Ultra-dense hydrogen and Rydberg matter—a more informal general discussion thread

• Curbina

I just go on Holmlid's Researchgate page from time to time to check if anything new has been posted. Last time I checked, the total publication count was 247 and today that was 249.

I follow Holmlid and some of his projects on RG, and that often means I get a notice every time he publishes or comments anything, but it seems RG Is being economic with The notifications.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• In the latest paper (among others) that I linked a few days ago, Holmlid argues that the neutral kaons produced by the annihilation reaction are very penetrating and do not normally interact with organic matter, partially justifying why the observed radiation levels are not as high as expected.

Detection of spontaneous neutral kaons K0L and K0s from ultra-dense hydrogen H(0)
    We here report muon and gamma photon signatures from decay of neutral kaons K0L and K0sto complement the published results of kaon generation from…
    www.researchsquare.com

• Holmlid argues that the neutral kaons produced by the annihilation reaction are very penetrating and do not normally interact with organic matter, partially justifying why the observed radiation levels are not as high as expected.

This is not good news!!! This only tells that the containment must start 6 meter after the production zone where the Kaon decays into the highly damaging Pions/Muons/electrons sometimes neutrons.

• It does indeed appear according to Holmlid's suggestion that the choice is between having a heavily shielded reactor and concentrating the radiation there, or not having any shielding at all (or very little shielding) and distributing the radiation over a large area, meters away from the reactor.

• Wyttenbach

I am only saying that given the above information, from the point of view of the experimenter, the unshielded reactor would be safer, since neutral kaons—suggested in the excerpt I posted not to interact significantly with living matter—would decay mostly far away from it. Otherwise, with heavy shielding the reactor materials would soon become too dangerous to handle due to radiation from the decaying meson shower.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

• It is worth noting that the several PhD students/postdocs around Holmlid seem all to have left the field. Some of them, such as Badiei, Patrik Andersson, and Frans Olofsson have been first authors on various aspects of superdense deuterium. If it might be possible to have simple deuterion fusion above break-even it would be extremely important in the present dire energy and climate change situation. Doon't they believe in the possibility any more?

• It is worth noting that the several PhD students/postdocs around Holmlid seem all to have left the field. Some of them, such as Badiei, Patrik Andersson, and Frans Olofsson have been first authors on various aspects of superdense deuterium. If it might be possible to have simple deuterion fusion above break-even it would be extremely important in the present dire energy and climate change situation. Doon't they believe in the possibility any more?

This is an important aspect and we have wondered it also. At the moment we don’t have a precise answer but funding is probably one of the main issues, is it often the case that highly educated people has income expectatives that are hard to meet by engaging in research of controversial and not widely accepted topics.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Olofsson is still working in the field, I spoke to him about this at the IWAHLM conference- from memory he is currently checking out the Muon emission business. As Curbina indicates above, the other main research effort run by the Zeiner-Gundersen group has closed due to lack of funding.

• The main issue is probably that Holmlid's findings are likely more relevant for science at a fundamental level than solving the energy crisis in the near term, and PhD students in a hurry to get productive may not be patient enough to wait for that.

Another is that many of the observations rely on interpreting the results in a certain way and that's probably where disagreements may have arisen.

• PhD students in a hurry to get productive may not be patient enough to wait for that.

I think funding is a key factor, and Olofsson is able to continue because of this.

Another is that many of the observations rely on interpreting the results in a certain way and that's probably where disagreements may have arisen.

Again, we know from Olofsson interview with LENR-forum that he is not entirely sold on those interpretations and he is actively seeking further clarity on that aspect.

• Note that (Sveinn) Ólafsson is not to be confused with (Frans) Olofson, who coauthored several papers with Holmlid before 2015.

I think funding is a key factor, and Olofsson is able to continue because of this. Again, we know from Olofsson interview with LENR-forum that he is not entirely sold on those interpretations and he is actively seeking further clarity on that aspect.

I think if the reaction could be scaled up or even just be as large as suggested in some of the recent papers (e.g. >8000 times more energy out than the laser energy into the chamber as suggested here), it would basically pay for itself.

• Wyttenbach

Sveinn Ólafsson, who replicated most of the observations by Holmlid on UDH, is the idea that if each laser pulse caused the emission of high-energy particles in amounts comparable to what Holmlid has suggested (up to about 10^14 per laser shot), his own laboratory in Iceland would not be usable from the radiations. I believe he already mentioned that in the LENR-Forum interview posted last year. He's not seeing such effects, however, and presumably neither did Sindre Zeiner-Gundersen.

There's no doubt there is something worth investigating (the signal observed with the "muon detector" is still mysterious, even completely disregarding the mesons/muon hypothesis; and the traces seen in cloud chambers by Ólafsson and Zeiner-Gundersen could be important), but I very much think it's better to keep expectations down regarding the possibility in the near term of building commercial reactors for energy production based upon the observed effects, whether hot or cold.

• As said: If you like the most dirty process invented ever...Then go on.

Cold fusion can be clean. Ultra hot particle fission never!

cold fusion is clean because cold fusion do not create the excited state of 4He because small D2 has denser electron density between 2 d and denser electron shield the coulomb repulsive force between 2d. The heat cause stronger vibration of d-d to cause fusion by the shorter d-d distance.for this case no extra energy is needed and have a clean fusion no emission of neutron nor high energy gamma ray.

Laser fusion and Plasma fusion is a dirty because extra energy is needed to have fusion which create the excited state of 4He.

Thus cold fusion is by far better than these fusions to have extra energy to cause the excited state of 4He.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.