Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• Perhaps this helps from 2015, also refered as Strained 'lattice' ferromagnetism.

Lawrence Forley's (et al.) work and their codeposition protocol has some of similarities with our experiments. Even if they use mainly Pd and D2O, the underlying phenomena may be the same, even if the result seems somewhat different: we get low energy radiation able to ionize air, they got neutrons and/or high energetic particles.

• https://www.sciencemagazinedigital.org › ...

June 14, 2019 - Terahertz field–induced ferroelectricity ... - Science Magazine

Jun 14, 2019 — THz field–induced second harmonic (TFISH) generation spectroscopy ... In the QPE phase at T < 36 K, two features in the signals change ...

"Terahertz field–induced ferroelectricity in quantum paraelectric SrTiO3"

Terahertz field–induced ferroelectricity in quantum paraelectric SrTiO<sub>3</sub>
    In recent years, important advances have been made in the search for materials with complex multiphase landscapes that host photoinduced metastable
    www.sciencemagazinedigital.org

Abstract

“Hidden phases” are metastable collective states of matter that are typically not accessible on equilibrium phase diagrams. These phases can host exotic properties in otherwise conventional materials and hence may enable novel functionality and applications, but their discovery and access are still in early stages. Using intense terahertz electric field excitation, we found that an ultrafast phase transition into a hidden ferroelectric phase can be dynamically induced in quantum paraelectric strontium titanate (SrTiO3). The induced lowering in crystal symmetry yields substantial changes in the phonon excitation spectra. Our results demonstrate collective coherent control over material structure, in which a single-cycle field drives ions along the microscopic pathway leading directly to their locations in a new crystalline phase on an ultrafast time scale.

Xian Li 1, Tian Qiu 2, Jiahao Zhang 2, Edoardo Baldini 3, Jian Lu 1 ∗, Andrew M. Rappe 2, Keith A. Nelson 1†

In recent years, important advances have been made in the search for materials with complex multiphase landscapes that host photoinduced metastable collective states, or “hidden phases.” These phases are rarely accessible on equilibrium phase diagrams and may persist long after the external stimuli that induced them have ceased. Recent experiments (Display footnote number:1-6) have illustrated some of the possibilities and expanded our understanding of nonequilibrium material properties and dynamics.

Note

In some cases, ultrafast resonant excitation of crystal lattice vibrations (phonons) has played the key role in reaching hidden metallic and superconducting phases (Display footnote number:1, 2).

Also note

In the present case, we excite the soft mode directly, using a terahertz (THz) light field to move the ions into their positions in the incipient crystalline phase. This case was foreshadowed by molecular dynamics (MD) simulations of THz field–induced switching between different FE domain orientations, a closely related type of “collective coherent control” (Display footnote number:12).

1Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

2Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA.

3Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

∗Present address: Stanford PULSE Institute, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA.

• Ions of two signs[positive and negative] are spread identically through a gas between two walls

===>

This is probably

H+ and H- is identically distributed in the metal.

This is true based on the hydrogen nature, which I assume in my Cold Fusion theory.

Reference Document

「金属水素化物の応用物性」山口益弘(水素エネルギー協会(HESS)協会誌「 水素エネルギーシステム」1986 vol.11, No.2, pp.30-41)

http://www.hess.jp/Search/data/11-02-030.pdf

English translation

According to Reference Document, regarding the electronic state of hydrogen existing in a metal, a proton model in which a hydrogen atom completely releases an electron and becomes an H + state, and conversely, an extra electron is taken in and the hydrogen atom becomes an H- state.

Both of the anion models have been considered in the past, and changes in electrical resistance, magnetism, and electron specific heat due to hydrogen absorption have been explained by the model that is more convenient for the situation.

However, the results of theoretical calculations of the electronic structure of metal hydrides, which was founded by Switendick in recent years, have revealed that both of the above two models capture only one aspect of the facts. In other words, hydrogen in a metal is considered to have the duality of being H- or H +, and the present inventor considers that they can exist in the metal at the same time. If this hypothesis does not hold, cold fusion will not hold, and it can be said that it is a valid hypothesis considering the research results of hydrogen in hydrogen storage metals.

(A) D+ and D- coexist.

• Spotted by Gregory Byron Goble

Electric Energy Cell US9472812B2

Anticipated exexpiratio

2036-01-27

Status Active

US9472812B2 - Electric energy cell - Google Patents

Inventors Talmadge Kelly Keene, R Van Orden, Charles E. Entenmann, David Cottrel

Assignee Biosearch LLC

Status Active

2036-01-27 Anticipated expiration

Abstract

An electrical cell and method for generating electrical power are disclosed for producing electrical energy from a gas such as hydrogen and isotopes thereof. The electrical cell comprises an ionizing material located within an interior volume of a housing for absorbing the gas and separating ions and electrons. An electron collector receives electrons generated by the ionizing material. An insulator material within the housing inhibits electrons from entering into an ion collector while allowing the gas and the ions to pass to the ion collector for generating electrical voltage between the electron collector and the ion colllector.

