Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• Hope is not off topic but in my unorthodox understanding All things rubbing create plasma of some sort and when friction is high there’s chemistry and plasma happening together.

The guys at the Electric Universe contend that everything is behaving as a plasma at different rates and even clouds are a sort of plasma, hence the gases rubbing against themselves would also be behaving like a plasma to some extent, and under X ray influence even more so, hence your interest in tribo electricity is very justified, and the lack of literature about may be a gap of knowledge really in need to be filled to understand LENR and the LEC. Just some thoughts of a currently misfiring mind.

I have some papers that I have gathered in my search for LENT and a few are of tribo-reactions that have found anomalous compositions of the surface metals after the experiments.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• The researchers fabricated single crystals of methylammonium lead iodide and tested them on photocurrent generation while irradiating them with X-rays. They found 75% charge-collection efficiency in millimeter-sized crystals. This high-efficiency current conversion for X-ray radiation also matched the material’s high X-ray absorption coefficient.

They could have chosen something a bit easier to sythesis...

Facile Synthesis of Methylammonium Lead Iodide Perovskite with Controllable Morphologies with Enhanced Luminescence Performance
    Organic–inorganic hybrid perovskites with well-defined morphology have attracted much attention due to their unique photophysical properties. However,…
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Organic–inorganic hybrid perovskites with well-defined morphology have attracted much attention due to their unique photophysical properties. However, controlling the morphology of nanocrystalline perovskite to improve its photoelectric application remains a challenge. In this article, using a modified solution deposition method, we successfully synthesized uniform methylammonium lead iodide (MAPbI3) nanoplates, nanocubes, and nanorods and investigated the effect of morphology on the photoelectric properties of these materials. We found that the morphology can be controlled by regulating the amounts of reactant methylammonium iodide (MAI) and the rate at which MAPbI3 precursor is added into toluene solution, and that the corresponding size distributions can be optimized by tuning the final vacuum-drying temperature. The morphology has an obvious effect on the bandgap optimization and fluorescence enhancement of MAPbI3, and the nanoplates exhibit stronger photoluminescence intensity and have a longer carrier lifetime than nanocubes and nanorods. The results show that the morphologies of MAPbI3 perovskite nanocrystals can be controlled by tuning the synthesizing conditions, and the MAPbI3 perovskite nanocrystals with special morphology can be used in special nanosize optoelectronic devices.

• Hope is not off topic but in my unorthodox understanding All things rubbing create plasma of some sort and when friction is high there’s chemistry and plasma happening together.

The guys at the Electric Universe contend that everything is behaving as a plasma at different rates and even clouds are a sort of plasma, hence the gases rubbing against themselves would also be behaving like a plasma to some extent, and under X ray influence even more so, hence your interest in tribo electricity is very justified, and the lack of literature about may be a gap of knowledge really in need to be filled to understand LENR and the LEC. Just some thoughts of a currently misfiring mind.

I have some papers that I have gathered in my search for LENT and a few are of tribo-reactions that have found anomalous compositions of the surface metals after the experiments.

You correctly understood the plasma, due to them, spherical nodules, oil, minerals are formed, which geologists do not want to recognize. All of them are associated with the formation of magma, which is not even close. The formation of nodules pushes me on this path. You just did a great job and came to this yourself. Now we need to deal with small ball lightning, they will tell us the way to understand the processes: LENR!

• Despite the long-observed, ubiquitous nature of tribocharging, the actual physics governing tribocharging is not well understood, and multiple different mechanisms have been proposed over the past several decades.

Usually triboelectricity involves contact and reciprocal movement of some sort (either rubbing or contant + separation), but your not-so-obvious interpretation (triboelectricity as a measure of accepting or giving away electrons by some materials) may have some relevance within the LEC. In particular, if we have a ionized gas and two metals with different tendency to accept or giving away electrons, we have a mechanism for the spontaneous generation of a voltage. Interesting...

By the way, there are some mysterious phenomena related to triboelectricity: one si triboluminescence (blue/UV light emitted while crushing certain crystals, even organic substances such as common sugar), the other is the production of X-rays while unrolling adhesive tape. Both phenomena generate radiations that have much higher energy (frequency) than expected. (In both cases actually a strong charge separation is present, so the formation of EVOs may explain them).

• Scientists Created a New Kind of Metal Where Electrons Flow Like a Fluid

Scientists Created a New Kind of Metal Where Electrons Flow Like a Fluid
    In metals, electrons are normally expected to be diffusive in their movement, operating as individual particles – in other words, they don't gain momentum as a…
    www.sciencealert.com

"In metals, electrons are normally expected to be diffusive in their movement,

operating as individual particles – in other words,

they don't gain momentum as a group.

