Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop

• Not at all.

Actually I also spotted this on the 'double triode' website you mentioned a few days ago and sent it to Frank and co.

@Curbiba is not strictly correct to say that Frank and Harper's Americium tests did not work at all, they calcumated after a couple of tests that they yould need a very large amount of americium to get results equivalent to those they were seeing with a simple co-dep LEC.

• Not at all.

Actually I also spotted this on the 'double triode' website you mentioned a few days ago and sent it to Frank and co.

@Curbiba is not strictly correct to say that Frank and Harper's Americium tests did not work at all, they calcumated after a couple of tests that they yould need a very large amount of americium to get results equivalent to those they were seeing with a simple co-dep LEC.

Well Alan Smith , you got me there, my statement is very imprecise. Albeit actually in their patent they mention failure to get the same effect with Americium, the proper way to say it is that they failed to get a voltage with a small amount of Americium they thought would be enough.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Microwatt, I think. (1000 times more than nano-blah.)

Well, again I was imprecise, I think the devices are producing energy at the milli volt x nano amp levels which would give micro watts, but taken on a per square cm the power level is in the nanowatts scale.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• One of the good ideas that may arise from reading this RCA document is to work at higher pressures, which is one of the mechanisms mentioned there to improve the direct radiation to electricity conversion efficiency. We know that the LEC doesn’t work in vaccuum, but how about working at Higher pressure, 3 Bar as an example? Has this been tried?

• Actually I also spotted this on the 'double triode' website you mentioned a few days ago and sent it to Frank and co.

The archive section of the "one-electron" website has quite a collection of old documents. Well worth looking through, if you are a fan of thermionic technology.

(Some of my earliest memories are of watching my dad soldering valve radio components. He lost interest in the hobby once semiconductors became the norm, but I still liked messing about with valve circuits as a kid.)

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• ome of my earliest memories are of watching my dad soldering valve radio components. He lost interest in the hobby once semiconductors became the norm, but I still liked messing about with valve circuits as a kid.

Mine too, just the same pattern. When I was a little kid we went to Petticoat Lanr in London and he bought a Mk19 (?) aircraft radar set which he turned into a TV we watched the coronation on.

• This comment via email from Ed Storms.

When the source of current reported by Gordon is evaluated, several facts need to be considered. He is measuring the net transfer of a negative charge. This eliminates He, TSC, D, or H as the major charge carrier. Frank measures a current near 500 micro amp, which is about 10^14 carriers/sec. If these charge carriers were a nuclear product, such as helium, he would be producing at lease 500 watts of power. This amount of power would be hard to ignore.

The only logical explanation is that each fusion reaction produces a large number of relatively low-energy electrons as one of the means by which the nuclear energy is dissipated. I showed that only a fraction of the energy is carried by the nuclear product itself. Apparently, Frank has identified where the rest of the nuclear energy is going and has provided the key to solving the mystery of the nuclear process. I suggest this observation be discussed and used to properly evaluate the various theories.

• Jürg, you don’t need to be snarky. You know this is still at the nanowatt stage.

As said there have been positive results with LENR (CF) electric cells :: https://brilliantlightpower.co…ions/Permeation082714.pdf

Cumulative gain 1.76. Together measured with the H* spectrum and binding energy as a verification.

So I simply expect one irrefutable measurement of a LENR reaction. The simplest one is to just produce excess current and let it run for a long time. If it stops then the experiment is inconclusive.

I propose to use Sm/Gd coatings which can be made by acetates. These coatings produce a gamma signature if something happens but only with Deuterium its given.

• Yes, i'm agree with him.

The nuclear energy from Lenr reactions is thermalized by the surrounding lattice.

So electrons from the nuclei of this lattice sometimes have enough energy to leave the lattice generating a current as in the LEC case.

However most of the time these electrons are moving to an upper level before coming down, this generating rather UV light.

This is also the way that used Rossi to produce direct current, by playing with electron variation of excitation.

This comment via email from Ed Storms.

The only logical explanation is that each fusion reaction produces a large number of relatively low-energy electrons as one of the means by which the nuclear energy is dissipated. I showed that only a fraction of the energy is carried by the nuclear product itself.

• So I simply expect one irrefutable measurement of a LENR reaction. The simplest one is to just produce excess current and let it run for a long time. If it stops then the experiment is inconclusive.

The problem is, with a gadget the size of a LEC in its present form, you would have to let it run for years or even decades before it exceeds the limits of chemistry. It only produces about as much power as a wristwatch button battery, which runs for 2 years. It must be a hundred times larger, although the active material is not that much larger than a button battery.

• I found this patent today, interesting in that the USPTO now lists Frank Gordon's patent under 'similar devices. This is a type of LEC where the electrodes are charged using ionised plasma. I have not yet had a chance to study it in detail, but I notice thei inventor says that the voltage generated has little or no relationship to the work function differences between electrode materials. He claims a new effect.

LEC plasma charged electrets.pdf

• I found this patent today, interesting in that the USPTO now lists Frank Gordon's patent under 'similar devices. This is a type of LEC where the electrodes are charged using ionised plasma. I have not yet had a chance to study it in detail, but I notice thei inventor says that the voltage generated has little or no relationship to the work function differences between electrode materials. He claims a new effect.

LEC plasma charged electrets.pdf

Great discovery Alan Smith , I just read carefully the first text page after all the figures and was enough to see the direct relationship to the LEC and also to realize this effect had been seen before and was already found interesting and potentially useful. It is also reinforcing the inventive character of the LEC.

• I hope to have some more news on this in 2023. I have been discussing a change of approach with Frank and Harper, we seem to have come up with the same idea at the same time. I can't tell you much more at the monute. But it seems to be yielding a dividend - they just improved on their best efforts so far by an order of magnitude, maybe more.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.