Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• This might be obvious to some- but these are test clips for a full 'how to' video. We live and learn, the camera angle needs to be improved...

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Excellent initiative Alan Smith ! An overhead angle camera could probably be the best for this purposes, but your test videos look very good. The LEC is "simple" but there's not such thing as a "simple experiment".

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• LEC - Jean-Paul Biberian,

Starting at 7:48

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• .Fantastic news! You two are writing history!

Thanks for your encouragement. Might take a bit longer to rewrite history, but Alan Smith and I will try our best :)

What was the trick? As far as I could tell from past tests, if the HCl concentration was too high, the iron would be dissolved away from the cathode at low currents.

Turns out that I got excited a bit too soon.

This was immediately after taking it out of the bath... looks nice and dark... i.e. some Fe.

Below was after doing some rinsing (and admittedly a bit of manhandling). Looking at this now after coming back from the lab it doesn't look so much like Fe but more Cu. Alan Smith - seems consistent with what we were seeing when we tried a second time before we left - what do you think?

Stevenson, It's really interesting that you were able to get plating so easily. Alan and myself have tried to match the concentration you specified in your report but not joy so far. We also tried to match the current density too. We are doing it it a much bigger jar... can that really make such a difference?

Electroplating is still a bit of a dark art to me right now... perhaps I should stick to physics haha.

• This was some Fe plating onto brass from the ferrous sulphate solution

Looks a lot more like iron. Alan Smith and I tried to look for voltage and current in a H2 atmosphere but didn't see any. The set-up was like this (below pic is from the acid plating from last post, but same set-up for this sample)

Brass counter electrode and teflon+glass mesh in between.

I've not go the time to write more detail but I'll put more in time. For now I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on it and hope to be able to get some better results soon.

• Many of you consider the LEC as a possible test system for LENR. The theory goes: iron from ferric chloride when plated on a electrode creates sites of nuclear activity. The nuclear sites are based on likely anomalous emissions like those observed by R.K Rout et al. In fact something causes ionization between electrodes in a gaseous medium. By using two electrodes and an ionized medium an electrochemical cell is created.

What if ferric chloride doesn't have to be plated? What if the current can be turned on or off by a magnet placed or removed from one electrode? I offer for you consideration a paper which I believe offers a system that is a power source and is related to LEC. Magnetic Control of Magneto-Electrochemical Cell and Electric Double Layer Transistor | Scientific Reports (nature.com)

Ferric chloride is a paramagnetic ion. The application of a magnet creates a force on ferric chloride which is balanced by diffusion. The concentration gradient occurs as shown in figure 1. An EMF was attributed to the ion concentration difference in the electrolyte based on the Nernst equation. Figure 2 shows the voltage turns on or off by placement or removal of the magnet but is not instantaneous. No voltage is induced if distilled water with phosphate buffer is used in place of the ferric chloride solution. The voltage curve grows when the magnet is applied and declines when the magnet is removed. The presence of water is necessary for the voltage and is maximal when ratio of water to Bmim approaches 1:1 presumably in volume %. Figure 3 shows the discharge performance and magnetic field dependence of the maximum EMF and Q.

The discussion on page 4 about the discharge curves of the MEC and EDLC is curious. The EDLC acts like a capacitor, but the MEC provides far more energy than expected for a capacitor mechanism (more than 1000 x). A capacitor has charge based on surface area. The energy input comes from energy supplied during placement of the magnet. In contrast, data provided in the supplement shows the energy available in MEC scales with volume of the electrolyte not surface area of the electrodes. The paper suggests that this extra energy is coming from an electrochemical reaction. They speculate the source of the electrochemical energy. Thermodynamically, their explanation does not make sense. Rather, it seems they have tapped some energy source.

The three connecting points between MEC and LEC are: both are electrochemical cells, both have some chemistry between iron and water, and one has plating with magnetic properties on one electrode and the other has addition of a magnet to one electrode.

Supermagnetic atoms are the catalyst for cold fusion in an electric arc as I have implied by mass balance and stoichiometry in other comments in this forum. I suspect that cold fusion occurs in MEC with the same chemistry. Further, the energy from cold fusion become available via the Nernst equation not because of ferric chloride concentration but because the nuclear reaction product of supermagnetic atoms is concentrated by a magnet on an electrode. The supermagnetic atoms provide the EMF. They decay from the supermagnetic (an energized state) to normal atoms by emitting a excited electron to an electrode. What do you think? Could MEC be a cold fusion cell?

Perhaps the same chemistry happens with LEC.

• You wrote -

I offer for you consideration a paper which I believe offers a system that is a power source and is related to LEC. Magnetic Control of Magneto-Electrochemical Cell and Electric Double Layer Transistor | Scientific Reports (nature.com)

I read the article ... The magnet, which was used, initiated the formation of clusters of free electrons, since they thus show their magnetic properties ... Pictures from the image of "electric charges" are a delusion of the authors of the article - there are no charges in nature ... In solution there is no movement of ions - this is nonsense invented by Faraday, who could not have modern knowledge in physics ... Draw conclusions!

• Stevenson, It's really interesting that you were able to get plating so easily. Alan and myself have tried to match the concentration you specified in your report but not joy so far. We also tried to match the current density too. We are doing it it a much bigger jar... can that really make such a difference?

Hi Matt! I guess there are some minor but relevant differences in your process compared to mine. For example I notice that your solution is greenish, this means that there is a good quantity of Fe2+ ions dissolved (my solution remains transparent till the end), and this in turn this imply that either the HCl concentration is high or the voltage/current is high. I used about 1/4 of 20% HCl (so the HCl was diluted) and about 3/4 tap water. But probably the key difference is the voltage: due to the geometry of my cell I had to use very low voltage to get the desired current densities. In particular, the reaction seems to proceede in two steps. At first the voltage is < 0.5V, and during this time there is consistent hydrogen evolution at the cathode, no plating is formed and nothing seems to happen at the anode (but I suspect that during this stage some Fe oxides are formed). After some time (about 4 hours in my case), the hydrogen evolution as well as the current decrease, so to bring it up to the previous level the voltage has to be increased to > 0.5 V (less that 1 V in any cases). At this point the cathode starts to plate with a black coating, and this goes on for the remaining 4 hours. At the end of the process the cathode is coated by a uniform and well adhered layer of iron (and/or iron compounds?), that is quite strongly magnetic.

• This could be useful too, although it's not as terse:

ELECTRODEPOSITION OF IRON AND IRON ALLOYS

Masanobu Izaki

From "Modern Electroplating", Fifth Edition

[PDF] ELECTRODEPOSITION OF IRON AND IRON ALLOYS - Free Download PDF
    1 11 ELECTRODEPOSITION OF IRON AND IRON ALLOYS MASANOBU IZAKI Iron plating is the principal material used for numerous a...
    silo.tips