Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• Official Post

Some good news. One of my friends just ran the Stevenson protocol twice. The first time he called me and said 'it doesn't work' - but then he discovered there was an internal short circuit - so I got a very happy call 15 minutes later saying 'yes it works'. Just 200mV and the current too low to measure with a low-impedance meter.

Then he dismantled the cell, stripped off the plating, re-plated the working electrode and it worked again. He has no hydrogen to hand, so for now it's sitting in a jar of Argon to slow down the corrosion - and its still working.

• I noticed some interesting similarities between the radiation we are trying to mesure and... Tritium! After reading some document on this topic, I discovered that Tritium is very difficult to detect with conventional radiation detectors, since it emits a relatively low energy beta particle (something around 5 keV). Most detectors are not sensitive enough at such a low energy. Moreover the Tritium radiation, due to its low energy, is very easily blocked by whathever: few microns of skin, plastic or paper, or just by 6 mm of air. This is very similar to what Rout and Srinivasan described and what we have seen with the LEC.

• Official Post

I noticed some interesting similarities between the radiation we are trying to mesure and... Tritium! After reading some document on this topic, I discovered that Tritium is very difficult to detect with conventional radiation detectors, since it emits a relatively low energy beta particle (something around 5 keV). Most detectors are not sensitive enough at such a low energy. Moreover the Tritium radiation, due to its low energy, is very easily blocked by whathever: few microns of skin, plastic or paper, or just by 6 mm of air. This is very similar to what Rout and Srinivasan described and what we have seen with the LEC.

I recall Rout et al used several blocking materials and only some of them worked, but one that did not work was 6 sheets of paper, so perhaps its Tritium and something more.

• Tritium from Hydrogen is not a straightforward fusion chain, there's a neutron problem. But it's an interesting suggestion.

Sure, it is not straightforward at all. However, considering some residual D and not the classical fusion paths, there is at least a positive energy outcome (based on the Parkhomov tables).

H3+?

I didn't know this interesting story about H3. However, apart from the adsorbed hydrogen, it is the air that is ionised, so there should be more than H3+.

Hydronium - Wikipedia

No acqueous environments involved and energies well exceeding the chemical ones. So, unlikely to be hydronium...

I recall Rout et al used several blocking materials and only some of them worked, but one that did not work was 6 sheets of paper, so perhaps its Tritium and something more.

Tritium can permeate through (or "soak") paper, and it can emit its beta particles close to the other side (the film is fogged by the beta particles, not from Tritium itself). It cannot do the same thing with polyethylene sheets, even if much more thinner.

I'm just reasoning, it not a convinced hypothesis.

• Official Post

Sure, it is not straightforward at all. However, considering some residual D and not the classical fusion paths, there is at least a positive energy outcome (based on the Parkhomov tables)

Good to see you using the Parkhomov’s tables, are you using the tables directly or through the nanosoft web query? I think you are correct to think that there’s always some D even if scarce. I think the table is a good way to explore possibilities of potential reactions. I still don’t learn to build complex queries but Bob is always keen to provide hints. Do you consider the metallic lattice in your exploration?

• Good to see you using the Parkhomov’s tables, are you using the tables directly or through the nanosoft web query?

I used the nanosoft site, even if I'm not so confident with the SQL query. I tryed just H and D, without involvin the lattice. The query was this one, showing also T as output, even if neutrinos are needed (if I'm correclty reading the result):
    http://www.nanosoft.co.nz/resu…DrbByMeVDescLimit100.html

• Official Post

Tritium is not fun stuff to be around btw, since it can be incorporated into living tissue. Back in the 60's when nobody worried too much about things like Uranium and Polonium I was assisting with some experiments involving the incorporation of tritiated amino acids into human cells 'in vitro'. This was at the time the only series of experiments (some of them in retrospect far dodgier) where the ethics committee demanded we all take a course in handling and disposal methods.

• Tritium from Hydrogen is not a straightforward fusion chain, there's a neutron problem. But it's an interesting suggestion.

neutron is not a fundamental particle, which can solve the neutron problem.

Neutron to be Tightly Bound Proton-Electron Pair and Nucleus to be Constituted by Protons and Internal Electrons

(PDF) Neutron to be Tightly Bound Proton-Electron Pair and Nucleus to be Constituted by Protons and Internal Electrons
    PDF | Abstract:-Original nucleus model in the 1920s was internal electron theory that the atomic nucleus is constituted by protons and electrons, and... |…
    doi.org

• Frank Gordon is closely affiliated with NASA LCF scientists...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

THis NASA LATTICE CONFINED FUSION is just the experiment to probe lattice confined Fusion.

because neutrin in Er-D can fusi with Er and transmute ER to stable element, meaning that the selection of ER is for this purpose.

ER +d is stable no generation of excess heat.

the real mechanism is the compression of Er-d to measure the excess heat.

so the compresion need to cause cold fusion based on the bon compression theory.

• There are a number of X-ray technologies available, but probably a good part of them will not work with this radiation, because most of them have some kind of protective screen, that according to Rout and Srinivasan will block the radiation (if even a very thin layer of polyethilene can):

• dental films are usually enclosed in a plastic envelope, often containing a thin lead screen on one side and sometime the development chemicals on a separate compartment;
    • digital sensors are covered by a plastic surface, moreover most of them are normal CCD/CMOS image sensors, so it would be more convenient to use a "naked" webcam sensor;
    • phosphor plates (indirect radiography) may be a good chioce, but usually the sensitive surface is enclosed in a plastic cassette;
    • plain x-ray films or even B/W photographic films may be the most effective choice, but experiments need to be carried out in complete darkness, and the entire development process need to be handled in place.

