Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• Cydonia Perhaps the Lattice Energy Converter LEC group is busy getting ready, preparing to present more advanced works at the Solid State Energy Summit....

Some things of interest have been gleaned from this thread. It seems most folks have moved on to something else or lost interest due to more recent research disclosures...

• I am semiconductor engineer and I know the implantation process of hydrogen and I also thought previously this implantation works but I quit the development even I had a fund because of the longer process time.

Loading with D2 gas is by far shorter loading time.

• nkodama, the ion implantation process used in semiconductor industry is very slow compared to electrolytic loading. The advantage is that you can implant whatever ion you want (more or less...) For example Mastromatteo implanted Boron ions on a thin film of Pd deposited on a Silicon wafer. And he saw transmutations after irradiating with a small power laser (I think this has been replicated by J.P. Biberian). Actually Mastrommatteo once told me that the Boron was really not necessary.

I think that Frank's group tried to load the LEC with Deuterium instead of Hydrogen, but the results were not very different.

• Low loading could be more relevant maybe ? Only a quick thought, maybe the loading speed could play a role for hydrogen interaction with the metal. Hydrogen loaded becoming hydride so attached with the host metal or remained free ...

If for example the reaction needs an hydride and a free hydrogen, loading speed variation could be relevant ?

nkodama, the ion implantation process used in semiconductor industry is very slow compared to electrolytic loading. The advantage is that you can implant whatever ion you want (more or less...) For example Mastromatteo implanted Boron ions on a thin film of Pd deposited on a Silicon wafer. And he saw transmutations after irradiating with a small power laser (I think this has been replicated by J.P. Biberian). Actually Mastrommatteo once told me that the Boron was really not necessary.

I think that Frank's group tried to load the LEC with Deuterium instead of Hydrogen, but the results were not very different.

• The LENR-Forum team are proud to present the first of a new series of video discussions, where prominent LENR researchers meet to present, discuss and answer questions about their work. In this session we look at the LEC, a simple device that produces electricity directly, in a way which is not entirely understood. Such a device has the potential to be a game-changer, because although in its current form the electrical output is tiny it offers the possibility of creating silent, non-polluting and inexpensive batteries which never need recharging. Though that is at the moment a distant target.

The content here is in two parts – Part 1 is a 20 minute video made by Frank Gordon and Harper Whitehouse in which they share views of a LEC device in action, and describe and run some basic tests. Part 2 is a panel discussion hosted by the forum team and introduced by Ruby Carat in which Frank and Harper answer questions. The panel includes well-known LENR researchers, from the USA Professor David Nagel and Andrew Erickson (LANL -Retired), Fabrice David and Professor Jean-Paul Biberian from France. All the scientists on the panel have direct hands-on experience of the LEC system, or in Fabrice David’s case the related Cold fusion Diode system.

The discussion is moderated by Alan Smith, and the closing words of thanks are from our very own David Nygren. We wish to thank everyone who contributed for their help and support, both on camera and behind the scenes.

Part 1 : UNDERSTANDING LENR – LATTICE ENERGY CONVERTER (LEC)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Part 2 : UNDERSTANDING LENR - Panel Q&A about the LATTICE ENERGY CONVERTER (LEC)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At the end of this second video, we have heard the second man close to Franck Gordon.

He said to plan some calculations to evaluate the speed distribution between faster ion or slowers.

This job was already done in french sorry, with results which said that helium and lithium could be faster than simple hydrogen.

So yes, it could exist a large speed difference between species.

• This work is important even if the current potential has not been optimized, as I am certain it can be.

A great team effort. Most are aware that Harper Whitehouse has longstanding experience with Global Energy Corporation, et al. Amazing! Bringing LENR Electric products to market... even as a trickle charger for bigger batteries.

Best wishes and high hope for success extended.

This is an early patent worth review.

Electrolysis Reactor System that Incorporates Thermal and Galvanic Controls to Provide Improved Hydrogen Production, Storage, and Controlled Release in Suitable Conductive Interstitial or Metallic Hydride Materials

US Patent Application for Electrolysis reactor system that incorporates thermal and galvanic controls to provide improved hydrogen production, storage, and controlled release in suitable conductive interstitial or metallic hydride materials Patent…

Publication number: 20160244889

Abstract: This application relates to the production, storage, and controlled release of hydrogen for use in the hydrogen economy. More specifically, it relates to a novel electrolysis system design that utilizes electrolysis of ionized vapors and gasses to produce and store hydrogen in a hydrogen host material and the capability to reverse the electrolysis potential to provide safe, controlled hydrogen release.

Type: Application

Filed: February 24, 2015

Publication date: August 25, 2016

Inventors: Frank E. Gordon, Harper J. Whitehouse, Stanislaw Szpak

Not sure about this information that Global Energy Corporation having a headquarters in Japan.

JedRothwell The site is Japanese can you see if is correct. If not I'll delete it.

From Apollo

Jay Khim - ceo - Global Energy Corporation | Business Profile
    View Jay Khim's business profile as ceo at Global Energy Corporation. Find Jay's email address, mobile number, work history, and more.
    www.apollo.io

• Jay (Wook) Khim CEO at Global Energy Corporation
    • Global Energy Corporation is a company based out of Japan.
    • Who are Jay Khim's colleagues?
    • Jay Khim's colleagues are Lawrence Forsley, Pamela Boss, Harper Whitehouse and Lina Ramos.
    • Website
      glec.co.jp

• US Govt. SPAWAR/JWK (Jay Wook Khim) / (GEC) Forsley et al patent, 2007 System and Method for Generating Particles

US8419919B1 - System and method for generating particles - Google Patents

Unusual patent history which speaks volumes of effort and tenacity. Filed 2007. Published and granted on the same day in 2013. Recently the rights have been extended to 2030. Many who think that cold fusion patents are not granted might find this of interest.

