Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• If we would like increase the effect for a "business" for example, what kind of parameter you could optimize to maximize the effect ?

Increasing surface is the most obvious: it will give you more current. Using specific metals (?) may increase the voltage. But this is just plain scaling / optimization. In my opinion once we get a better understanding of what happen inside the LEC, very big improvements can be made. Currently we (apparently) have a ionizing radiation and a ionized gas that spontaneously interact with metals to generate a voltage. This is kind of a forouitus process, for sure not optimised at all. There will be better ways to exploit the ionized gas or the radiation to obtain electricity. We just have to understand a little better their nature and behaviour.

• There will be better ways to exploit the ionized gas or the radiation to obtain electricity.

...and I wonder what might increase the lattice vibrations.

Dithering?

Harold Aspden created thermal harmonics, and thermal standing waves by tapping the heat sources against the metal plates edges, increasing thermo voltaic efficiency considerably.

Dithering effects radio waves also

As in dithering world war two radios.

Harold Apden was granted one of the first US cold fusion patents.

• Good thoughts,

i already spoken about this point we need to stretch actively the sample..

• History Behind Dither

The word actually comes from the Middle English verb ‘didderen,’ which means to tremble. This links to the discovery of Dither, as one its earliest uses can be traced back to World War II, when airplane bombers’ mechanical computers were able to perform navigation calculations far more accurately.

Engineers during this time quickly began to realise that the aircraft vibration reduced the large majority of errors from sticky moving parts. This allowed for the aircraft to move in a continuous motion, as opposed to bumpy and short jerks of movement. Small vibrating motors were then swiftly built into computer monitors, and this form of vibration was deemed to be a Dither.

• Well i have had a deep look in the past on Dubinko's work.

We have to know that phonon vibration range is between 15 to 30 Thz.

So he expected to add more energy to a lattice rather increasing the frequencies, the wave amplitude could help too.

Now about the LEC effect, if low X rays are involved that means 2 orders more in frequency to reach.

Because the Dubinko way of thinking isn't able to increase the frequency , maybe if his resonance effect is expected, occurs, that could generate X rays as product of a classic nuclear reaction.

• The researchers fabricated single crystals of methylammonium lead iodide and tested them on photocurrent generation while irradiating them with X-rays. They found 75% charge-collection efficiency in millimeter-sized crystals. This high-efficiency current conversion for X-ray radiation also matched the material’s high X-ray absorption coefficient.

In terms of damage, the material’s performance decreased less than 20% when hit with X-ray doses similar to those in space. “This represents very promising stability for high-radiation doses,” says Bálint Náfrádi.

Combined, these features can lead to fabricating photovoltaic cells that can harvest visible, X-ray, and even gamma-ray photons. Such technology can have far-reaching advantages for space exploration, as well as converting waste radiation in nuclear powerplants.

This work included contribution from the Institute of Nuclear Techniques of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics. The project was funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation and the European Research Council.

Reference

Náfrádi B, Náfrádi G, Forró L, Horváth E. Methylammonium Lead Iodide for Efficient X-ray Energy Conversion. J. Phys. Chem. C, 16 October 2015. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.5b07876

• Triboelectric Series: Positive- and Negative-charging Materials

I have mentioned that one avenue of research into the LEC effect is to see if:-

.....some counter electrode metals accept charges delivered by ions more readily than others.

In this context we have the electro-chemical series, which is of importance when we consider galvanism (also called bi-metal effect in days of your) . There is also another series- more complex and inclusive of many 'non-obvious' materials called the 'tribo-electric scale'. Non-obvious in that it relates to the readiness of materials to accept or donate electrons when in close contact and particularly when rubbed together- think balloons and cats for example. Sadly the list linked above does not include gases - but gases as we know can carry a charge. This charging, known as triboelectric charging, or tribocharging for short, is observed naturally in the large electric fields observed in dust devils and sand storms as well as in everyday circumstances, Despite the long-observed, ubiquitous nature of tribocharging, the actual physics governing tribocharging is not well understood, and multiple different mechanisms have been proposed over the past several decades.

Attached below is a very readable paper from the Royal Society archives:-

Experiments on Tribo-Electricity. I.— The Tribo-Electric Series.

By P. E. S haw, B.A., D.Sc., University College, Nottingham.

(Communicated by Prof. E. H. Barton, F.R.S. Received May 24, 1917.)

Tribo electricity 1917.pdf

• Hope is not off topic but in my unorthodox understanding All things rubbing create plasma of some sort and when friction is high there’s chemistry and plasma happening together.

The guys at the Electric Universe contend that everything is behaving as a plasma at different rates and even clouds are a sort of plasma, hence the gases rubbing against themselves would also be behaving like a plasma to some extent, and under X ray influence even more so, hence your interest in tribo electricity is very justified, and the lack of literature about may be a gap of knowledge really in need to be filled to understand LENR and the LEC. Just some thoughts of a currently misfiring mind.

I have some papers that I have gathered in my search for LENT and a few are of tribo-reactions that have found anomalous compositions of the surface metals after the experiments.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• The researchers fabricated single crystals of methylammonium lead iodide and tested them on photocurrent generation while irradiating them with X-rays. They found 75% charge-collection efficiency in millimeter-sized crystals. This high-efficiency current conversion for X-ray radiation also matched the material’s high X-ray absorption coefficient.

They could have chosen something a bit easier to sythesis...

