Ultra-dense hydrogen and Rydberg matter—a more informal general discussion thread

• I have been looking at Holmlid’s work with fascination, but also misgivings. He is a very creative man with great visions, but perhaps his imagination carries him beyond what his experiments show. So, I prefer to focus on the basic observations: the observation of charged particles, some of more than 10 MeV, after exposure to focused laser pulses very close deuterium on an iron-oxide catalyst; the observation of heat close to break-even, and the formation of neutrons. He may have the answer to the world’s energy problems. Therefore, it is very important that his work be replicated. According to the videos at the ICCF-21 by Olafsson and Zeiner-Gundersen it took them months before they saw what Holmlid and his students saw. It is not quite clear what the problems were and how they were resolved.

I have proposed some very simple experiments which do not require very sophisticated equipment except access to a suitable neodynium-YAG pulsed laser (DOI:10.13140/RG.2.2.26633.31840, DOI:10.13140/RG.2.2.26032.23044/2). It is not necessary with a high vacuum, because both the Holmlid heat and neutron experiments were at deuterium pressures from 1 mbar to 500 mbar. I have proposed the use of potassium promoted iron-oxide catalyst and titanium deuteride, as Holmlid has suggested that the active component begins with “free” D atoms.

In view of the initial difficulties of Olafsson and Zeiner-Gundersen, these simple experiments are a long shot. However, a possible positive outcome would be extremely important.

• I have been looking at Holmlid’s work with fascination, but also misgivings. He is a very creative man with great visions, but perhaps his imagination carries him beyond what his experiments show. So, I prefer to focus on the basic observations: the observation of charged particles, some of more than 10 MeV, after exposure to focused laser pulses very close deuterium on an iron-oxide catalyst; the observation of heat close to break-even, and the formation of neutrons. He may have the answer to the world’s energy problems. Therefore, it is very important that his work be replicated. According to the videos at the ICCF-21 by Olafsson and Zeiner-Gundersen it took them months before they saw what Holmlid and his students saw. It is not quite clear what the problems were and how they were resolved.

I have proposed some very simple experiments which do not require very sophisticated equipment except access to a suitable neodynium-YAG pulsed laser (DOI:10.13140/RG.2.2.26633.31840, DOI:10.13140/RG.2.2.26032.23044/2). It is not necessary with a high vacuum, because both the Holmlid heat and neutron experiments were at deuterium pressures from 1 mbar to 500 mbar. I have proposed the use of potassium promoted iron-oxide catalyst and titanium deuteride, as Holmlid has suggested that the active component begins with “free” D atoms.

In view of the initial difficulties of Olafsson and Zeiner-Gundersen, these simple experiments are a long shot. However, a possible positive outcome would be extremely important.

Dear Engvild , we are happy to see you commenting. We already had taken notice of your proposed experiment in the previous page of this thread:

can

I think your proposal is reasonable. It is still a non trivial experiment, but certainly less sophisticated than Holmlid's have been.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• UDH (H*-H*/D*-D*) only forms under high vacuum condition. Spins must be able to align in para state.

The paper on the catalysts for UDH production by Holmlid et al. suggests that it is formed even at many bar of pressure, since it is possibly directly involved in catalytic processes in ordinary industrial reactors.

Production of ultra-dense hydrogen H(0): A novel nuclear fuel
    Condensation of hydrogen Rydberg atoms (highly electronically excited) into the lowest energy state of condensed hydrogen i.e. the ultra-dense hydroge…
    doi.org

[...]

• Unfortunately the Zeiner-Gudersen family are no longer working in this field, Leif Holmlid is in very poor heakth, so Olafsson is the only one studying this. And he has doubts about muon emissions, but if not muons, then what? He hopes to find out.

• The paper on the catalysts for UDH production by Holmlid et al. suggests that it is formed even at many bar of pressure, since it is possibly directly involved in catalytic processes in ordinary industrial reactors.

Here you mix up liquid and gas. Please just start to think about the difference in speed of a free gas atom and a liquid molecule, then you have the answer...

• Several of the catalytic industrial processes also listed in the paper linked above use gaseous reactants.

