Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• I'm just not willing to declare the LEC as inoperable only because I didn't manage to make my very crude analogue work as intended.

I think however that if it could be made to actually work with something similar to the parallel plate air capacitor I mentioned above, it might be an even simpler and more effective demonstration of the effect (although it will probably not last weeks/months).

• Fusion or transmutation generated nuclear particles' energy is converted using a super-capacitor made of a micro-nano-hetero structure meta-material that loads from the nuclear energy and discharges by electric current. The device contains the nuclear burner module that produces the nuclear particles surrounded by the direct nuclear energy conversion into electricity super-capacitor modules comprising several functional sub-modules, and the utilities that provide the nuclear fuel and byproducts management and process control systems.

As I understand it, Liviu sees this as a solid state nano structured LENR Electric technology, like a nuclear battery. I hope this has been incorporated into advanced Navy/DOE CMNS research and engineering. It's clear he is developing other plasma tech under Navy contract.

I imagine all the Navy CMNS researchers, found in various national labs, swap in depth finely detailed notes from time to time.

• I have been reading JJ Thomson's masterpiece 'Conduction of Electricity Through Gases (1898) republished in facsimile by Hanse - - which Frank Gordon suggested was well worth it - and so it is.

The most relevant part begins on pp29 -'Electrification of a Gas by the Aid of Rontgen Rays' Which we now call X-rays. Here he studies the conductivity of various gases after exposure, and the effect of different methodologies on the conductivity achieved.

As JJT says 'Of all the methods by which we can out a gas into a state where it can receive a charge of electricity, none is more remarkable than Rontgen rays. These rays when they pass through a gas turn it into a conductor, and enable it to receive a charge of electricity, and the gas remains conductive and it's power of being charged for some time after the rays have ceased to pass through it'. He goes on to say that UV light (presumably from an arc) does not have this power, except when reflected from a metal plate immersed in the gas, or impinges upon a fluorescent surface.

Further experiments (and there are many) show that the passage of a current through the gas actually destroys this conductivity, and also that although the voltage passed through the gas was increased, the current passed, after initially behaving according to Ohm's law saturated and rose only very slowly with increased voltage.

He goes on to suggest that for many purposes, the conductive power of the irradiated gas could be compared to a weak electrolyte, that would also be destroyed by the passage of sufficient voltage.

There are many other notes and comments on his findings, but these two are certainly indicative of what we see in the LEC.

• Of all the methods by which we can out a gas into a state where it can receive a charge of electricity, none is more remarkable than Rontgen rays. These rays when they pass through a gas turn it into a conductor, and enable it to receive a charge of electricity, and the gas remains conductive and it's power of being charged for some time after the rays have ceased to pass through it'. He goes on to say that UV light (presumably from an arc) does not have this power, except when reflected from a metal plate immersed in the gas, or impinges upon a fluorescent surface.

How might this apply to the conversion of energies in the lattice to electrical current... Considering the claims of Leonardo Corporation and the bolder claims of Global Energy Corporation?

LEC - lattice energy conversion

I presume 'energies/energy' pertains to the conversion of those released/created by the atomic reactions (from both weak or strong force events and perhaps aether? Casimir Force or ZPE? interactions) ie those phenona taking place in the LEC low energy nuclear reaction environment.

Electrical current converted from 'cold fusion' reactions intrigues us all.

The LENR reactions categorized by known lattice energies conversion products.

LENR to Thermal has been around for a long time.

LENR to Transmutation of actinides has been well established by GEC in 2012, and others previously.

LENR to Electricity is fairly recent.

The way I 'see it' may be a bit simple or flawed... I honestly hope my thinking on this proves useful in some small way.

• If X rays could generate the LEC effect, that should implie a "special H trap" inside the metal lattice.

JedRothwell could highlight this point however i don't remember that X rays were involved by our fathers or Mc Kucbre work for example ?

In this case the codeposition process could do that, we should understand a stronger "trap".. ( Storms NAE ? ).

It could also explain as a flash back why P@F replications were so randomized..

Now some teams since long time worked also in this codeposition way, then never mentioned a kind of rays ?

That should mean a ray could exist but very very low however enough " strong" to ionize species ?

Case to follow...

• Gregory Byron Goble

Conductivity tests were performed by Stevenson, who found that a working LEC was conductive, but a non-working 'control' LEC was not. This is directly in line with J J Thonson''s own findings that gases ionised (in his case by X-Rays) were conductive- Air, Hydrogen, CO2 and some others.

The importance of this for the LEc is that it suggests a mechanism for conduction in such gases - the presence of mobile ions of both positive and negative charge. That there is continual creation and re-creation of ions in the LEC gas space and that at lease some of these ions self-organise and impart a charge imbalance to the electrodes is a very tempting hypothesis, which is largely borne out by the experiments that have been carried out.

The disappointing thing is that JJT found that the gases were readily 'saturated' as he described it at very low levels of current. no matter how he pushed up the voltage. This is what bothers me - i have seen anomalous electrical output in other systems - but never much current. I hope that we can find ways to change this state of affairs.

