Ultra-dense hydrogen and Rydberg matter—a more informal general discussion thread

• I recall that Brilliouin Energy Corporation advertises that specific pulsation is required for their process, although this

does not seem to have plasma discharge but more controlled electrolysis. Maybe unrelated.

I would agree with muon detectors required at almost all types of LENR reactions. If only they were easier and cheaper to obtain.

I believe that in the gas-loaded system they pass intense sharp pulse trains through the active material at a presumably resonant frequency to increase efficiency, but I haven't read much about their older electrolysis system.

The discharge events occurring on the cathode in plasma electrolysis are likely to be "sharp", but a single event will not be very energetic. When I checked the spontaneous RF spectrum of the plasma electrolysis reaction (i.e. the result of MHz rate micro arc discharging) I found it to be similar to 1/f noise.

As for muon detectors, one issue is that not just any muon detector (for instance intended for cosmic rays) will work. Otherwise, I tried a cheap webcam-based detector with inconclusive results (heat and background radiation affected noise and the number of detection events observed; strong EMI from the reaction occasionally caused it to stop working; I haven't been able to observe an event increase clearly attributable to the testing).

• This claims to be a $100 (approx) muon detector designed by an MIT student.

http://cosmicwatch.lns.mit.edu/

We discussed this one earlier Alan.

Good quality detectors that are compact and affordable do not yet exist.

This is a crucial component required for LENR breakthrough.

I had a short conversation with Sindre Z Gundersen on this.

Sindre has some ideas to at least improve the debatable PMT method Holmlid used in the past.

In case the proposed workshop would occur, we could ask him to share his ideas about this topic.

• If the spectra observed with the PMT method are not that useful due to issues that I believe are to be detailed in an upcoming publication, the system could be simplified and made less expensive by omitting the multichannel analyzer part. Then, just the average signal amplitude over time could be monitored, which I believe is what Sveinn Ólafsson and Sindre Zeiner-Gundersen are doing in their laboratories.

Possible alternative detectors, at least for the tiny "spontaneous signal" (the one arising just from gas admission through heated catalysts), should have similar very low background noise, very high gain and fast response, but I don't know what other affordable device may have these properties.

The laser-induced signal is instead more akin to an EMP and could be measured with various instrument types also on the cheap side, although a fast oscilloscope would be ideal.

• The resonant frequency is within the THz infra red range or 2Xthe green laser 495nM range Holmlid is using. Thus in an appropriate fusion reactor we can simply generate HEAT and achieve a CRITICAL MASS of - and + muons, protons, neutrons, pions and Kaons (a selection of QUARKS too). You are not looking at this LENR fusion reactor problem correctly. Its all much simpler than you think if you accept @Wyttenbach's new physics and Leif HOLMLID'S work with NORRONT FUSION as being FACT not just likely or probable. Time to throw Heisenberg's uncertainty principle out of the window too. :) :) :) .

• Actually an infrared laser has been used in most of the last experiments performed by Holmlid. The Nd:YAG head in these laser systems generally emits infrared light at 1064 nm that can be turned into green light at 532 nm with a separate unit (frequency doubler).

I think the underlying suggestion is that since longer wavelengths will allow more photons to be emitted per unit of energy, they will be more efficient for triggering UDH for meson release. Or at least this is what I understand from this excerpt here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S0094576520303179

5. Efficiency

Each laser pulse in the laboratory experiments contains 1018 photons each with an energy of around 1 eV. [...]

The annihilation process is initiated by the transfer of H–H pairs in small H(0) clusters H3(0) and H4(0) [24] from spin state s = 2 to s = 1 [4]. Not all photons in the laser pulse will interact with such pairs in small clusters, since H(0) is mainly in the form of chain clusters H2N(0) at various s levels [4]. This is the reason why the laser pulse with 1018 photons gives (only) 1013 mesons. This is anyway the highest rate and density of meson formation ever attained.

Perhaps a Q-switched CO2 laser (10.6 µm) or longer wavelength will work even better for the same pulse energy.

Commercial laser lines - Laser - Wikipedia

• There are numerous articles on muon detectors at ResearchGate.

This one seems an interesting one (for those who have access to the full article).

Abstract

Almost all experimental apparatuses at existing colliders employ large muon systems located after all other subdetectors. Given the large size of most of the experimental detectors, the existing muon system has to cover areas of a few thousand square meters. It can be anticipated that future detectors at future colliders will be even larger in size. Therefore, for a practical reason of cost, the most suited detectors to realize these large muon systems are gas detectors. In particular, in recent years, Micro-Pattern Gas Detectors (MPGDs) have enjoyed very interesting developments, providing several new types of detectors with very good spacial and time resolution, high-rate capability and high radiation tolerance. MPGDs also have the distinct advantage of being, at least for some detectors and some parts of them, mass produceable by industry, since they employ materials and manufacturing procedures that are extensively used for Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) production. A particularly innovative MPGD, the μRWell, is described as a possible candidate to build large muon systems for future colliders. The results obtained so far with this new technology are reported.

This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No. 654168.

The designer is member of the Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), Italy.

There are 5 references to the article at the same page of the link given above. Two of those have full access articles.

• More on the above...

Abstract—During the Fall 2018 semester, a 10cm by 10cm
    micro-resistive well detector was investigated and constructed by
    undergraduate researchers in the High Energy Physics (HEP)
    Research group at Florida Tech. The detector will undergo a
    series of quality controls to assess its performance.

https://research.fit.edu/media/site-specific/researchfitedu/hep/heplaba/documents/publications-and-reports/internal-research-reports/rwellreport.pdf

• A reliable muon detector would of course be great to prove/disprove Holmlid’s hypothesis that lots of (something like ~10^13) muons are emitted per laser shot.

But are there other methods?

Let’s say you have access to a Holmlid reactor and a good lab - what experiment would you run?

• milton Holmlid has stated that most reported LENR results very likely are all based on the production of UDH/UDD. Depending on the application excess energy might be caused solely by energy that is created by the condensation of Hydrogen or Deuterium Rydberg Matter or by the effects that released muons create (think of energy released cause by transmutation of elements) or a combination of them.

The big question is: is Holmlid right?

Having an accurate and affordable muon detection as part of the measurements on in particular the LENR processes that produce transmutation could give a very significant hint that Holmlid assumption may be correct.

what experiment would you run?

I would love to see muon measurements on the very promising work of Iwamura (Clean Planet). Iwamura did report transmutations, but, as far as I know, never performed a check on the presence of (negative) muons.

Similar, the Aureon project. They also reported significant amount of transmuted elements without performing a check on the presence of (negative) muons.

Last but not least NASA's lattice confinement fusion experiments that also show transmutations.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.