Apart from these reasons, films makes experiments very slow and "one-shot": there is no possibility to make interactive adjustments. You only know the result after the experiment has ended. Moreover Rout and Srinivasan highlight that they detected the radiation with the films only when some gases where present, so the sensitivization may be due to some indirect effect and not directly to the radiation.

Cnsodering all this, probably a naked webcam sensor worth a try: it is readily available, inexpensive and real-time. The Raspberry Pi image sensors for example are very good, since they have a high resolution (5 or 8 MP) and comes in an easy to handle (and to disassemble) package.

I know the difficulty in x-ray measurement, for LENR bacause it ts the surface reaction so the proper setting of spectrometer and detector is needed.

Now nes sensor is available so you can find in the website.

• Thanks Frank..

I am impressed by the thoroughness such as the application of the Thomsons'work.

Has anyone looked for 'fogging' as Rout experienced? as in the Reference provided?

"Each and every palladium sample loaded/reloaded either with hydrogen or deuterium was observed to fog radiographic films kept in its close proximity in air. Strangely, even with ten layers of black paper (thickness ≃63 mg/cm2) as a filter between film and sample, fogging was observed. On the other hand, no fogging could be observed even when thin beryllium foil (≃1.4 mg/cm2), three layers of transparent polyester foils (≃10 mg/cm2), or thin aluminizedpolycarbonate (0.3 mg/cm2) were employed as filters.

The "fogging" of the radiographic film through black paper is easily explained by the evolution of atomic hydrogen by the cathodes of palladium. Atomic hydrogen initiates the reduction of silver bromide grains better than photons.

Years ago, with John Giles, we have demonstrated that our palladium cathodes were producing atomic hydrogen:

https://www.researchgate.net/p…rium_by_palladium_cathode

In this article, we published the hydrogenation of benzoquinone into hydroquinone by a palladium cathode. Our goal was not to do chemistry, but to make paper that changes color on contact with atomic hydrogen. (or in contact with atomic palladium) Photographic paper is also sensible to atomic hydrogen. Photographic film is also sensible to mechanic pressure and ultrasons. The trace of a nail is clearly visible after chemical reduction.

• Photographic film is also sensible to mechanic pressure and ultrasons. The trace of a nail is clearly visible after chemical reduction.

They tested the sensitivity of films for a number of physical and chemical factors, and the result was negative. Also they applied an electric field in both directions, and the fogging was intesified in both cases (suggesting the presence of charged particles of both polarity). We know from LEC experiments that air (and other gases) get ionized, so probably there should be more than atomic hydrogen (that is a very probable emission though, expecially from Pd).

• Two centuries ago, Nicéphore Niepce helped by Louis Daguerre invented the principle of "latent image" which is the basis of photography. Like Fleischmann and Pons, all their lives, Niepce, his brother and Daguerre tried to prove to the incredulous world the reality of their process. The first photographic images were taken under the Empire, in 1816, but Niepce and his brother died in poverty.

They also invented the first internal combustion engine, still under the reign of Napoleon the first. No one wanted to believe it, even though they had built a working prototype. Their engine, called "pyreolophore" propelled a boat. Even the English did not want to buy it to equip their warships. It was 150 years before ships gave up steam for diesel engines.

Their laboratory was located not far from where I live, on the Butte de Cormeilles which overlooks Paris. I see this hill when writing for you. Formerly, the Templars had dug a quarry there to extract gypsum. The city's high school bears the name of Louis Daguerre. Here is the statue of Daguerre in the grounds of the church. I photographed it in the last spring.

A beautiful statue of Daguerre has been erected in Washington, at the corner of 7th Street on Avenue C.

Photography did not take its industrial development until the 1840s. The world was not ready ...

But what is the principle of photography? Few remember it today, in the age of the digital image.

Photons of light or high energy particles create electron / hole pairs in silver iodide crystals. Crystals containing these metastable electron / hole pairs are more reactive than other crystals, and they react faster with the reducing agent. (Mercury vapor in the first Daguerreotype process, but atomic hydrogen also makes an excellent reducing agent.)

The pressure causes electric charges to appear by piezoelectric effect, and these charges create a latent image, which will be reduced by the developing agent (hydroquinone derivatives in the usual way, but vitamin C is also suitable)

The interaction between gelatin proteins and halide crystals is very important, and still poorly understood.

The factory that made gelatin for all the photographic film manufacturers in the world was in Saint-Denis, a blue collar town north of Paris where I was born. In summer, this factory spread a terrible smell in the city.

It was a cousin of Nicéphore Niepce, called Niepce de Saint-Victor, who discovered the action of radioactivity on photographic film. He published an article in the Comptes-Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences, (french PNAS) but his article was forgotten, because he was a photographer, and not a scientist, and it was Becquerel who rediscovered the radio-activity, many years after. (The word "radioactivity" was coined by Marie Curie)

I told you this story because the fate of Niepce is very similar to that of Martin Fleischmann.

But Nicephore Niepce was alone, and Fleischmann and Pons have disciples.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.