• The most relevant part begins on pp29 -'Electrification of a Gas by the Aid of Rontgen Rays' Which we now call X-rays. Here he studies the conductivity of various gases after exposure, and the effect of different methodologies on the conductivity achieved.

Most easy way to do this. Buy a smoke detector an place some of the Am243 /Am241 in a corner...

• If X rays could generate the LEC effect, that should implie a "special H trap" inside the metal lattice.

JedRothwell could highlight this point however i don't remember that X rays were involved by our fathers or Mc Kucbre work for example ?

Several papers describe x-ray production by cold fusion, but I do not recall any describing stimulation by x-rays. Alan Smith referenced one about production. There are some from Italians who used x-ray film such as:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GozziDxrayheatex.pdf

It is surprising how much you can learn from autoradiographs.

• X rays frequencies are staying at 2 orders more than the phonons.

They could be generated by phonons higher harmonics ?

If these rays could be generated by phonons resonance, in this way, probably a bigger and long LEC tube should be tested.

I have X-Ray fims in the lab. This needs to be tested.

• I have X-Ray fims in the lab. This needs to be tested.

Read the Gozzi paper to learn how to extract a lot of information from the x-ray film. For example, if there is a wire blocking access to the reactor, the shadow of the wire can tell you a lot.

I have an autoradiograph from Srinivasan, shown here, with links to the papers:

A Look at Experiments

Srinivasan made many of these films, over several months. I talked to him about it. This may be in the papers . . . but anyway, this was from tritium, in hot spots that lasted a long time. A film put in the same position showed the same pattern of exposed spots. Two films with one top of the other both produced the same pattern, with the top one attenuated. A film placed some distance away with a spacer showed the same pattern, attenuated. In short, he did a number of common sense tests to confirm that the x-ray film was detecting x-rays, rather than being affected by water or something like that. Skeptics thought it might be stained by water.

• Read the Gozzi paper to learn how to extract a lot of information from the x-ray film. For example, if there is a wire blocking access to the reactor, the shadow of the wire can tell you a lot.

Thanks Jed. I had a quick look when you first posted it -at first glance a very comprehensive paper. I shall study it some more. I have a couple more papers of interest on the way, I might link them/upload them here if they seem useful.

• This is directly in line with J J Thonson''s own findings that gases ionised (in his case by X-Rays) were conductive- Air, Hydrogen, CO2 and some others.

Yes, things inside the seem to go exactly as described by Thomson. For example, if you decrease the gas pressure also the current and voltage decrease. The phenomenology is very consistent with presence of X-Rays (or in general ionizing radiation).

The disappointing thing is that JJT found that the gases were readily 'saturated' as he described it at very low levels of current.

This is also what happen in the LEC: if you take a look at the "forced current" plot in my document, you will see that the current starts to saturate at +-10V. This current level depends on the amount of ionized gas that is produced over time. The current is not so small (greater than 0.1 mA @ 10V), that is orders of magnitude the one can be obtained with X-Rays, and it can be increased by increasing the electrodes surface.

• On the behavior of the cathodically polarized Pd/D system: Search for emanating radiation

S. Szpak', P.A. Mosier-Boss a,*,l J.J. Smithb

Published 1996.

Abstract

Evidence for the emission of low intensity X-rays during cathodic polarization of the Pd/D system(s) is presented. The Pd/D system was prepared by charging with electrochemically generated deuterium either palladium foil or palladium electrodeposited from D2 0 electrolytes. Experimental and analytical procedures are described in detail.

8 Phys. Lett. A 1996 radiation.pdf

• Stevenson depending of these last hypothesis, your attempts also,

If we would like increase the effect for a "business" for example, what kind of parameter you could optimize to maximize the effect ?

Gap ? gas pressure between electrodes ? Another parameters you have in mind ?

Probably the hydrogen amount trapped ?

In this way, i share again a former french work ( in english..) where were trapped some hydrogen clusters inside a protonic membrane.

• Cydonia

The chief drawback for the De Guerville method of trapping hydrogen is the temperature ranges ceramic membranes operate at. While this might be useful for larger systems it is obviously no use for an application like a phone battery.

The main experimental areas I see as being worth exploring in order to raise the output level from 'very interesting' to 'very useful' are as follows:-

Study 'host metals' for both electrodes, and the effect of different electrolytes and plating regimes on loading. It may be that some counter electrode metals accept charges delivered by ions more readily than others.

Look at electrode spacing (the gaps) and also on separator type.

Increase electrode surface -either as plates or tubes - in fact check out the whole LEC geometry issue.

Study gas dynamics and its effect on ion mobility. Lower the pressure there is less gas to ionise -but the ions can move faster, raise the pressure- more ions but the move more slowly. Also look at different gases, and at 'gas doping' whereby adding small amounts of (for example) hydrocarbons etc. might alter the number of charges the gas molecules willaccept.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.