Styrene catalysts have pores what leads to a diffusion layer shielded from kinetics.

The question is whether you want to have clusters of H*-H*/D*-D* or single molecules. Especially for H*-H* as seen in industry this never leads to H-H fusion. It only delivers the catalyst energy.

• Wyttenbach

It has been suggested in the past that the nuclear reactions observed by Holmlid originate from the small UDH clusters, which you might call single molecules. The loosely-bonded (and very large) superfluid chain clusters, the ones that Holmlid et al. suggest in the paper linked earlier to be the source of reactive H atoms in catalyzed reactions, do not seem to be involved.

In Holmlid's publications the same nuclear processes are observed both in H and D. Previously, I posted an excerpt where he suggests "looking for muons" (using a suitable detector, which may or may not actually be seeing muons) from ordinary catalytic reactors:

• The loosely-bonded (and very large) superfluid chain clusters, the ones that Holmlid et al. suggest in the paper linked earlier to be the source of reactive H atoms in catalyzed reactions, do not seem to be involved.

Chains are just magnetically connected H*-H* as Mills did show in an impressive video. H*/D* always occur in pairs. There is no single=free H(0)/D(0) .

Holmlid claims that his reaction comes from regular clusters like 13H*,19H*, 31H*. For 4-He fusion with muons you minimally need 9H*.

The spectra from H*/D* are quite different as Holmlid said in a private communication especially in respect to muons.

• Chains are just magnetically connected H*-H* as Mills did show in an impressive video. H*/D* always occur in pairs. There is no single=free H(0)/D(0) .

I did not write that H/D(0) atoms exist in isolation.

Holmlid claims that his reaction comes from regular clusters like 13H*,19H*, 31H*. For 4-He fusion with muons you minimally need 9H*.

From the abstract of the paper I linked:

The spectra from H*/D* are quite different as Holmlid said in a private communication especially in respect to muons.

The spectra may be different but the annihilation nuclear processes suggested by Holmlid occur with both, which is what I meant.

Laser-induced annihilation: Relativistic particles from ultra-dense hydrogen H(0)
    Particle annihilation means that nuclear particles annihilate each other (for example nucleons like a neutron and an anti-neutron) and generate shower…
    www.sciencedirect.com

• Unfortunately the Zeiner-Gudersen family are no longer working in this field, Leif Holmlid is in very poor heakth, so Olafsson is the only one studying this. And he has doubts about muon emissions, but if not muons, then what? He hopes to find out.

I posted that the laser produces EVOs in the form of strange radiation. That is what Olafsson is seeing in the tracks that appear in his cloud chamber after he fires his laser into the ultra dense hydrogen.

• Holmlid has done valuable research into how photon pumping into a superconductor (ultra dense hydrogen) will produce EVOs. All that muon related data should be actually ascribed to EVO production using a superconductor.

It is clear as day that packing deuterium into the palladium lattice is actually producing ultra dense deuterium thought the pressure produced in the metal lattice. Then heating the lattice produces the photons or the phonons that activate this Ultra dense deuterium.

Get real, what do you expect to come first when deutrium is packed into a lattice, the production of ultra dense deutrium or fusion?

• A new paper and a comment from Holmlid and Kotzias:

Detection of spontaneous neutral kaons K0L and K0s from ultra-dense hydrogen H(0)

Detection of spontaneous neutral kaons K0L and K0s from ultra-dense hydrogen H(0)
    We here report muon and gamma photon signatures from decay of neutral kaons K0L and K0sto complement the published results of kaon generation from…
    www.researchsquare.com

Response to "Comment on 'Phase transition temperatures of 405-725 K in superfluid ultra-dense hydrogen clusters on metal surfaces' [AIP Advances 6, 045111 (2016)]"

Response to "Comment on 'Phase transition temperatures of 405-725 K in superfluid ultra-dense hydrogen clusters on metal surfaces' [AIP Advances 6, 045111 (2016)]"
    In this invited response we answer all comments by Engelen and Hansen [arXiv:2207.07844]. We point out that the superfluid and superconductive properties of…
    arxiv.org

• Thanks for finding these. The first one is of great novelty, the second one reminds me of so many discussions we see ongoing here.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.