Ultra-dense hydrogen and Rydberg matter—a more informal general discussion thread

• Hello JulianBianchi , I think you are "correct" and "incorrect" at the same time. There's a Johnson Mathey Hydrogen purificator system, which was recently confirmed in a NASA paper (link below) to produce anomalous heat and transmutations. AFAIK this was never used by Fleischmann and Pons, but used in 1989 by the same authors of the recent report as a way to verify the claims of Fleischmann and Pons, but they considered it a failure as they were trying to see neutrons (which they did not) but they did see Anomalous heat.

The "incorrect" part is that can is asking for a system that produces a flame only with catalytic effect and not with arcing. I know that H can be "burnt" by a catalytic system without flame or arc, and this has been shown, but is not even close to be a "torch" and is a surface phenomena that can produce heat and glow but not a flame.

https://sci-hub.se/https://www…abs/pii/S0360319920333462 (recent Fralick et al publication of anomalous heat and transmutations).

but they considered it a failure because they did not seen neutrons.

->>>

Cold fusion does not generate neutron because it is a softer fusion than plasma laser fusions.

FPE is not the cold fusion it is just D Loading inside Pd. And without D2 no coolant in the bath, In case that Pd temperature was so high, FPE can create the excited state of 4He to cause neutron.

• It is worth noting that the several PhD students/postdocs around Holmlid seem all to have left the field. Some of them, such as Badiei, Patrik Andersson, and Frans Olofsson have been first authors on various aspects of superdense deuterium. If it might be possible to have simple deuterion fusion above break-even it would be extremely important in the present dire energy and climate change situation. Doon't they believe in the possibility any more?

It is likely that the ultra dense hydrogen is not producing any sub atomic particles, but instead is producing EVOs laying down spiral tracks as seen inside of Sveinn's cloud chamber.

• but they considered it a failure because they did not seen neutrons.

->>>

Cold fusion does not generate neutron because it is a softer fusion than plasma laser fusions.

FPE is not the cold fusion it is just D Loading inside Pd. And without D2 no coolant in the bath, In case that Pd temperature was so high, FPE can create the excited state of 4He to cause neutron.

Maybe LENR does not produce neutrons because it does not produce fusion?

• I agree Prof Sveinn and I have a lot of very interesting data, still unpublished due to several reasons. Most likely normal physics playing tricks. Entrophy is always your enemy. Thousands of hours was spent in this field but Sometimes researchers see the same physics but will interpret the results differently.

Sometimes published research in one field unfortunately needs a correction. Being a pioneer in one field is always hard when no one tests the physics and challenges your claims while you publish. Lack of proper funding and resources ended my research a little short. Planned publication of all research is before christmas. The observed effects are very much real but maybe we are just just missing the detector technology to correctly interpret the radiation.

• I agree Prof Sveinn and I have a lot of very interesting data, still unpublished due to several reasons. Most likely normal physics playing tricks. Entrophy is always your enemy. Thousands of hours was spent in this field but Sometimes researchers see the same physics but will interpret the results differently.

Sometimes published research in one field unfortunately needs a correction. Being a pioneer in one field is always hard when no one tests the physics and challenges your claims while you publish. Lack of proper funding and resources ended my research a little short. Planned publication of all research is before christmas. The observed effects are very much real but maybe we are just just missing the detector technology to correctly interpret the radiation.

Thanks for your comment SindreZG , I regret to know you won't be continuing this research but understand the reasons for this.

I look forward for the pending publications.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? Sometimes maybe we are just 50 years too early in technology development to understand. If a new research group or company has funding to continue some of the research im happy to help with both theoretical knowledge, applied physics knowledge on system configuration, reactor operation, detector construction and logging and material knowledge. But im finished with chasing investors to make it happen.

• I have long suspected that as a superconductor, ultra dense hydrogen will expel electrons to the surface of UDH under the action of the meissner effect. This process will produce a layer of electrons that covers the UDH. Now, the UDH is transformed into a optical cavity that allows photons to convert all those outlying electrons into polaritons. A polariton condensate will now surround the UDH and this composite quasiparticle is then transformed into a exotic vacuum object (EVO) with the UDH at its core and a shield of condensed polaritons as an outer coating. As observed, only when light, either from the overhead lab lighting or a laser is applied, particle activity begins to appear. Light as photons becomes a catalyst for the transformation of the superconductor into a polariton condensate which is now metastable and self contained and will not decay due to dispersion.

If this posit is true, then the Holmlid experiments will provide a unique source of data that describes the formation of the EVO as a free ranging metastable particle that plays a singular role in LENR.

This polariton is a special type called a Anderson - Higgs polariton which has long been suspected to exist but has not been seen experimentally do the the difficulty in producing and working with nano superconductors.

References:

Z. M. Raines, A. A. Allocca, M. Hafezi, and V. M. Galitski, “Cavity Higgs polaritons,” Phys. Rev. Res., vol. 2, p. 013143, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1103/physrevresearch.2.013143.Search in Google Scholar

Z. Sun, M. M. Fogler, D. N. Basov, and A. J. Millis, “Collective modes and THz near field response of superconductors,” Phys. Rev. Res., vol. 2, p. 023413, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1103/physrevresearch.2.023413.Search in Google Scholar

• I agree with can. To begin with it's a very small field of researchers and there's a lot of skepticism in the general community. Sort of reminds me of some other emerging things in the world like the wright brothers airplane. Totally ignored for a few years 😂 and most researchers are looking for big budgets.

• Cold fusion and Holmlid (fusion?) effect are very different, but they share an important characteristic: heat is high, the number of neutrons very low, almost nil. In cold fusion the heat seems proportianal to the number of alpha's, in the Holmlid effect heat seems proportional to the number of charged particles. In both cases the physics is not well understood, in my opinion. If the Holmlid effect is real, it might have the better chance of becoming a viable source of energy.

• Cold fusion and Holmlid (fusion?) effect are very different, but they share an important characteristic: heat is high, the number of neutrons very low, almost nil. In cold fusion the heat seems proportianal to the number of alpha's, in the Holmlid effect heat seems proportional to the number of charged particles. In both cases the physics is not well understood, in my opinion. If the Holmlid effect is real, it might have the better chance of becoming a viable source of energy.

Holmlid once said that his reaction was at the bottom of all LENR activity. He was right. Holmlid is producing the active agent that produces the LENR reaction. That agent is the EVO which is a superconductor based polariton condensate. When a laser is used to activate the agent, a polariton condensate is created. What Holmiid believes are subatomic particles, are actually neutral EVOs. Those spiral tracks seen after laser activation in Sveinn Ólafsson cloud chamber are produced by EVOs. Those tracks could not have been produced by subatomic particles because the lifetime of those subatomic particles are far to short to travel all the way over to that cloud chamber.

Holmlid would not associate himself with LENR because of "the reputation trap"

• depending on the metal atoms present

eg Pd105 38.720 keV Sm15 125.710 keV,,

An assumption based on the fusion fallacy. Those gamma's were likely caused by breaking radiation through the release of high energy electrons produced by a Bosenova of the polariton condensate. If a spectrum of that gamma release were taken, it would show a Bremsstrahlung power spectrum.

• I would like to ask Holmlid if he is really on the board.

I think he is.

By the way, Martin Tornberg (listed on the website as being family of Professor Leif Holmlid) and Erling Nilsen were previously respectively board member and board chairman of Norrønt Fusion Energy AS.

• Oh Dear. A group of businessmen and one scientist in poor health. I suspect this will not play out well.

This is exactly my concern, initially I thought Holmlid was at the helm of this new company, but now after seeing this new website I wonder if he is even aware of the claims being made.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.