Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• ™Several presentations focused on montages that

spontaneously generate electricity

Two different electrodes, one of which is charged with hydrogen, are separated by a low gas thickness. A weak current flows between the electrodes,

a phenomenon of a weak amplitude without much practical application

for the moment but which is unexplained and deserves why we're interested. The history of science is rich in

examples in which small-scale phenomena

have led to deep questioning of the certainties pre-existing." End quoted

Thanks Alan Smith for this from the summary of IWAHLM-14 by Jacques Ruer. It ties in the relevance (my opinion) of the first observed thermo voltaic effect...

It being spontaneous/naturally occurring (like LEC effect) in bi-metal layers,

also it being of no or little utility (like LEC).

"....unit is to generate a net output of

electrical power, we must avoid that regenerative eddy-current syndrome in its pipework.

We do that by laminating the pipe assembly and avoiding its closed conductive sectional forma and the laminations are provided, not because we seek to use alternating magnetic induction, as in power transformer, but rather because we want to set up the non-linear thermal gradient and avoid a mismatch of thermally-induced EMFs which would otherwise promote unwanted current circulation. The circumferential magnetic field effects are thwarted by introducing a break in the

circuit path and tapping off the current flow by diverting into a battery... " Quote Harold Aspden - Fire From Ice - page 7

• Worth adding that this does not appear to be galvanism or a thermo-electric effect -though it might well be temperature sensitive, nor is it photo-electric. It appears to be something 'other'. And as Tallulah Bankhead said 'I do like a bit of the other'.

• Beyond co-deposition?

High temperature electrochemical charging of hydrogen and its application in hydrogen embrittlement research (2006) * Ming Au ∗ Savannah River National Laboratory, Aiken, SC 29808, United States

Abstract

A high temperature electrochemical charging technique was developed for effective introduction of hydrogen or tritium into the metallic materials to a high level in a short period of time. The samples of the steels and alloys, as the cathode, were charged in an electrochemical cell consists of Pt anode and molten salt electrolyte. After 3, 6 and 12 h charging, the 304 stainless steel absorbed 25, 45 and 60 ppm of hydrogen, respectively.

Correspondingly, the mechanical strength lost 10, 16 and 23%. The plasticity was also reduced to 20, 23 and 38%. The fractography showed the hydrogen embrittlement effect on the fractures. The electrochemical hydrogen charging technique was successfully used for introducing tritium, an

isotope of hydrogen, into the super alloys for visualization of hydrogen trapped in the microstructure of the materials.

It is found that the hydrogen is trapped at the grain boundaries, in inclusions and carbides. The deformed and twisted grain boundaries trap most hydrogen under stress.

• Would it be a wasted effort to ask these researchers to put a x ray sensitive plate near their samples?

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Curbina.

X-ray film? It's on my list.

Sorry Alan Smith , I know you have, I was thinking aloud about asking the Chinese researchers of the paper of the steel embrittlement you just posted, I took a look and understood they got a significant load of H in the metal and thought to myself if they would be aware of and/or willing to look for x ray emission in their embrittled samples, of course the ones with H,

not the ones with tritium,

those would totally affect the x ray anyway.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• HELIUM ANALYSIS OF PALLADIUM

ELECTRODES AFTER MOLTEN

SALT ELECTROLYSIS

BOR YANN LIAW and PENG-LONG TAO University of Hawaii

Hawaii Natural Energy Institute, 2540 Dole Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822

BRUCE E. LIEBERT University of Hawaii

Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2540 Dole Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822

Received October 15, 1991

Accepted for Publication May 1, 1992

Also

Eutectics: formation, properties, and applications
    Various eutectic systems have been proposed and studied over the past few decades. Most of the studies have focused on three typical types of eutectics:…
    pubs.rsc.org

• Ruby and David's new interview with our own Alan Smith about he and Matt Tilley's LEC replication:

Alan has a knack for explaining what is going on in simple layman terms. However, since I understand it better now after watching the video, I have more questions than before.

