Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• This work is important even if the current potential has not been optimized, as I am certain it can be.

A great team effort. Most are aware that Harper Whitehouse has longstanding experience with Global Energy Corporation, et al. Amazing! Bringing LENR Electric products to market... even as a trickle charger for bigger batteries.

Best wishes and high hope for success extended.

This is an early patent worth review.

Electrolysis Reactor System that Incorporates Thermal and Galvanic Controls to Provide Improved Hydrogen Production, Storage, and Controlled Release in Suitable Conductive Interstitial or Metallic Hydride Materials

US Patent Application for Electrolysis reactor system that incorporates thermal and galvanic controls to provide improved hydrogen production, storage, and controlled release in suitable conductive interstitial or metallic hydride materials Patent…

Publication number: 20160244889

Abstract: This application relates to the production, storage, and controlled release of hydrogen for use in the hydrogen economy. More specifically, it relates to a novel electrolysis system design that utilizes electrolysis of ionized vapors and gasses to produce and store hydrogen in a hydrogen host material and the capability to reverse the electrolysis potential to provide safe, controlled hydrogen release.

Type: Application

Filed: February 24, 2015

Publication date: August 25, 2016

Inventors: Frank E. Gordon, Harper J. Whitehouse, Stanislaw Szpak

Not sure about this information that Global Energy Corporation having a headquarters in Japan.

JedRothwell The site is Japanese can you see if is correct. If not I'll delete it.

From Apollo

Jay Khim - ceo - Global Energy Corporation | Business Profile
    View Jay Khim's business profile as ceo at Global Energy Corporation. Find Jay's email address, mobile number, work history, and more.
    www.apollo.io

• Jay (Wook) Khim CEO at Global Energy Corporation
    • Global Energy Corporation is a company based out of Japan.
    • Who are Jay Khim's colleagues?
    • Jay Khim's colleagues are Lawrence Forsley, Pamela Boss, Harper Whitehouse and Lina Ramos.
    • Website
      glec.co.jp

• US Govt. SPAWAR/JWK (Jay Wook Khim) / (GEC) Forsley et al patent, 2007 System and Method for Generating Particles

US8419919B1 - System and method for generating particles - Google Patents

Unusual patent history which speaks volumes of effort and tenacity. Filed 2007. Published and granted on the same day in 2013. Recently the rights have been extended to 2030. Many who think that cold fusion patents are not granted might find this of interest.

I certainly find it interesting and return to it searching for recent patents that cite this a priori patent. Sometimes a recent citing patent is an improved iteration of the old cited patent, othertimes a sister patent connected by a related research group. That's what I look for.

The 2007 System and Method for Generating Particles now has on its' list of citing patents this sister patent...

Lattice Energy Conversion Device

US11232880B2 - Lattice energy conversion device - Google Patents

Inventors: Frank E Gordon

Harper John Whitehouse

Application US17/334,562 events

2020-06-19

Priority to US202063041722P

2021-05-28

Application filed by Inovi Inc

2021-05-28

Priority to US17/334,562

2021-11-24

Assigned to INOVL, INC.

2021-12-23

Publication of US20210398767A1

2022-01-25

Application granted

2022-01-25

Publication of US11232880B2

US11232880B2

Here is another Sister Patent

A hybrid fusion fast fission reactor WO2009108331A2 Lawrence Parker Galloway Forsley Forsley Lawrence Parker Gallow Priority 2008-02-25 • Filed 2009-02-25 • Published 2009-09-03

74:975-995. (2003). [012] Boss, et al, filed U.S. Provisional Patent Application Serial No. 60/919,190, on March 14, 2007, entitled "Method and Apparatus for Generating Particles", which is incorporated by reference in its entirety and Serial No. 11/859,499, ['499]

• Seems relevant so I'm posting it.

Move if needed. It is a cited patent in the LEC patent. Fascinating the obscure references to early LENR.