Facile Synthesis of Methylammonium Lead Iodide Perovskite with Controllable Morphologies with Enhanced Luminescence Performance
    Organic–inorganic hybrid perovskites with well-defined morphology have attracted much attention due to their unique photophysical properties. However,…
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Organic–inorganic hybrid perovskites with well-defined morphology have attracted much attention due to their unique photophysical properties. However, controlling the morphology of nanocrystalline perovskite to improve its photoelectric application remains a challenge. In this article, using a modified solution deposition method, we successfully synthesized uniform methylammonium lead iodide (MAPbI3) nanoplates, nanocubes, and nanorods and investigated the effect of morphology on the photoelectric properties of these materials. We found that the morphology can be controlled by regulating the amounts of reactant methylammonium iodide (MAI) and the rate at which MAPbI3 precursor is added into toluene solution, and that the corresponding size distributions can be optimized by tuning the final vacuum-drying temperature. The morphology has an obvious effect on the bandgap optimization and fluorescence enhancement of MAPbI3, and the nanoplates exhibit stronger photoluminescence intensity and have a longer carrier lifetime than nanocubes and nanorods. The results show that the morphologies of MAPbI3 perovskite nanocrystals can be controlled by tuning the synthesizing conditions, and the MAPbI3 perovskite nanocrystals with special morphology can be used in special nanosize optoelectronic devices.

• Hope is not off topic but in my unorthodox understanding All things rubbing create plasma of some sort and when friction is high there’s chemistry and plasma happening together.

The guys at the Electric Universe contend that everything is behaving as a plasma at different rates and even clouds are a sort of plasma, hence the gases rubbing against themselves would also be behaving like a plasma to some extent, and under X ray influence even more so, hence your interest in tribo electricity is very justified, and the lack of literature about may be a gap of knowledge really in need to be filled to understand LENR and the LEC. Just some thoughts of a currently misfiring mind.

I have some papers that I have gathered in my search for LENT and a few are of tribo-reactions that have found anomalous compositions of the surface metals after the experiments.

You correctly understood the plasma, due to them, spherical nodules, oil, minerals are formed, which geologists do not want to recognize. All of them are associated with the formation of magma, which is not even close. The formation of nodules pushes me on this path. You just did a great job and came to this yourself. Now we need to deal with small ball lightning, they will tell us the way to understand the processes: LENR!

• Despite the long-observed, ubiquitous nature of tribocharging, the actual physics governing tribocharging is not well understood, and multiple different mechanisms have been proposed over the past several decades.

Usually triboelectricity involves contact and reciprocal movement of some sort (either rubbing or contant + separation), but your not-so-obvious interpretation (triboelectricity as a measure of accepting or giving away electrons by some materials) may have some relevance within the LEC. In particular, if we have a ionized gas and two metals with different tendency to accept or giving away electrons, we have a mechanism for the spontaneous generation of a voltage. Interesting...

By the way, there are some mysterious phenomena related to triboelectricity: one si triboluminescence (blue/UV light emitted while crushing certain crystals, even organic substances such as common sugar), the other is the production of X-rays while unrolling adhesive tape. Both phenomena generate radiations that have much higher energy (frequency) than expected. (In both cases actually a strong charge separation is present, so the formation of EVOs may explain them).

• Scientists Created a New Kind of Metal Where Electrons Flow Like a Fluid

Scientists Created a New Kind of Metal Where Electrons Flow Like a Fluid
    In metals, electrons are normally expected to be diffusive in their movement, operating as individual particles – in other words, they don't gain momentum as a…
    www.sciencealert.com

"In metals, electrons are normally expected to be diffusive in their movement,

operating as individual particles – in other words,

they don't gain momentum as a group.

... scientists have now discovered a type of metal where electrons actually

do flow in a fluid-like way – like water in a pipe – by interacting with

quasiparticles called phonons, which emerge from vibrations in a crystal structure.

... "Raman scattering laser analysis showed that the vibration of NbGe2

changed because of the unusual flow of electrons, and finally X-ray diffraction

techniques revealed the crystal structure of the metal.

The mass of electrons was three times larger than it should be....

• Can someone summary the findings of the LEC replications so far?

Rereading all the papers from the recent conference. Continued reading and a quick full read of this thread gives me the barest understanding of it.

The LEC happens spontaneously, fairly easily,

It seems many feel the spontaneous output energy might be increased i.e. geometrically engineered or electrically engineered better. Also perhaps metamaterial/nano engineered (like a semiconductor) for increased spontaneous output.

Some ponderings on adding controlled energy (beyond simple heating) into the system to increase output significantly.

Hope my layman's synopsis helps. All in all these works are a huge success and well worth studying again.

NOTE

Sometimes something from left field helps... Harold Aspden, an old cold fusioneer recently departed, increased thermo voltaic efficiency by vector control of thermal waves and conductive switching in thin bimetal films...

This is from his amazing 1988 patent that revolutionized thermo electric conversion utility. It is cited by an impressive list of 63 others!

Thermoelectric energy conversion

An important aspect of the invention concerns a dynamic current excitation and involves apparatus characterized in that said electrical control unit comprises means for admitting a regulated current to flow through said junctions which is predominantly unidirectional and means for interrupting the current flow cyclically at a frequency in excess of 1 kilohertz.

Other inventive features concerned with fabrication and operation will be evident from the following detailed description, an important operating feature involving means for modulating the current cyclically at a frequency in excess of one kilohertz, which current augments and offsets the thermoelectric current at the respective A-B and B-A junctions to cause the weaker junction current to be minimal and the stronger junction current to be predominantly unidirectional but subject to cyclic interruption at the modulating frequency. Also, preferably, to achieve optimum thermoelectric power using base metal substances A and B, these must be respectively electropositive and electronegative in their electrical conduction characteristics at the operating temperature, It is also advantageous if at least one is ferromagnetic. Thus aluminium and nickel is a combination which can be used in implementing the invention. Furthermore, very considerable advantage arises from the use of planar metal layers which are thin films of such small thickness that the electrical conductivity is greatly increased relative to the thermal conductivity.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.