutrons on a budget (basically to say that the third world can also make big physics research for pennies on the dollar). He acknowledges in the video that no one has ever been capable of making hot fusion with excess heat (not including fusion bombs).

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• This recent USPTO patent may be of interest --

United States Patent 10,770,186 September 8, 2020

Cyclic nuclear fusion with single-cycle, charged cathode

Abstract

A controlled fusion process is provided that can produce a sustained series of fusion reactions: a process that (i) uses a substantially higher reactant density of the deuterium and tritium gases by converging cationic reactants into the higher reaction density at a target cathode rather than relying on random collisions, the converging producing a substantially higher rate of fusion and energy production; (ii) uses a substantially lower input of energy to initiate the fusion; (iii) can be cycled at a substantially higher cycle frequency; (iv) has a practical heat exchange method; (v) is substantially less costly to manufacture, operate, and maintain; and, (vi) has a substantially improved reaction efficiency as a result of not mixing reactants with products.

Claim ...

3. The method of claim 1, wherein deuterium is both the first reactant and the second reactant.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi…,770,186&RS=PN/10,770,186

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.