Inventor Benzion Landa

Current Assignee Landa Labs 2012 Ltd https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170133956A1

• FIELD AND BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
    • [0001]The present invention, in some embodiments thereof, relates to energy conversion and, more particularly, but not exclusively, to a device and method for generating electricity.
    • [0002]Energy conversion systems receive energy in one form and convert it to energy in another form. A thermoelectric converter, for example, receives thermal energy and produces electricity.
    • [0003]One type of thermoelectric converter employs the Seebeck thermoelectric effect, according to which electrical current is generated between two junctions of dissimilar conductive materials. Seebeck-based thermoelectric generators are typically used as temperature sensors also known as thermocouples, but attempts have also been made to use thermoelectric generators for powering electronic circuits (see, e.g., International Patent Publication No. WO 07/149,185).
    • [0004]Another type of thermal energy converter is a thermionic converter which employs the thermionic emission effect according to which, at sufficiently high temperatures, electrons can be emitted out of a solid surface. Thermionic converters typically include a hot body and a cold body, with a thermal gradient of at least several hundreds of Celsius degrees. The hot body is kept at a sufficiently high temperature for the thermionic emission effect to take place (typically above 1000° C.). Electrons are emitted from the surface of the hot body and collide with the surface of the cold body, thereby generating a voltage across the gap between the surfaces. A description of thermionic converters can be found in U.S. Pat. No. 7,109,408.
    • [0005]The operating principle of the thermionic converter differs from that of the thermoelectric generator. One difference is in the nature of charge transport across the device. In the thermionic converter, charge transport is governed by motion of free electrons, while in the thermoelectric generator charge transport is governed by diffusion of electrons and holes in conductors that are in physical contact.
    • [0006]An additional type of heat converter is a thermotunneling converter,

NOTE

which employs a quantum mechanical tunneling effect according to which a particle can penetrate through a potential barrier higher than its kinetic energy. A thermotunneling converter includes a hot surface and a cold surface, and typically operates in vacuum. The surfaces are held sufficiently close to one another so as to allow electrons to move from the hot surface to the cold surface by tunneling.

Description of a thermotunneling converter is found in U.S. Pat. Nos. 3,169,200 and 6,876,123.

A hybrid energy converter which combines the thermionic and thermotunneling principles

is disclosed in U.S. Pat. No. 6,489,704.

NOTE

[0007]Also of interest is an essay by J. M. Dudley, entitled

“Maxwell's Pressure Demon and the Second Law of Thermodynamics”,

Infinite Energy Magazine 66

(2006) 21.

Dudley describes a device which includes a pair of aluminum plates with two fiberglass screens between the aluminum plates with a copper foil between the fiberglass screens. Dudley claims that a voltage drop across the device was increased when a pressure was applied on the aluminum plates.

Dudley attempts to dismiss ambient humidity so as to exclude or reduce the effect of electrochemical reaction and postulates that the voltage drop results from the tunneling effect.

• Dudley describes a device which includes a pair of aluminum plates with two fiberglass screens between the aluminum plates with a copper foil between the fiberglass screens. Dudley claims that a voltage drop across the device was increased when a pressure was applied on the aluminum plates.

This is interesting. I (and Matt Lilley) have seen similar behaviour in an experiment using teflon-coated glass-fibre barbecue mesh as a single spacer between a playing card size brass electrode placed on top of a very large block of aluminium. Pressure was applied by stacking lead weights on top of the brass. We put the phenomenon down to 'unknown artefact' possibly due to working in a cold and possibly damp lab.

• “Maxwell's Pressure Demon and the Second Law of Thermodynamics”,

Infinite Energy Magazine 66

(2006) 21.

This very interesting patent (which cites the Dudley experiment mentioned) describes something similar to the LEC, including the idea of modifying the surfaces by electrochemical means. It is actually described as a thermo-electric generator which does not require there to be a significant temperature gradient across the cell..

US20110148248A1 - Device and method for generating electricity - Google Patents

• describes something similar to the LEC

also of interest is the investigation of palladium tritide by Lawrence Forsley.

• Created a new dedicated thread for comments about the simposium videos here:

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• At the end of this second video, we have heard the second man close to Franck Gordon.

He said to plan some calculations to evaluate the speed distribution between faster ion or slowers.

This job was already done in french sorry, with results which said that helium and lithium could be faster than simple hydrogen.

So yes, it could exist a large speed difference between species.

Yes, in the case of a mixture of water vapor and hydrogen the mass ratio is quite similar to the Neon/atomic H ratio. This is why it is advantageous to fuel a cryogenic rocket engine with excess hydrogen. The temperature drops, which is good for the nozzle, the thrust also drops, but the specific impulse increases, and this is excellent for the rocket's orbital capabilities.

Obviously, part of the hydrogen is in diatomic form, but the contribution of the hydrogen atoms is important.

I suppose it's the same in Mr. Musk's methane Raptor engines. With an excess of methane, we find at the output a mixture of CO2, CO, H2O, H2 and H (not to mention the radicals and the ions)

But obviously, on engines suitable for atmospheric flight, the color of the flame indicates that there is rather an excess of oxygen in the take-off phase. That's weird for re-usable engines.

