Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• I'm hoping FrankG will be able to post more results soon, He's looking at some interesting temperature-related effects currently. I have had to stop researching LEC for awhile (sadly) since amongst other things I am undertaking a major lab re-organisation - new equipment and so on connected to my chemistry work.

• Personally I would find useful to have confirmations on whether the LEC effect can be actually observed also without a closed concentric cell, or if different/faster Fe deposition techniques similar to the ones used commercially work too (perhaps it actually needs to be done with mA currents or it will not work?).

Also, if a small cloud chamber could be able to observe particles emitted from the Fe-deposited piece that would be definitely intriguing and difficult to explain with artifacts, although here I was thinking that perhaps it's the embrittled samples which emit noises that could show something (but they were the ones with Fe deposited at higher current levels and/or organic compounds in the plating solution).

• The BIOSEARCH team (Sarasota) has just published a 22-page full-color report summarizing their work on the direct conversion of LENRs to electricity.

“A Study in the Direct Creation of Electricity from the interaction of Palladium with Hydrogen / Deuterium Gas”.

lenr-forum.com/attachment/19146/

Gathered by Charles Entenmann, Biosearch researchers have achieved undeniable results for almost 10 years, which are begining to be reproduced by other teams. I am very proud to have worked with them.

You can order a copy of this report which is available from the Infinite Energy Foundation with the September / October 2021 issue of INFINITE ENERGY. This is also the opportunity to subscribe to this excellent journal.

• Alan Smith

I mean confirmation from Frank Gordon himself on whether the effect is truly observed also with a similar arrangement in the atmosphere, without any enclosure. When I saw a voltage earlier on, in the end I had to conclude it was due to conduction through electrolyte residues on the spacers and electrodes, since deliberately wetting them with electrolyte would make the voltage stronger and more reliably observed regardless of the facing surface area (as long as indirect contact through the spacers was made). If this was an air ionization effect I would expect the voltage to be proportional with the surface area, but it looked like an ordinary chemical battery, not a LEC.

Because of this, I haven't attempted measuring whether a voltage was present in the latter tests with FeCl2 solution, only explored the deposition process that others seemed to have difficulties with. In this regard, I think the term "co-deposition" needs clarification, because hydrogen gas has been always generated at the cathode while simultaneously Fe got deposited in my tests, and if plating conditions are right it does not appear to take extensive periods for hydrogen to seemingly get embedded into the deposition layer (producing noises as a result).

In the plating industry, hydrogen embrittlement is known to occur if excessive amounts of gas are generated at the cathode, and that is usually avoided. Depositing Fe with lower currents would minimize hydrogen absorption, which seems against the desired goals in the LENR case (unless there are specific reasons for this that have not been explained yet, or if "co-deposition" has a different meaning in this or similar contexts in LENR).

• If this was an air ionization effect I would expect the voltage to be proportional with the surface area, but it looked like an ordinary chemical battery, not a LEC.

I would expect the voltage to remain pretty much unchanged- but current to increase with plate area. That's how it works with liquid electrolytes anyway.

• Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9 for “Biosearch”.

These terms were highlighted: Biosearch

fabrice DAVID Big Thanks and gratitude.

The Lenrforum search results link I posted above is useful...

We will see LENR Electric emergent along many fronts. I believe multiple 'layers' are needed, not two or three. Bushnell's latest comments lead me to attempt a new article...

• There appears to be an important detail in the Biosearch patent. It states that the free electrons are generated by the absorption of protons into a palladium (or similar) anode:

"Anode (Ionizing Material) hydrogen/deuterium gas absorbing material which releases ions and transmits electrons therefrom"

This implies that the plated cathode with co-deposited hydrogen of the Gordon LEC embodies a different form of the phenomenon. Or it may just be a labeling inversion, as the voltages shown in the Biosearch patent are negative polarity.

• This effect is also used in Proton-exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cells.

Good one Rob. Here's an excerpt from the Wiki article on such cells:

"Recently, researchers have developed a Fe/N/C catalyst derived from iron (II) acetate (FeAc), phenanthroline (Phen), and a metal-organic-framework (MOF) host. The MOF is a Zn(II) zeolitic imidazolate framework (ZIF) called ZIF-8, which demonstrates a high microporous surface area and high nitrogen content"

Note the use of Fe(II), and recall the earlier mention in this thread of adding Acetone to the Fe plating bath. The Zn(II) might conceivably be liberated from a brass plating cathode by an acidic electrolyte.

• If I apply electrolysis to a clean metallic cathode to make it absorb hydrogen, I can replace the anode with a new clean metallic electrode and see a voltage with appreciable current from the cathode that declines over time. Is this supposed to be a new effect? I assumed it was a standard chemical reaction.

• If I apply electrolysis to a clean metallic cathode to make it absorb hydrogen, I can replace the anode with a new clean metallic electrode and see a voltage with appreciable current from the cathode that declines over time. Is this supposed to be a new effect? I assumed it was a standard chemical reaction.

Are you talking about a wet system? If so remember that an electrolysis tank is also a lossy capacitor as well as (potentially) a chemical battery. Your explanation is too brief for me to determine more.

• Alan Smith

It was in reference to the previous suggestion about hydrogen absorbed in palladium producing a current. At face value (I can't see the patent in discussion linked anywhere) it does not seem substantially different from what happens with the cathode in an ordinary (wet) electrolytic system.

