New Hydrogen / Deuterium flux through Metal Experiment by Hang Zhang

• [] Hideaki KOIKE, Toshimichi NONAKA, Kunio OKIMURA,Study on Crystalline Structural Phase Transition of VO2 Films Grown on c-Al2O3 Substrate against Temperaturehttps://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jvsj2/52/3/52_3_167/_pdf/-char/ja

This is a development of transistor to control the VO2 property of Metal-insulator phase change.

Vanadium dioxide (VO2) is a phase transition oxide whose resistance value changes by 4 to 5 orders of magnitude at a relatively low temperature of around 341 K, and is expected to be applied to various devices.

abstract

Vanadium dioxide (VO2) has attracted much interest as potential applications to electrical- and

optical-switching devices, because VO2 exhibits abrupt changes of electrical resistivity and

infrared transmission at metal-insulator transition temperature (TMI) of 68 o

C. However, for

the practical uses of VO2, it is necessary to reduce the TMI down to room temperature (RT);

on-demand control of TMI by solid-state thin-film device will open the new pathway for the

development of innovative electro-optical devices. Here we focused on the proton doping into

VO2 because the protonation of VO2 should be the most ideal to modulate their electro-optical

properties due to its intrinsic non-volatile operation. However, for the protonation of VO2,

high-temperature annealing treatment is imperative to modulate the electro-optical properties,

and it is unsuited for practical purposes due to the annealing process. In this study, we propose

an all-solid-state thin-film transistor (TFT) for on-demand control of TMI for VO2 thin films

by water-electrolysis-induced protonation/deprotonation at RT. We fabricated TFT structure

with a gate insulator of water-infiltrated nano-porous glass. The gate insulator consists of an

amorphous 12CaO·7Al2O3 thin film with nano-porous structure (CAN) and water vapor in air is

automatically absorbed into the CAN film due to the capillary effect of the interconnected nanopores; water electrolysis can be used in the solid gate insulator. We expected that CAN-gated

TFTs with combination of high electric field and protonation through water electrolysis should

provide a better approach to control TMI of VO2. For gate voltage application, water electrolysis

and protonation/deprotonation of VO2 film surface occurred, leading to reversible metalinsulator conversion of ~10-nm-thick VO2 layer. The protonation was clearly accompanied by

the structural change from monoclinic (insulator) to tetragonal (metal) phase. Present results

offer a new route to all solid-state smart windows for on-demand infrared shielding

• A follow up about the experiments by Zhang hang, in clinese, on LENR.com.cn

闀嶉挴鍚堥噾绮夊

It seems to be a progress report

In the article I notices key point:

• The calorimeter structure of qiuran laboratory is basically the same as that of Dr. stroms.
    • The alloy is prepared with nickel powder and palladium powder. After mixing the nickel powder and palladium powder, it is put into a ball mill for mechanical alloying. The dispersant uses water, the weight ratio of nickel powder to palladium powder is 200:5, and the ball milling time is 60 hours. After ball milling, the alloy powder is taken out, dried and loaded into a container. Place the container in the calorimeter.
    • below 166 ° C, the excess heat power is not obvious
    • the excess heat power of hydrogen and deuterium is basically the same
    • multiple oxidation can increase excess heat power
    • the experiment lasted for one month, 200 grams of material, and the total excess heat was about 1.2MJ(NB: unlike translation, the Chinese quote says Mega-Joule MJ ? not milli-Joule)

It it inspiring for experimenters ?

• Thanks for calling out attention to this new article AlainCo , its great they are still on it. The Seebeck calorimetry is a plus, but the excess heat is small. I wonder if they could make a pellet of their powder as Storms showed at ICCF 23.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I don't know how the powder is made ? maybe just bought to an industrial provider ^^ ?

Calorimetry is the hardest point I think, it is really where you can sort the trained scientist and the tinkerer.

They describe the preparation with a ball mill. Regardless of how the powder is prepared, if it’s of the right nanoscopic grain size, and as Storms has revealed, it can be pressed into a pellet of 95% of the solid density which is the way in which he has been able to consistently and reproducibly obtain excess heat.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.