For the space version of the Raptor, I think Space X engineers will increase the methane percentage.

Anyway, the plume gases contain ions, it is a conductive fluid that can be re-accelerated by MHD.

Of course, you need a powerful, compact and light source of electrical energy, but that is precisely what this forum is discussing.

• Hi All,

My first post - I assembled a LEC to try to replicate a version of the Frank Gordon, Harper Whitehouse

experiment.

- WE 22.2 mm OD, 140mm long copper pipe, roughed up to a shine with medium steel wool

- plated in Ferrous Sulphate 125 gr, Sodium Citrate 125 gr, household ammonia cleaner 350 gr, 1.5 litre of tap water, heavy steel plate Anode with mill scale ground off

- ~200 mA for 6 hours formed a well adhered grey coat, a magnet is attracted to the iron coating

- Outer electrode was a black iron pipe nipple 27mm ID, mill scale on ID removed with brake cylinder hone to a shine

- WE insulated with o rings at each end to prevent shorting and thoroughly dried

- cell capacitance measured at 55.5 pf, cell resistance > 100 Megohm

- Voltage measured with Fluke model 83 multi meter 10 Megohm input resistance. Meter on mV range, .1 mV resolution

- 1 Megohm resistor across cell as a load

Observations: no voltage reading within +- .1 mV was observed during a 6 hour run

At this point on a hunch I placed one small drop of the electrolytic solution on the top o ring so that it bridged the WE and the outer electrode and immediately saw ~200 mV on the meter which was still present after one hour. In a later test, a droplet placed on the bottom of the cell showed a voltage (~25mV) and over 2 minutes the voltage swung slowly from positive to negative, perhaps as the droplet was moving from iron to copper scratches on the WE?

I wonder if some of the electrolyte solution could become entrapped in a heavy iron coating and be released later causing false positives in some experiments? I noticed some of the coatings from other attempts are heavy and flaky and show odd reddish craters.

• Kudos for the hands on approach. Please read the previous reports of replication that might get you a better idea, the ones by Stevenson and Alan Smith that were mostly positive, and the ones by magicsound that were positive but not as long lasting.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Hi Ken! Good to see another replication attempt!

Just a couple of notes, based on my experience:

• the CE (outer tube) you used is more or less the same material of the WE (the plated layers), so probably no voltage should be generated (the voltage depends on the metal pair used: try with a CE made of brass);
    • the plating solution you used gives a very good looking result, but according to other replications it is probably less effective than chloride salts and probably a lower pH;
    • the experiment with the drop is interesting, because an electrolytic solution between two metals gives more or less the same voltage of the LEC. My theory is that a ionized gas in the LEC behaves more or less as an electrolyte, so the same results are obtained, except for the current, that is about three to four orders of magnitude greater in case of the drop or accidental short;
    • the current in the LEC is a key measurement, because it is directly related to the presence and magnitude of the effect and measuring it may avoid/discover artifacts. So, try to include current measurements if you repeat the experiment.
    • the gap between electrodes you used is about 2.4 mm. Based on other replications, I think it is easier to observe the effect with a gap of about 1 mm or less.
  • My theory is that a ionized gas in the LEC behaves more or less as an electrolyte, so the same results are obtained, except for the current, that is about three to four orders of magnitude greater in case of the drop or accidental short;

Ken

Welcome to LENR Forum. I agree with Stevenson 's theory (above) that this is a battery with a gaseous electrolyte.

I share your concerns about electrolytes under the plating, but if there is no contact between electrodes other than gas this is not really a major issue- also Frank Gordon and Harper Whitehouse have recently done an experiment where they heated an old 'dead' working electrode up to 300C and it started working again. I also ensure everything is dry - a vacuum generally takes care of that

• Ken

Welcome to LENR Forum. I agree with Stevenson 's theory (above) that this is a battery with a gaseous electrolyte.

I share your concerns about electrolytes under the plating, but if there is no contact between electrodes other than gas this is not really a major issue- also Frank Gordon and Harper Whitehouse have recently done an experiment where they heated an old 'dead' working electrode up to 300C and it started working again. I also ensure everything is dry - a vacuum generally takes care of that

Ken

Is the Gordon\Harper cell not sealed though?. If so this would retain the solution.

• In this case the cell was dismantled, the working electrode was heated and the cell reassembled.

ETA- with regard to the sulphate/citrate electrolyte, I found that it needs to be freshly made, for some reason I don't understand it still works as a plating system, but very soon becomes less effective as LEC making system.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.