Ultra-dense hydrogen and Rydberg matter—a more informal general discussion thread

• It took almost two years but this article from Leif Holmlid was finally published

Muon-catalyzed fusion and annihilation energy generation will supersede non-sustainable T + D nuclear fusion - Energy, Sustainability and Society
    Background Large-scale fusion reactors using hydrogen isotopes as fuel are under development at several places in the world. These types of fusion reactors use…
    energsustainsoc.biomedcentral.com

I followed since it was a preprint, and it underwent the process twice before getting accepted.

Muon-catalyzed fusion and annihilation energy generation will supersede non-sustainable T + D nuclear fusion

Abstract

Background

Large-scale fusion reactors using hydrogen isotopes as fuel are under development at several places in the world. These types of fusion reactors use tritium as fuel for the T + D reaction. However, tritium is not a sustainable fuel, since it likely will require fission reactors for its production, and since it is a dangerous material due to its radioactivity with main risks of release to the environment during tritium production, transport and refuelling operations. Thus, widespread use of fusion relying on tritium fuel should be avoided. At least two better methods for producing the nuclear energy needed in the world indeed already exist, using deuterium or ordinary hydrogen as fuel, and more methods need to be developed. It should be noted that the first experiments with sustained laser-driven fusion above break-even using deuterium as fuel were published already in 2015. Similar results for T + D fusion do not exist even after 60 years of development, which gives no confidence in this approach.

article is open access, as all Holmlid’s articles.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Thanks for copying this post here, I had forgot to recommend a thread for discussion of the paper.

The main difference between the final version and the pre print version is the annex of graphs and tables backing up some of the assertions, in general terms I think is great this paper was finally published.

Now, on other topic, has anyone heard or been in contact with can ? He hasn’t logged in for a good while and I fear he might have had some health issue.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• "Qualifications
    Work experience
    Requirement
    Laboratory assistant - experience required

about the job
    About Bravura:

Bravura is a staffing and recruitment company for organizations that want to find Next Gen Professionals. We have lots of job opportunities, especially for you at the beginning of your career with 0-8 years of experience. Through us, you can work as a consultant or be recruited. Find your dream job - we help you succeed!

About the service:

This is a consulting assignment with good opportunities for over-recruitment. In this role, you will initially get a job with Bravura, and it is stated that the company intends to offer you a job with them in the long run. This gives both you and the company a good opportunity to get to know each other and evaluate how you feel about your collaboration.

About the company:

LazeraH AB started in Gothenburg in 2021. The company's goal is to commercialize parts of the research results that prof. Leif Holmlid worked at the University of Gothenburg. LazeraH focuses on work in renewable energy, with nuclear physics as an area of expertise. LazeraH is owned by prof. Holmlid, together with private investors. The company's financial position is strong and there is a clear growth ambition and strategy for the coming years.

Tasks:

In the role of research assistant, you are offered a varied position with good competence development opportunities where you mainly support the company's research team in their daily work. Your duties include performing experiments in a laboratory environment and you will learn how to use a high-energy laser and associated measuring instruments. In addition, you compile and present the measurement results in the form of technical reports and internal discussions. Furthermore, you help to produce technical documentation at the same time as you handle other administrative tasks such as purchasing. For a person who has experience of programming, there are good opportunities to be involved in developing a system for handling and analyzing data.
    Here you will be part of a small, young and competent team with good cohesion and you will be offered a solid introduction where you can follow your colleagues in their working day, in order to effectively familiarize yourself with your upcoming tasks.

Education, Experience and personal qualities:

• University education / college education in science, preferably physics or chemistry
    • Experience of working in a laboratory environment
    • You have an interest in measurement technology and data management
    • Very good knowledge of Swedish and English, in both speech and writing
    • Merit with experience in programming

To thrive in the role of research assistant, you are a person who takes great ownership of your responsibilities, the execution of these and ensures that everyone is performed according to developed protocols. In addition, you are meticulous in your work and have an ability to keep and create structure. You have a logical approach, prefer to rely on data and approach problems from a scientific and analytical perspective. Furthermore, you are helpful and you always stand up to support others, regardless of whether it is part of your duties or not. Finally, you have a good communicative ability, you are comfortable with other people and you see a great value in collaborating.

Other information:

Start: By appointment
    Salary: By agreement

Thinking about Bravura's recruitment process? You will find answers to the most common questions here

Are you curious about how our recruitment process is structured? You can find more information here: https://www.bravura.se/din-karriar.

If you have questions about the service or about your registration, you are welcome to contact our candidate support on our chat, [email protected] or 08-400 240 50 and we will help you. Specify the service in question.

We recommend that you submit your application immediately as we make an ongoing selection. Welcome with your application!

Keywords:
    About the employment
    Salary According to the agreement.
    Salary type: Fixed monthly, weekly or hourly salary"

Annons-Id: 25707343

Publicerad: 28 februari 2022, kl. 09.03

• This is really good news that Leif Holmlid has been presumably granted the money for the salary to take on another research assistant to work on his patented 'muon generator'! At least his own university takes his work seriously unlike the rest of the academic physics world. I hope can is OK.

• can
    I am not sure you still follow LF on a regular basis, but I have a thought on UDH/UDD that I would like your opinion on.

Some LENR scientists observe bright light when operating their setups. Examples: BLP, Rossi.

In general light is generated when excited electrons 'fall back' to a lower energy level.

That made me wonder whether release of EM radiation ever has been reported in the case of atoms having Rydberg state that return to 'normal' state. In addition, EM radiation will also be released when normal Hydrogen condenses to UDH. Question is whether that would fit into the visible light frequency range though.

