New Hydrogen / Deuterium flux through Metal Experiment by Hang Zhang

• Official Post

Thanks to JedRothwell for sharing this *relatively* simple experimental setup that can serve as an easy proof of concept for excess heat created by the flow of H or D through a lattice, in this case of Stainless Steel plated with a layer of 10 micrometers of palladium.

In certain ways reminds me the popular demostrative experiment of Dennis Cravens of two brass spheres in a warm bath reaching different temperatures.

Let's discuss it. I think this setup lends itself for replication for well suited labs.

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ZhangHsummaryofa.pdf

• Official Post

JedRothwell , is there a chance that you could get from Mr. Zhang some more clarity about the nickel and palladium? On a closer look I fail to visualize how the setup involves the presence of nickel palladium mesh. The inner core SS plating is easy to understand, but the reference to palladium nickel mesh is less clear to visualize.

• It appears to be a variation of the recent Mizuno experiments focused on verifying the effect of hydrogen flux, where Pd-coated Ni meshes (12) would be located both inside and outside a single-ended inner tube (6). The inner tube contains hydrogen at relatively high pressure, which slowly permeates into the outer vessel (5). The inner tube itself is also coated (plated) with Pd, although it's not clear which side (both?).

• Official Post

It appears to be a variation of the recent Mizuno experiments focused on verifying the effect of hydrogen flux, where Pd-coated Ni meshes (12) would be located both inside and outside a single-ended inner tube (6). The inner tube contains hydrogen at relatively high pressure, which slowly permeates into the outer vessel (5). The inner tube itself is also coated (plated) with Pd, although it's not clear which side (both?).

can , I get the idea behind the experiment, is diffusion trough metal due to pressure differential, the part that is not clear is the position of the “nickel palladium“ mesh, nor how it is prepared (are we to assume is the same preparation than in the so called Mizuno recipe?).

I think this is (very broadly) similar to the recently published NASA paper of diffusion through palladium. I think this “reactor” should be analyzed for morphological anomalies that could be analyzed for transmutation.

• Official Post

Some news straight from China. ;) , from Zhang Hang, Chen Si, inspired by Storms and Takahashi.

姘у寲閲戝睘姘

氧化金属氢/氘气氛围异常放热 -西安张航

Abnormal heat release by oxydated metal in hydrogen / deuterium atmosphere - Zhang Hang, Chen Si

日本的高桥教授和美国的Storms博士分别发布了文章,他们发现对金属氧化后在氘气或氢气中多余热量会增加,为此进行了实验,发现对金属氧化后在氢气 氘气氛围中多余热量明显增大,验证了高桥教授和Storms博士观察到的现象,这种方法是可以重复复制的。

Professor Takahashi of Japan and Dr. Storms of the United States respectively published articles. They found that the excess heat in deuterium or hydrogen will increase after oxidation of the metal. For this reason, they conducted experiments and found that the excess heat in the hydrogen and deuterium atmosphere after oxidation of the metal The significant increase in heat verified the phenomenon observed by Professor Takahashi and Dr. Storms. This method can be replicated repeatedly.

:)

The rest of the article in Chinese, is translated in English, paragraph per paragraph.

• Official Post

Just a naive question, is there enough informations in this latest report, and with Dr Storms and Pr Takahashi articles, to make a replication like what have been tried for Mizuno and LEC experiments ?

If some details are missing, maybe experimenters could build a question list ?

• Official Post

Just a naive question, is there enough informations in this latest report, and with Dr Storms and Pr Takahashi articles, to make a replication like what have been tried for Mizuno and LEC experiments ?

If some details are missing, maybe experimenters could build a question list ?

Ed has delayed giving full details of his surface preparation methods, he's writing a patent covering some part of it. I questioned Francesco Celani on the Tohaku methodology at the CHISS conference in Assisi last September - he didn't know exactly how they sputtered the metal ontp the Zirconia- I got the impression that he had also asked and been rebuffed.

• Are patents and not sharing knowledge, a huge problem?

Should finding a new sustainable source of energy be more important than fame and money?

Can someone please look at the VO2 nano tubes, think condition for D-D fusion (if possible in lattices) are ideal inside of them.

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1409/1409.4661.pdf

-in 5 minutes the tubes are full loaded with hydrogen (near 100% saturation but not tested with deuterium).

-Hydrogen atoms are aligned in a sine inside the tubes.

-And loaded tubes are high temp super conductive.

Superparamagnetic VO 2 Nanowires :: ChemViews Magazine :: ChemistryViews

All the things are seen in lenr reactions.

I don’t have the equipment or knowledge to do tests with them!

• Are patents and not sharing knowledge, a huge problem?

A patent is a way of sharing information. The patent must describe how to replicate to a "person having ordinary skill in the art" (PHOSITA), or the patent will be ruled invalid. So, "patents" and "not sharing knowledge" are opposites. A patent shares all relevant knowledge. Researchers not sharing knowledge is a big problem in this field, but if they would file for patents more often, the problem would be fixed.

• Ed has delayed giving full details of his surface preparation methods

there are a myriad ways to get nanomaterials

which ones are optimal for LENR

will require systematic testing and plenty of $..

and teamwork

this article is for palladium alone..

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.chemrev.5b00324

2.2 Physical Synthesis Techniques

Physical synthesis techniques involve the use of metal precursors that are not chemically changed, but rather undergo molecular rearrangements where no new substances are created, nor chemical bonds cleaved or forged. Pd and Pd-based nanomaterials synthesized by this technique include nanoscale films, nanoparticles, nanowires, and nanorods. This broad range of fabrication techniques includes sputtering,(-36-51) ion or electron beam deposition,(49, 52-57) and laser ablation.(58-66)

• through Metal Experiment is very important for transmutation reactors

is very important for transmutation because it has less heat generation so it can be thinner.

Original schemanti by Iwamura use D2 gas but D2 gas generate heat so it has less efficiency

cause of thansmutation is small D2 so need to be cooler to prevent cold fusion.

THe original schematisc is incorrect.

Fig23 is the correct schematics

Fig36 is the proposed conceptualized Cold Fusion Reactor

for transmutation with H2(smmall H2=die-neutron)

(PDF) Novel Cold Fusion Reactors based on the real Cold Fusion Mechanism
    PDF | Abstract I review my Cold fusion theory as described below, and I also propose the experiment to prove hydride bond compression theory based on... |…
    www.researchgate.net

• can , I get the idea behind the experiment, is diffusion trough metal due to pressure differential, the part that is not clear is the position of the “nickel palladium“ mesh, nor how it is prepared (are we to assume is the same preparation than in the so called Mizuno recipe?).

I think this is (very broadly) similar to the recently published NASA paper of diffusion through palladium. I think this “reactor” should be analyzed for morphological anomalies that could be analyzed for transmutation.

Diffusion through thin Pd is like CP patent.

it is to eject 4He ash at the surface T site.

(PDF) Kodama-LENR-20210412
    PDF | Abstract It is proposed that Cold fusion can occur in metal by D+ hopping to T sites with D– on the metal surface. In this mechanism, D+ hopping... |…
    www.researchgate.net

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.