... scientists have now discovered a type of metal where electrons actually

do flow in a fluid-like way – like water in a pipe – by interacting with

quasiparticles called phonons, which emerge from vibrations in a crystal structure.

... "Raman scattering laser analysis showed that the vibration of NbGe2

changed because of the unusual flow of electrons, and finally X-ray diffraction

techniques revealed the crystal structure of the metal.

The mass of electrons was three times larger than it should be....

• Can someone summary the findings of the LEC replications so far?

Rereading all the papers from the recent conference. Continued reading and a quick full read of this thread gives me the barest understanding of it.

The LEC happens spontaneously, fairly easily,

It seems many feel the spontaneous output energy might be increased i.e. geometrically engineered or electrically engineered better. Also perhaps metamaterial/nano engineered (like a semiconductor) for increased spontaneous output.

Some ponderings on adding controlled energy (beyond simple heating) into the system to increase output significantly.

Hope my layman's synopsis helps. All in all these works are a huge success and well worth studying again.

NOTE

Sometimes something from left field helps... Harold Aspden, an old cold fusioneer recently departed, increased thermo voltaic efficiency by vector control of thermal waves and conductive switching in thin bimetal films...

This is from his amazing 1988 patent that revolutionized thermo electric conversion utility. It is cited by an impressive list of 63 others!

Thermoelectric energy conversion

An important aspect of the invention concerns a dynamic current excitation and involves apparatus characterized in that said electrical control unit comprises means for admitting a regulated current to flow through said junctions which is predominantly unidirectional and means for interrupting the current flow cyclically at a frequency in excess of 1 kilohertz.

Other inventive features concerned with fabrication and operation will be evident from the following detailed description, an important operating feature involving means for modulating the current cyclically at a frequency in excess of one kilohertz, which current augments and offsets the thermoelectric current at the respective A-B and B-A junctions to cause the weaker junction current to be minimal and the stronger junction current to be predominantly unidirectional but subject to cyclic interruption at the modulating frequency. Also, preferably, to achieve optimum thermoelectric power using base metal substances A and B, these must be respectively electropositive and electronegative in their electrical conduction characteristics at the operating temperature, It is also advantageous if at least one is ferromagnetic. Thus aluminium and nickel is a combination which can be used in implementing the invention. Furthermore, very considerable advantage arises from the use of planar metal layers which are thin films of such small thickness that the electrical conductivity is greatly increased relative to the thermal conductivity.

• We are... I describe this as 'a hypothesis'...

Gordon/Whitehouse hypothesize that the co-deposited surface emits radiation which ionises the free

hydrogen/air between the WE and the CE. These ions separate into positive and negative species and produce a voltage across the electrodes.

• Not proven yet.

I would be very conservative on this until robust measurements have confirmed this.

If you have a good idea or advice for a "robust measurement", please let us know.

Up to now we know that the gas become electrically conductive in both directions, and not only between the WE and CE, but also among other conductors set close to the WE (Frank tested this configuration). Also, the conductivity is not transient (does not decrease over time), but it is rather constant.

• Speaking of sensitive instruments, I've been using a Keithley 195A bench voltmeter for LEC measurements. This device has a CMOS input that is unterminated in the millivolt ranges, giving >1G ohm input impedance. Therefore, a 10 M ohm resistor in parallel with 0.1 uf cap was added at the input terminals. On the 100 mV range, around 10-15 mV is still seen even with the tips of a 1 meter shielded cable connected together. A lot of RF is also present - a fast scope shows a >500 mV p-p signal at the junction with a 10 M ohm probe, including a visibly modulated AM radio signal.

A periodic variation of around ±2 mV is also observed in the DC measurement, with a period of around 5 seconds .I'm pretty sure that this is a sampling artifact, generated by the effect of residual RF on the meter's digital input circuit. The spurious signal is largely reduced by adding a substantial ground wire from the shorted input junction to the lab's earth ground reference point, but I still have little confidence in the data collected so far.

So to summarize, measurement of millivolt-range DC at high impedance is tricky, due to susceptibility to RF and junction voltage effects. Such problems must be carefully mitigated before any experimental measurements can be made with confidence.

• The isotropic emission of tribo-generated x-rays from peeling adhesive tape [2020]

I remember an article in NATURE on the same subject about twenty years ago (maybe older, I don't know anymore). They didn't give an explanation at the time, but I think these x-rays are created by the "runaways electrons" produced by electrostatic discharges.