We need help with video and crowdfunding - Lenr Forum

• Official Post

Dear friends, a short brief.

We are thinking about what we can do during the time with Covid, that is also good for the field. We know that many are hungry for information.

The plan is to spread knowledge in a more entertaining way that also promotes the field.

We ask you! Are you good at video and want to help us? Cut / edit / effects etc? Please tell us how you can contribute with video!

Warm greetings,

David Nygren  Alan Smith  rubycarat

Please write in this thread or pm.

David (a) lenr-forum.com

• David Nygren

Changed the title of the thread from “Help with video - Lenr Forum” to “We need help with video - Lenr Forum”.
  • I know nothing about videos. Zip. Zero. However, I paid a professional $5,000 to make this animated video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wrote the script, under her direction. So, if you have $5,000 burning a hole in your pocket, I can introduce you to her.

I also wrote parts of the script in the video that Mallove produced, "Fire from Water."

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I have a very limited experience on video editing (just one clip I made from An already existing video) and that was years ago.

I think that anyone can do some level of editing with the appropriate software tools that are useful for that, at the cost of a good deal of time to learn to use the software and to tweak the results until they resemble what is pursued.

I have the video editing software that came bundled in my aging notebook, the same one that I used that just one time and took me a couple of hours to get the desired result, starting from scratch and never having done it before (creating a clip of a few seconds extracted from a larger video). I understand this software has many other features but I have never used them.

All that said, a person used to edit video and add effects, graphics and text can save a huge amount of time, but in the LENR community I know only two regular video posters, one is Bob Greenyer and the other is the creator of Dr. Bob videos (who hasn’t posted anything for the last three years) , I think the name of the guy was Sam Hanson, but I lost contact with him.

• Official Post

How can we benefit from crowdfunding?

To become more professional with communication, we need to organize ourselves into a stronger team, 3726 members with different skills can make a difference.

Do we have anyone who has experience form crowdfunding? Can we ask for knowledge in a crowdfunding campaign? Examples of knowledge of video production, or is it just to raise capital?

I'm thinking about whether this can help us create content with higher quality and become more long-term. To change the image of the field, we need to be snycronized and cooperative.

• David Nygren

Changed the title of the thread from “We need help with video - Lenr Forum” to “We need help with video and crowdfunding - Lenr Forum”.
  • This is slightly off topic, but one thing that's always puzzled me is why there isn't a really comprehensive map of the literature. I understand that Jed and others have written introductory materials at lenr-canr.org. But why is there no Wiki-like site that catalogues the different teams, their biographies, their work, their publications, patents etc?

There's so much scattered through the forum. I'd hate to be a serious student of the field trying to get up to speed by, in part, rolling through the archives of the forum in a completely unstructured, treasure hunt-esque manner. It could pull together a lot of different source material, including from less official sources, and from presentations, talks etc and give a holistic view of the field; from introductory material thru journeys down into the weeds.

And if it were like a Wiki, it would naturally lend itself to collaboration and incremental improvement, but would naturally need a strong moderation function and forum on the back end.

Even if it took several years to get to critical mass, it could be contributed to if, when and as people have time & space in their lives.

Just a thought re communication more broadly.

• Official Post

orsova

A Wiki is a good idea, but there are problems. The original Wikipedia cold fusion pages are pretty much useless, since they are constantly re-edited by hostile Wiki admins/editors. Abd Lomax did attempt to start a new Wiki, but that has fallen by the wayside, has been the subject of various attacks and also a reluctance of people to contribute because of Lomax's capricious nature.

A new cold fusion Wiki would need a dedicated admin at least, somebody who knows the field and who can devote serious time to creating and administering it. Plus some good assistants who are skilled at serious troll-control and quality management. If you know of anybody who could do it, then encourage them to try.

• Official Post

I thought Thomas Grimshaw at the Univ of Texas, had developed an LENR library? His "Lenrgy LLC" has collaborated with Rothwell/Ruby, and worked with Storms, Claytor, and a few other researchers in a consulting capacity.

Tom Grimshaw is AFAIK concentrating on archiving materials such as lab journals. At least he was when I last spoke to him.

ETA -he is, here's a story about it...

http://lenrexplained.com/tag/thomas-grimshaw/

• This is slightly off topic, but one thing that's always puzzled me is why there isn't a really comprehensive map of the literature. I understand that Jed and others have written introductory materials at lenr-canr.org.

Gene Mallove and I wrote an intro, which is the first chapter of my book:

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusiona.pdf

There are some other introductions to the field featured on the front page at LENR-CANR.org:

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/McKubreMCHcoldfusionb.pdf

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/NagelDJscientific.pdf

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEastudentsg.pdf

Then there is a whole page with the intro and references by Hagelstein:

https://lenr-canr.org/wordpres…_id=455#MaterialSubmitted

The problem is, there is no general agreement about what cold fusion is, or what is true about it. It is hard to draw up a comprehensive map when no one agrees what is out there in the wilderness, and in most cases no one has even explored the territory yet. It ends up looking like the map of North America I included in my book, published in 1760:

• there in the wilderness, and in most cases no one has even explored the territory yet. It ends up l

i think the French beaver trappers missed out Alaska.. la mer de fusion froide....

I think the recent results .. last five years in Japan need more publicity..

Iwamura/ Takahashi may be interested to publicise more in the world.. perhasp their

corporate links are a burden?

• Upwork is also another possibility for finding voice over artists etc.

I mentioned Unsplash in another thread, but it, and the other sites like it, are a possibility if you need royalty free images.

Royalty free music is a bit trickier.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.