• That made me wonder whether release of EM radiation ever has been reported in the case of atoms having Rydberg state that return to 'normal' state.

You probably know this, but Sveinn Olafsson mentions in his presentation at ICCF-23 (10 min into the presentation) that the first thing Leif Holmlid sees during experiments is a big flash of light.

• Sveinn Olafsson process (potassium, iron oxide surface + hydrogen and a laser, correct?) and Brilliant Light Power's (molten tin and electrical discharges) light production is similar to the ASML chip making machines that create EUV (EUV peak somewhere between 3 and 7 nm [Edit, actually it might longer than this] but I have not found a good source of info on this) from 50,000 laser pulses per second + molten tin droplet + hydrogen.

EUV Challenges And Unknowns At 3nm and Below
    Rising costs, complexity, and fuzzy delivery schedules are casting a cloud over next-gen lithography.
    semiengineering.com

quoting:

EUV is complicated. In operation, laser pulses are generated. In the system, the pulses hit tiny tin droplets at high speeds, creating photons. Photons bounce off several mirrors within the scanner. Then, photons reflect off the mask and onto the wafer for patterning.

Inside the machine that saved Moore’s Law
    The Dutch firm ASML spent $9 billion and 17 years developing a way to keep making denser computer chips.
    www.technologyreview.com

EUV Challenges And Unknowns At 3nm and Below
    Rising costs, complexity, and fuzzy delivery schedules are casting a cloud over next-gen lithography.
    semiengineering.com

To create EUV light, Cymer uses an approach called laser-produced plasma, which fires 50,000 microscopic droplets a second of ultrapure molten tin across a vacuum chamber, hitting each with powerful CO2-laser light generated by a series of amplifiers derived from a design originally used for metal cutting. When a laser pulse hits a molten tin droplet, it heats it up into an EUV-emitting plasma. A collector mirror reflects light created in this process and casts it into the scanner. Because the approach generates EUV light as well as tin debris, hydrogen gas constantly flows across the collector mirror to keep it from being rapidly covered with a layer of tin.

“The first time I heard about it, I thought it was insane,” admits ASML’s Alberto Pirati, who joined the company’s EUV light-source program in early 2013. But little by little, the team achieved the seemingly impossible. One of the biggest breakthroughs came with the introduction of a technique the Cymer team began exploring before being acquired by ASML. They found that if they fired a “prepulse” before the main laser, they could flatten each tin droplet into a pancake, creating more surface area for the main laser to hit and increasing how much of the tin droplet was converted to plasma. The change has boosted the laser-to-EUV conversion efficiency from a meager 1 percent to some 5 percent. Earlier this year, thanks to the prepulse and other optimizations, ASML reported that it had reached 200 W in the lab. Another light-source developer, Gigaphoton, has also reported great progress. The long-awaited production target of 250 W no longer seems far off. But the true test of whether EUV is ready to go into production will happen in the labs and fabs—and spreadsheets—of ASML’s chipmaking customers.

• Sveinn Olafsson process (potassium, iron oxide surface + hydrogen and a laser, correct?)

Researchers, like Sveinn, that investigate Ultra Dense Hydrogen, do not apply tin.

Brilliant Light Power's (molten tin and electrical discharges

BLP does not apply lasers

The EUV light source ASML applies is an intriguing technology, but is not related to UDD/UDH.

This EUV light source has an efficiency of only 5 % max according the cited article.

I think you suggest that hitting a metal surface with a laser pulse may create additional light emitting (dusty) plasma.

The phenomenon mentioned by Sveinn during the presentation produces clearly much more visible light than the source laser is generating (efficiency >> 100 % ). Besides, in his setup the laser does not hit the hardware target but is aimed just below its surface (as shown at time slot 8:32 in the presentation video).

• Personally I think that what Sveinn presented here may be related to the process of forming UDH as suggested by Holmlid and Sindre, described by can in post #250.

?thumbnail=1

Here the presence of Potassium Rydberg Matter is catalyzing the formation of Hydrogen Rydberg Matter by transferring its energy. Adding an external laser pulse may speed up this process by transferring additional energy to the available Hydrogen Rydberg Matter. As I suggested, the condensation of Hydrogen Rydberg Matter to UDH very likely releases the observed intense light. Note, I do not mean the light emitted when Hydrogen Rydberg Matter de-excites to ordinary Hydrogen, generating IR photons, see also post #94 of this thread, but in particular those Hydrogen Rydberg Matter clusters that further de-excite to UDH.

• You are quite right about the YAG laser producing the effect speedily, but I believe that once established even the flourescent lights in the lab will trigger muon emissions.

I am not discussing muon emission here however.

There are three types of energy potentially being generated when it comes to UDH:

- Condensation energy (de-excitation of the electron to extreme low energy 'orbit').

- Muon catalysed fusion. Destruction of UDH into subparticles, e.g. negative muons which in turn cause hydrogen to fuse.

- Annihilation energy where mass of sub particles is converted to (kinetic) energy.

The light emission caused by condensation is what currently is being discussed.

It might in turn also trigger UDH into the other mentioned energy types, but in principle UDH is a very stable state of Hydrogen according to Holmlid.

• About the company:

LazeraH AB started in Gothenburg in 2021. The company's goal is to commercialize parts of the research results that prof. Leif Holmlid worked at the University of Gothenburg. LazeraH focuses on work in renewable energy, with nuclear physics as an area of expertise. LazeraH is owned by prof. Holmlid, together with private investors. The company's financial position is strong and there is a clear growth ambition and strategy for the coming years.

That sounds very familiar to me.... Didn't he (Holmlid) try to achieve the same with Norront? Why a new company and Norront was sent to bancruptcy?

Any logic behind this?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.