Following the progress of CleanMHE Project.

• Official Post

I created this thread to allow discussion of this interesting New paper about low energy fusion of DD in solids , it used Mo and Pd. Thanks to Ahlfors for letting us have a copy of it.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/er.6356

Low‐energy nuclear fusion reactions in solids: Experiments

Dimiter Alexandrov

Summary

Replicable experimental results about low‐energy nuclear fusion reactions based on initially reacting deuterium nuclei giving cold nuclear fusion synthesis of helium (both isotopes 3He and 4He) and energy release as final products are reported in this article. These final products are results of interaction of deuterium with the solids in experimental system including two specimens: molybdenum metal and palladium nanowires. Experimental proofs about cold nuclear fusion synthesis of both 3He and 4He are provided. It reported a correlation between concentration of the generated helium and the measured temperature of the sample holder. It is found that the concentrations of both 3He and 4He increase with increase of the kinetic energies of the interacting deuterium nuclei and also with increase of the temperature of the sample holder.

Is stated that the experimental data is available upon request to the researcher, the article is not open acces, tho, and the abstract is scant on values. There’s only one image associated available to download (attached below).

Edit to add: as it has become clear that Dimiter Alexandrov is a member of the CleanMHE project, and as other developments are taking place, I have decided to rename the thread and use it as a place to discuss all incoming publications and news coming from that project, as it seems it’s going to be very productive.

Interesting that this researcher claims high reproducibility and production of Helium 3 and Helium 4.

• Official Post

Is there enough here to allow replication? It does seem like it to me but then I have no experience with this sort of equipment.

I think the description of the experiments is thorough enough for someone skilled in this kind of set ups, you can see he works at deep levels of vacuum, so it requires a rather specific kind of capabilities. I think a proper replication would undoubtedly require a more in depth contact with the author, the fact that he is willing to share the raw data is encouraging in this regard.

However, I am most interested right in how they interpret the RGA readings, tho, their logic algorithm to confirm or discard fusion due to the specific combination of molecular weights observed (or missing) is interesting, I don’t know if anyone used to read RGAs would agree readily, I have to re read that part a few times yet to see if I get myself to agree. I would really like to know what magicsound can tell us about that rationale exposed by the author.

• Official Post

The proposal of a HeH is also puzzling, I have to see if that “holds water”.

Thet's Helium Hydride. Yes, it is known, from memory it is speculated the it is a product arising from the alpha decay of TH, with the HeH molecule remaining intact despite the recoil effect of alpha emission.

ETA- https://www.worldscientific.co…10.1142/S0217751X0703635X

• Curbina

Changed the title of the thread from “New Paper claims Success replicating D-D fusion to 3He and 4He in Pd and Mo solid samples. (Alexandrov, D. December 2020).” to “Following the progress of CleanMHE Project.”.
  • When I looked at this paper more in detail, the results may be encouraging but the explanation about the mechanism lacks some more analysis in my view.

The suggestion that fusion is caused within the samples molybenum and palladium could be incomplete or even wrong.

The claimed D-D fusion could also be caused by Ultra Dense Deuterium formed at the surface of the samples.

Such UDD is probably triggered by high energy ions created by the plasma ( either Deuterium or Nitrogen ions).

I am not completely sure whether Nitrogen is part of the plasma though, the paper is not very clear on this.

Looking to the references of this paper Alexandrov seems to be completely unaware of the works of Holmlid.

To complete this research he should at least measure for the presence of muons.

• Official Post

It is a good thing that the author offers the possibility of sharing the data. You might try to contact him directly through his e-mail address. I for one will with a couple of questions of my own, but more specific about his setup.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.