I certainly find it interesting and return to it searching for recent patents that cite this a priori patent. Sometimes a recent citing patent is an improved iteration of the old cited patent, othertimes a sister patent connected by a related research group. That's what I look for.

The 2007 System and Method for Generating Particles now has on its' list of citing patents this sister patent...

Lattice Energy Conversion Device

US11232880B2 - Lattice energy conversion device - Google Patents

Inventors: Frank E Gordon

Harper John Whitehouse

Application US17/334,562 events

2020-06-19

Priority to US202063041722P

2021-05-28

Application filed by Inovi Inc

2021-05-28

Priority to US17/334,562

2021-11-24

Assigned to INOVL, INC.

2021-12-23

Publication of US20210398767A1

2022-01-25

Application granted

2022-01-25

Publication of US11232880B2

US11232880B2

Here is another Sister Patent

A hybrid fusion fast fission reactor WO2009108331A2 Lawrence Parker Galloway Forsley Forsley Lawrence Parker Gallow Priority 2008-02-25 • Filed 2009-02-25 • Published 2009-09-03

74:975-995. (2003). [012] Boss, et al, filed U.S. Provisional Patent Application Serial No. 60/919,190, on March 14, 2007, entitled "Method and Apparatus for Generating Particles", which is incorporated by reference in its entirety and Serial No. 11/859,499, ['499]

• Seems relevant so I'm posting it.

Move if needed. It is a cited patent in the LEC patent. Fascinating the obscure references to early LENR.

Inventor Benzion Landa

Current Assignee Landa Labs 2012 Ltd https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170133956A1

• FIELD AND BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
    • [0001]The present invention, in some embodiments thereof, relates to energy conversion and, more particularly, but not exclusively, to a device and method for generating electricity.
    • [0002]Energy conversion systems receive energy in one form and convert it to energy in another form. A thermoelectric converter, for example, receives thermal energy and produces electricity.
    • [0003]One type of thermoelectric converter employs the Seebeck thermoelectric effect, according to which electrical current is generated between two junctions of dissimilar conductive materials. Seebeck-based thermoelectric generators are typically used as temperature sensors also known as thermocouples, but attempts have also been made to use thermoelectric generators for powering electronic circuits (see, e.g., International Patent Publication No. WO 07/149,185).
    • [0004]Another type of thermal energy converter is a thermionic converter which employs the thermionic emission effect according to which, at sufficiently high temperatures, electrons can be emitted out of a solid surface. Thermionic converters typically include a hot body and a cold body, with a thermal gradient of at least several hundreds of Celsius degrees. The hot body is kept at a sufficiently high temperature for the thermionic emission effect to take place (typically above 1000° C.). Electrons are emitted from the surface of the hot body and collide with the surface of the cold body, thereby generating a voltage across the gap between the surfaces. A description of thermionic converters can be found in U.S. Pat. No. 7,109,408.
    • [0005]The operating principle of the thermionic converter differs from that of the thermoelectric generator. One difference is in the nature of charge transport across the device. In the thermionic converter, charge transport is governed by motion of free electrons, while in the thermoelectric generator charge transport is governed by diffusion of electrons and holes in conductors that are in physical contact.
    • [0006]An additional type of heat converter is a thermotunneling converter,

NOTE

which employs a quantum mechanical tunneling effect according to which a particle can penetrate through a potential barrier higher than its kinetic energy. A thermotunneling converter includes a hot surface and a cold surface, and typically operates in vacuum. The surfaces are held sufficiently close to one another so as to allow electrons to move from the hot surface to the cold surface by tunneling.

Description of a thermotunneling converter is found in U.S. Pat. Nos. 3,169,200 and 6,876,123.

A hybrid energy converter which combines the thermionic and thermotunneling principles

is disclosed in U.S. Pat. No. 6,489,704.

NOTE

[0007]Also of interest is an essay by J. M. Dudley, entitled

“Maxwell's Pressure Demon and the Second Law of Thermodynamics”,

Infinite Energy Magazine 66

(2006) 21.

Dudley describes a device which includes a pair of aluminum plates with two fiberglass screens between the aluminum plates with a copper foil between the fiberglass screens. Dudley claims that a voltage drop across the device was increased when a pressure was applied on the aluminum plates.

Dudley attempts to dismiss ambient humidity so as to exclude or reduce the effect of electrochemical reaction and postulates that the voltage drop results from the tunneling effect.

• Dudley describes a device which includes a pair of aluminum plates with two fiberglass screens between the aluminum plates with a copper foil between the fiberglass screens. Dudley claims that a voltage drop across the device was increased when a pressure was applied on the aluminum plates.

This is interesting. I (and Matt Lilley) have seen similar behaviour in an experiment using teflon-coated glass-fibre barbecue mesh as a single spacer between a playing card size brass electrode placed on top of a very large block of aluminium. Pressure was applied by stacking lead weights on top of the brass. We put the phenomenon down to 'unknown artefact' possibly due to working in a cold and possibly damp lab.

• “Maxwell's Pressure Demon and the Second Law of Thermodynamics”,

Infinite Energy Magazine 66

(2006) 21.

This very interesting patent (which cites the Dudley experiment mentioned) describes something similar to the LEC, including the idea of modifying the surfaces by electrochemical means. It is actually described as a thermo-electric generator which does not require there to be a significant temperature gradient across the cell..

US20110148248A1 - Device and method for generating electricity - Google Patents

• describes something similar to the LEC

also of interest is the investigation of palladium tritide by Lawrence Forsley.

• Created a new dedicated thread for comments about the simposium videos here:

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.