The electrolysis tank does not matter. The cathode can be taken out of the tank and brought in indirect contact with a clean counterelectrode through electrolyte-wetted paper, showing a similar voltage (0.75–0.85V) that declines with time (this is similar to what happened to my early LEC attempts). If the cathode can absorb more hydrogen (a graphite rod with a previously deposited Fe layer seemed to work well) the effect apparently lasts longer.

Isn't this the water electrolysis half reaction at the cathode?

• Isn't this the water electrolysis half reaction at the cathode?

I would say so. It's also a Voltaic pile pf sorts if you are using dissimilar metals and a conductive separator. But it has little to do with the LEC, which will operate very well with no contact and in a completely dry system at temperatures above the boiling point of water.

• Alan Smith

It also worked with two steel electrodes of the same origin. This in itself should indeed not be a LEC effect, but since the voltage appears to be in the same ballpark of that observed in actual LEC replications, that makes me wonder whether that's where the voltage comes from in those cases.

This could mean that the gas ionization suggested to be the mechanism allowing conduction in LEC cells is a separate effect from the voltage, and/or that under certain conditions in the presence of an air/gas gap rather than an electrolyte, hydrogen leaving the cathode (as it does in normal chemical processes) is also ionizing the gap.

So far I haven't been able to observe a voltage in the atmosphere with just a very small air gap and absolutely no point of contact between the two electrodes (not even indirect), which made me wonder whether a closed cell is necessary. I am still able to observe that if even electrolyte traces/impurities are present on the surfaces in common with both electrodes, a voltage can be seen also through relatively large distances without the electrodes even having to face each other.

I think the contactless property is the only one truly exclusive to the LEC, as ion conduction can in certain cases also occur through solids above the boiling point of water (proton/oxygen membranes, solid electrolytes, etc).

• FWIW, spillover hydrogen is known to cause a decrease in the electrical resistance of non-metal materials it migrates on. It might be worth investigating whether this can occur in a LEC cell. I stress the need to show that the voltage is observed also with absolutely no point of indirect contact between the electrodes.

Electrical conductivity study of hydrogen spillover on TiO2
    The nature of hydrogen spillover and the kind of the migrating particle has not been clarified completely until now. Investigations of conductivity ef…
    doi.org

[...] Two-component polycrystalline Pt/TiO2—TiO2 samples were used to guarantee that the conductivity changes (in the platinum-free component) are due to the adsorption of spilt-over hydrogen and not to a platinum—solid interaction or SMSI effects, as might be supposed for the Pt/TiO2 component. After adsorption of hydrogen a considerable increase in conductivity was found, at first only in the platinum containing Pt/TiO2 component. After some time (a few hours, depending on the distance between the electrical contacts and the interface between the two components) the conductivity increased in the platinum-free TiO2 component, too. A model of the donor mechanism of the spilt-over hydrogen is discussed to explain the experimental results.

• About the BIOSEARCH team.

Charles Entenmann is a member of the Entenmann family whose name is familiar to Americans. Entenmann’s bakeries produce very good Entenmann’s breads, cakes and donuts in many locations.

Charles Entenmann funded numerous philanthropic foundations. These include in particular the University Hospital of Sarasota, (Florida), the Roskamp Institute dedicated to research on Alzheimer's disease. Charles Entenmann took an early interest in Cold Fusion and supported the research of Alf Thomson and several researchers and journalists in the field of Nuclear Reactions in Condensed Matter. Charles Entenmann has developed with Alf Thomson a new type of revolutionary hemostatic and bacteriostatic dressing: “BIOSEAL”. He founded the BIOLIFE company and a factory was built in Sarasota. He also founded the BIOSEARCH company for innovative multidisciplinary research. Charles Entenmann attended the ICCF 18 meeting in Washington and immediately saw the potential of fusion diode technology.

(PDF) Self-Polarisation of Fusion Diodes: From Excess Energy to Energy
    PDF | Conventionally, the cold fusion reaction produces heat. (1),(2) The authors have sought a different approach, wherein the device has no input... | Find,…
    www.researchgate.net

He decided to set up a laboratory and assemble a team in the premises of the company Biosearch in Sarasota.

The team of the company Biosearch did an extremely important job: more than 1500 fusion diodes tested, with many pairs of metals and semiconductors.

The energy released was measured by both voltametry and calorimetry. Many calorimeters have been built.

Radiation measurements were carried out by many methods, in particular thanks to a fog chamber making it possible to visualize the trace of the energetic particles emitted.As you can see on this chapter of the Biosearch report, (page 7) They reproducibly observed the appearance of a spontaneous voltage and observed electric currents produced by fusion diodes. They recorded sustained tensions for more than 15 months.

They managed (briefly) to light a low-powered red light emitting diode.

• fabrice DAVID , can you share the link to the Biosearch report again? The one in your previous post is broken.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I am afraid there is no copy of this great report on the net yet. You can order a copy of this report which is available from the Infinite Energy Foundation with the September / October 2021 issue of INFINITE ENERGY. This is also the opportunity to subscribe to this excellent journal.

Picture : Charles Entenmann and the late Alf Thomson at ICCF 14 Washington DC.

The Biosearch Laboratories meeting room is now named after Alf Thomson.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.