• It's worth reading the patent application although a fairly long read. It has several disclosures that match the suggestions and findings in this LEC discussion thread although quite different materials were tested. The inventors have no explanation why these effects occur.

Despite having run nearly 1,500 cells, it is not known why the cells are producing electricity. It is unexplainable why two small cells have produced electricity for over 15 months with no additional fuel. Although it is not fully understood, it is postulated that the PdC anode ionizes the hydrogen/deuterium gas, and ions are released from the PdC into the internal volume of the cell housing to produce a net negative material. The ions in the gas recombine on the copper cathode with electrons in the copper, electrons being pulled into the cathode externally of the housing from the anode. This invention functions similar to a fuel cell, except that there is no constant input of fuel, and there is no electrolyte to transport ions, as required in a fuel cell. The ions are part of the gas cloud inside the cell housing.

• With regard to the quote from nkodama (below) I am certain that there are two phenomena at work in the LEC. One is the continued ionisation of the gases, as mentioned here, the other is the ability of charged plasmas - and the gas in a LEC is a plasma by definition - to self organise. This is more obviously in the case in the high-temperature highly ionised plasma clouds inside the Safire/Aureon device where the ions are more mobile and can self-organise into positive and negatively charged regions more quickly and definitively than in one where the speed of ion drift is lower, which also allows more time for ions to recombine and become neutral. Frank Gordon has discovered that increased temperature does increase LEC output.

18077-hydrogen-nature-jpg

• If I'm not wrong, this patent has been cited by Fabrice David. Indeed it describes the same phenomena that we saw in the LEC, there are many similarities. However the inventors apparently overcomplicated the design and they did not tested the ability of the cell to conduct an imposed current in both directions (implying that both charges are present in the gas, and the role of the anode and cathod can be swapped). The internal resistance is higher than the LEC, and this may be due to the presence of a solid insulator between the electrodes. Two data are quite interesting: the cloud chamber (as well as the GM counter) didn't show the presence of high energy radiations (I saw the same thing with the GM counter, and I was tempted to build a cloud chamber... maybe non need... :) ); the voltage lasted for very long time if H2 or D2 are injected. This makes me think that my LEC stopped working more for the hydrogen deabsorption than for iron oxidation...

• The patent linked above is also cited in one of FG's patents. it is interesting in that it contains some detailed stuff about cell behaviour- polarity reversal and intermittency, and the very puzzling way that stacked plate in don't raise the voltage unless they are physically in another containment. That is frankly weird.

The patent itself is of course no obstacle - you can't patent physics otherwise we would have to pay for using gravity. It's what I think of as an 'apparatus patent' in that it describes a particular physical form that produces an effect. The effect itself is beyond the law, so another physical arrangement would evade the patent.

• you can't patent physics otherwise we would have to pay for using gravity.

In U.S. patent law this is expressed by saying you cannot patent "a force of nature." That's old fashioned. I guess in modern terminology you would call that "a law of nature," or just "physics" as Alan says.

There have been some changes in what can and cannot be patented. In the 1970s (I think it was) the courts allowed a patent for software. More recently, the genomes of various bioengineered lifeforms have been patented, such as E. coli engineered to produce human insulin.

• Charles Entenmann is of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entenmann%27s family fame. I believe he has some history of supporting LENR research. He, the company Biosearch LLC, and at least one of the Inventors (Kelly) are Florida based.

Looks like some connections Gregory Byron Goble needs to dig into.

Anyone know if Biosearch tried to do something with this patent?

• I have been aware of the patent by Keene, Entenmann, et. al for some time and I called Charlie Entenmann last year to talk to him. We had a good conversation. They have written a report but beyond that, I am not aware if they are conducting any additional experiments. Charlie has been a long time supporter of LENR including providing support for some of the ICCF conferences.

• Matt and I are starting our experiments tomorrow, but I've been getting the basics together. The photographs show a 5 plate stack (brass), the mild steel anode and the containment. The O rings are just temporary spacers, I have some teflon ones on order, The stack sits on a lexan shelf inside the bell jar, and we can suck out the air and replace it with hydrogen, deuterium or whatever seems useful.

• Well, Matt and I had a long discussion about the approach. Our thinking is that since around 3 replications we know of, plus Frank and Harper's versions all work we would try a bigger system from the start. Matt and I both reason that if this works then we can worry about experiments that really start to investigate the phenomenon.

• Well, Matt and I had a long discussion about the approach. Our thinking is that since around 3 replications we know of, plus Frank and Harper's versions all work we would try a bigger system from the start. Matt and I both reason that if this works then we can worry about experiments that really start to investigate the phenomenon.

Nice work.

Keep in mind that the surface to surface “radiant” distance in a nested cylinder is not scaling at 1:1 like the plates.

Ed- I mean that the area changes with distance/diameter in the tube.

• We had a Good day in the lab today. The bench DMM is waiting at my local post office for collection, so I guess that on Monday we'll get that hooked into the data system, and then everything is in place as far as equipment goes. We'll start plating tests then too. Matt is very interested to see what happens, me too for that matter.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.