New Hydrogen / Deuterium flux through Metal Experiment by Hang Zhang

• [] Hideaki KOIKE, Toshimichi NONAKA, Kunio OKIMURA,Study on Crystalline Structural Phase Transition of VO2 Films Grown on c-Al2O3 Substrate against Temperaturehttps://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jvsj2/52/3/52_3_167/_pdf/-char/ja

This is a development of transistor to control the VO2 property of Metal-insulator phase change.

Vanadium dioxide (VO2) is a phase transition oxide whose resistance value changes by 4 to 5 orders of magnitude at a relatively low temperature of around 341 K, and is expected to be applied to various devices.

abstract

Vanadium dioxide (VO2) has attracted much interest as potential applications to electrical- and

optical-switching devices, because VO2 exhibits abrupt changes of electrical resistivity and

infrared transmission at metal-insulator transition temperature (TMI) of 68 o

C. However, for

the practical uses of VO2, it is necessary to reduce the TMI down to room temperature (RT);

on-demand control of TMI by solid-state thin-film device will open the new pathway for the

development of innovative electro-optical devices. Here we focused on the proton doping into

VO2 because the protonation of VO2 should be the most ideal to modulate their electro-optical

properties due to its intrinsic non-volatile operation. However, for the protonation of VO2,

high-temperature annealing treatment is imperative to modulate the electro-optical properties,

and it is unsuited for practical purposes due to the annealing process. In this study, we propose

an all-solid-state thin-film transistor (TFT) for on-demand control of TMI for VO2 thin films

by water-electrolysis-induced protonation/deprotonation at RT. We fabricated TFT structure

with a gate insulator of water-infiltrated nano-porous glass. The gate insulator consists of an

amorphous 12CaO·7Al2O3 thin film with nano-porous structure (CAN) and water vapor in air is

automatically absorbed into the CAN film due to the capillary effect of the interconnected nanopores; water electrolysis can be used in the solid gate insulator. We expected that CAN-gated

TFTs with combination of high electric field and protonation through water electrolysis should

provide a better approach to control TMI of VO2. For gate voltage application, water electrolysis

and protonation/deprotonation of VO2 film surface occurred, leading to reversible metalinsulator conversion of ~10-nm-thick VO2 layer. The protonation was clearly accompanied by

the structural change from monoclinic (insulator) to tetragonal (metal) phase. Present results

offer a new route to all solid-state smart windows for on-demand infrared shielding

• A follow up about the experiments by Zhang hang, in clinese, on LENR.com.cn

闀嶉挴鍚堥噾绮夊

It seems to be a progress report

In the article I notices key point:

• The calorimeter structure of qiuran laboratory is basically the same as that of Dr. stroms.
    • The alloy is prepared with nickel powder and palladium powder. After mixing the nickel powder and palladium powder, it is put into a ball mill for mechanical alloying. The dispersant uses water, the weight ratio of nickel powder to palladium powder is 200:5, and the ball milling time is 60 hours. After ball milling, the alloy powder is taken out, dried and loaded into a container. Place the container in the calorimeter.
    • below 166 ° C, the excess heat power is not obvious
    • the excess heat power of hydrogen and deuterium is basically the same
    • multiple oxidation can increase excess heat power
    • the experiment lasted for one month, 200 grams of material, and the total excess heat was about 1.2MJ(NB: unlike translation, the Chinese quote says Mega-Joule MJ ? not milli-Joule)

It it inspiring for experimenters ?

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• Thanks for calling out attention to this new article AlainCo , its great they are still on it. The Seebeck calorimetry is a plus, but the excess heat is small. I wonder if they could make a pellet of their powder as Storms showed at ICCF 23.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I don't know how the powder is made ? maybe just bought to an industrial provider ^^ ?

Calorimetry is the hardest point I think, it is really where you can sort the trained scientist and the tinkerer.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• I don't know how the powder is made ? maybe just bought to an industrial provider ^^ ?

Calorimetry is the hardest point I think, it is really where you can sort the trained scientist and the tinkerer.

They describe the preparation with a ball mill. Regardless of how the powder is prepared, if it’s of the right nanoscopic grain size, and as Storms has revealed, it can be pressed into a pellet of 95% of the solid density which is the way in which he has been able to consistently and reproducibly obtain excess heat.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Another Followup of Zhang Hang

瑗垮畨绉嬬劧璇曢獙瀹ゅ紶鑸

quite detailed

twitter @alain_co

• Calcium Oxide is a known H*/D* promoter..

perhaps Zirconium Oxide helps with activating the H/D..

...this might explain some of the oxygen effect?

Surface and catalytic properties of ZrO2
    Zirconium oxide is characterized to be the only one metal oxide which possesses explicitly four chemical properties on the surface; acidic and basic p…
    www.sciencedirect.com

"Zirconium oxide is characterized to be the only one metal oxide which possesses explicitly four chemical properties on the surface;

acidic and basic properties and oxidizing and reducing properties.

Intriguing and sometimes unique catalytic activities of zirconium oxide itself are discussed in connection with the surface properties. It is also pointed out that zirconium oxide is an interesting and useful catalyst support.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.