Good example starts at minute 23. Transcript: "To get anything for a long period, you would definitely need hydrogen, because iron is so readily oxidized. But that seems to be the only reason. It does improve the durability.of the experiment that is for sure. But it's not actually key, not required to run the experiment. Matt Tilley and I had it running in air."

• Robert Godes' comment in YouTube:

"People working on this should try attaching an ultrasonic transducer to the Iron cathode. This can be used to both listen to the sounds generated and drive compression waves through it that will likely cause a dramatic uptick in the reaction."

• For what it's worth, sometimes the noises are even loud enough to be heard without any amplifying device, but it depends on the plating characteristics and how hydrogen was loaded. Interesting to know that Godes is saying that it could be important in any case.

• "To get anything for a long period, you would definitely need hydrogen, because iron is so readily oxidized. But that seems to be the only reason. It does improve the durability.of the experiment that is for sure. But it's not actually key, not required to run the experiment. Matt Tilley and I had it running in air."

If this helps- you always need the co-deposited H2/D2 to see an effect, but if the working electrodes are not kept in a hydrogen atmosphere the co-deposited hydrogen will start to diffuse out of the very thin plated layer . So to keep the show running, a hydrogen atmosphere, which does not encourage rusting of the plated surface as well as maintaining the level of hydrogen inside the lattice is best.

But as JJ Thomson showed around 120 years ago, many gases and vapours can be ionised, not just hydrogen, and it is the ionisation of the gas between the plates by the (presumably) very low energy radiation we suspect the working electrodes are emitting which is hypothesised to be the source of the voltage. Equally important to note that this system will NOT work in a vacuum, but will start to work again if normal pressure is restored - further support for the ionised gas theory.

But neither Stevenson or I have been able to detect any radiation, which is presumably down in the sub 20keV zone. A Los Alamos staffer saw something, but could not say it was conclusive proof, probably using super-sophisticated equipment, Maybe the best evidence to support this is the old Rout/Srinavasan paper showing fogging of X-Ray films.

R. K. Rout, et al., Reproducible, anomalous emissions from palladium deuteride/hydride. Fusion Technol., 1996. 30: p. 273.

and- accessible version - https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RoutRKreproducib.pdf

Worth noting that this is of course, Pd/D work, but in his recent presentation at IWAHLM 14 Biberian confirmed that Pd/D and Pd/H both produce the votage effect. Sad that Rout/Srinavasan's paper was published 27 years ago and the exact nature of the emission that causes fogging is still a mystery.

• This presentation makes a brief mention of finding evidence suggestive of X-rays using CR-39.

The link should drop you in at the right moment.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In four replication attempts so far, I've seen only residual measurement effects. With 1.5 bar of H2, I saw 168 millivolts at 10 megohms load, which disappeared after shorting and slowly rose again over an hour or so. When measuring current, the voltage declining linearly to 2 mV at 100k and 600 uV at 10k load. However, the measured voltages were identical in Hydrogen or high vacuum environment. This is apparently a measurement base level resulting from leakage currents in the meter's FET input device. Similar measurement data was seen by a Labjack InAmp module. That device's AD623 chip has an input bias current of 17 nA, corresponding to 170 millivolts across 10 megohms.

These tests were of a brass cathode with HCl plating electrolyte as described by Gordon and Stevenson. I earlier found no evidence by EDX of Fe on the plated surface. Perhaps the Iron Sulfite plating bath mentioned by Alan Smith will be more effective, and I'll try that next.

• Perhaps the Iron Sulfite plating bath mentioned by Alan Smith will be more effective, and I'll try that next.

I couldn't get the HCl method to work. I'm sure I must have missed something there. The sulphate/citrate /ammonia mix works very well. You need a long slow plating regime to load hydrogen though- 72 hours at a fraction over 2 volts - low current -O.2A or less.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.