Szczecin Clean HME presentations 9/2020

• http://www.cleanhme.eu/?page_id=345

Kasagi presentation..

the last few slides are interesting

After considerable discussion on screening.... via beam bombardments

Kasagi concludes that LENR occurs by anomalous D-D reactions..

... unexplained? by screening? and describes the new low energy input expts with just heating

The preliminary photon emission.. xs heat from Cu/Ni layers but not Ni alone is interesting.

No information yet on the low Kev emission SDD results though..

Perhaps these are needed to answer his question.

"What's happening inside the Ni/Cu foil?

http://www.broadbit.net/download/J_Kasagi.mp4

• Official Post

Very very interesting approach, so he has been doing experiments based in a type of material that was already experimented on by Mitsubishi industries, and has found different behavior of the material under H2 load but mainly excess emission of photons, did he specify in which wavelengths at any point? I missed that, but excess photons is excess energy in other words.

• "What's happening inside the Ni/Cu foil?

http://www.broadbit.net/download/J_Kasagi.mp4

Just a wild guess: galvani potential between Nickel and Copper may form a strong electromagnetic field at the contact surface when there is a very thin isolating (oxide) layer in between. This potential/field is missing when only Nickel is used.

The galvani potential between Nickel and Copper is 0.58V (ambiant temp).

The galvani potential between Ni and Pd is even higher.

Maybe this is why Mizuno is having the same or bigger effects (U20 reactor). If galvani potential is playing a role, this may require a thin oxide layer between the Nickel mesh and the rubbed Palladium (!).

I wonder how the galvani potential is influenced when both Nickel and Copper layers contain absorbed Hydrogen (or even UDH).

• Official Post

Galvani Potential requires an electrolite to cause electron flow and thus a current, it might as well be that the H adsorption enables that current as the H2 acts as en electrolite of sorts, or perhaps even a "third metal" if it gets to the UD state. Anyway, the current flow would also create a magnetic field. That still doesn't tell where the extra photons come, but the magnetic field and the electron flow are already known to be LENR triggers, so perhaps your thought of the Galvani Potential is in right track Rob Woudenberg .

• Galvani Potential requires an electrolite to cause electron flow and thus a current, it might as well be that the H adsorption enables that current as the H2 acts as en electrolite of sorts, or perhaps even a "third metal" if it gets to the UD state. Anyway, the current flow would also create a magnetic field. That still doesn't tell where the extra photons come, but the magnetic field and the electron flow are already known to be LENR triggers, so perhaps your thought of the Galvani Potential is in right track Rob Woudenberg .

I was more thinking in the direction of very local (hydrogen) plasma (as an alternative of electrolite) causing electron (and proton) flow.

UDH is in fact metallic Hydrogen, so may indeed also give unknown Galvanic Potential effects.

Photons may be the result of triggered (decomposing) UDH.

• Official Post

I was more thinking in the direction of very local (hydrogen) plasma (as an alternative of electrolite) causing electron (and proton) flow.

Well, where there's ionization there's plasma, even clouds are a form of plasma, and thus, where there's plasma, there are magnetic fields, and currents, so, it's kind of the same, but now I understand better your outlook.

• between Nickel and Copper may form a strong electromagnetic field

Maybe the thermoelectric effect is thermomagnetic?

since 2013 the electric potential btw dissimilar metal layers due to delta T has been thought to have a magnetic component

https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/20/12/912/pdf

A magnetic contribution to the Seebeck coefficient is identified, proportional to the logarithmic
    derivative of the magnetization with respect to temperature. A brief review of experimental data
    on magneto-thermopower in magnetic metals illustrates this magnetic effect on thermally-driven
    charge transport.

• Maybe the thermoelectric effect is thermomagnetic?

since 2013 the electric potential btw dissimilar metal layers due to delta T has been thought to have a magnetic component

https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/20/12/912/pdf

A magnetic contribution to the Seebeck coefficient is identified, proportional to the logarithmic
    derivative of the magnetization with respect to temperature. A brief review of experimental data
    on magneto-thermopower in magnetic metals illustrates this magnetic effect on thermally-driven
    charge transport.

How would this relate to the difference between their experiments with Ni only foil and Ni/Cu layered foils?

I fail to see the correlation with the paper you referred to.

Galvani Potential is quite a different effect.
    To know whether this has an effect it would be important to know how Kasagi and colleagues have produced the multilayer Ni/Cu foil.

When this is done in normal air the formation of ultra thin oxide layers is likely. Even 'clean' Nickel and Copper will oxidize within minutes.

When this is done in an isolated enviroment where Oxygen is absent Galvani Potential effect can be excluded.

• How would this relate to the difference

If there were some kind of constantan alloy at the Ni/Cu interface....you might get a Seebeck effect but

it would not generate much eV.

how Kasagi and colleagues have produced the multilayer Ni/Cu foil.

Argon ion beam sputtering.... probably O2 is excluded.

I think any oxide layer was removed with nitric acid, before this

Pg 89 JCF 2019 proceedings...

http://jcfrs.org/file/jcf20-proceedings.pdf

There is more detailed info. there than at Szczecin.

The release of 16000Ev/H is of course without conventional explanation..

• robert bryant Thanks for those details. Very thorough work by them, so I agree that oxides should probably be excluded.

They seemed to have used a dual (or multi) target sputtering unit indeed.

Interesting detail is that they have an even better multilayer option that does contain CaO.

The CaO layer is however used to separate layers of same metals:

With those details we can safely exit the idea that Galvani Potential plays a role in my view.

• This is from Iwamura team your picture.

If you have a look more closely you will see that CaO stage is releasing 2X less XSH.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.