Ultra-dense hydrogen and Rydberg matter—a more informal general discussion thread

• So a while back I stumbled upon Holmlid's papers, it is impressive, however amounts of ultra dense hydrogen generated seem to be in order of nano/micro grams. I'm going to build a generator of ultra dense hydrogen for experiments, and I'm planning to produce orders of magnitude more, about milligrams. His generator/setup is quite complicated and expensive, so I'm seeking a way to build more efficient, less expensive generator oriented for producing large quantities of ultra dense hydrogen H(0). Any thoughts on possible solutions to do so?

• So a while back I stumbled upon Holmlid's papers, it is impressive, however amounts of ultra dense hydrogen generated seem to be in order of nano/micro grams. I'm going to build a generator of ultra dense hydrogen for experiments, and I'm planning to produce orders of magnitude more, about milligrams. His generator/setup is quite complicated and expensive, so I'm seeking a way to build more efficient, less expensive generator oriented for producing large quantities of ultra dense hydrogen H(0). Any thoughts on possible solutions to do so?

Hello Oleg , I know this thread is large but you can try reading it from tje beginning and you will see it contains a lot of ideas and sources. You will also see there is still a lot of doubts about the exact nature if UDH.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

To make more ultra-dense hydrogen H(0), a larger flow of hydrogen through the catalysts seems necessary. This is why the generator Holmlid wrote a patent application for uses many openings, each of which containing a catalyst pellet.

Even so, it still has limitations. Besides being complicated to build, at the likely maximum supported temperature the catalysts used aren't working very efficiently. Most of the hydrogen admitted is also likely not going to be converted to the ultra-dense form, so "recycling" it, perhaps with a reversible hydride, could be more advantageous in practice.

Another way that hasn't been explored in detail by Holmlid and others could be using a pulsed laser to ablate catalytically-active metals inside the chamber together with some hydrocarbon and alkali in the atmosphere, or also directly catalyst pellets. The resulting hot nanodust formed and sputtered inside the chamber should be active towards producing H(0). One such test was described in the review paper published a few years ago, although at relatively low pressure and without direct heating other than that of the the laser:

https://doi.org/10.1088/1402-4896/ab1276

• I'm thinking of a catalyst rod heated by induction heater to 500 - 600 degrees with constant high pressure flow of hydrogen

• I'm not sure that high pressure would be helpful- odd as that seems. There is a reson why Holmlid worked at low pressure, I'm not sure what the reason is, it seems counter-intuitive, but the reaction is not generated by heat and pressure alone.

• Oleg

Holmlid has suggested that strong magnetic fields can prevent H(0) from being formed. Also, inducing a voltage on the catalyst material may affect its capability of emitting Rydberg states (either positively or negatively), which was observed in a few studies dedicated on alkali Rydberg matter emission (one example here).

Production of ultra-dense hydrogen H(0): A novel nuclear fuel
    Condensation of hydrogen Rydberg atoms (highly electronically excited) into the lowest energy state of condensed hydrogen i.e. the ultra-dense hydroge…
    doi.org

I could add that the iron oxide catalysts typically used here at high hydrogen pressure might get reduced quickly and become inactive, although the active phase formed on the surface, when activated, is fairly resistant towards reduction (but there haven't been studies on H(0) production using just the synthetic active phase of these catalysts). In his past studies, Holmlid has often admitted air to keep the catalysts in their active state.

For high-pressure operation probably different catalysts will be needed.

• These two open access papers also have information pertaining to the reduction of iron oxide catalysts with hydrogen at pressure in the mbar range:

Reduction behavior of potassium-promoted iron oxide under mixed steam/hydrogen atmospheres

DSpace Angular Universal
    The modern front-end for DSpace 7.
    dr.lib.iastate.edu

Reducibility of potassium-promoted iron oxide under hydrogen conditions

DSpace Angular Universal
    The modern front-end for DSpace 7.
    dr.lib.iastate.edu

EDIT:

It is of course true that hot hydrogen will reduce Fe oxides to Fe, but you need a fairly high temperature.

https://www.researchgate.net/p…rbon_monoxide_atmospheres

In general, iron oxide catalysts are considered catalytically active (e.g. towards dissociating hydrogen) when the iron oxide is present in a trivalent state. Their inactive form is composed of Fe3O4 and potassium (often as KOH). In other words, activity would start decreasing before total reduction to metal is attained.

EDIT2: relevant excerpt from Kotarba and Holmlid from a 2009 paper (downloadable from Researchgate):

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/24443015_Energy-pooling_transitions_to_doubly_excited_K_atoms_at_a_promoted_iron-oxide_catalyst_surface_More_than_30_eV_available_for_reaction

• So a while back...

Re: ways to get H(0)

Firstly I agree that understanding what it is is a pretty important first step. (My current view is that it is dark matter which exists in many sizes and can be described as a set of external solutions to the Dirac equation... Oks model)

A few options to make it:

- you can just dig it up if you know what you are looking for and where it can be found (already happening)

- if you can calculate the Rydberg energy of various H(0) states, you can engineer new and better catalysts to allow production

- Once you understand that space is filled with H(0) - although be it a very low density form - all you need is a 100km tube to start sucking it in from outer space!!!

Good luck!!! 😀 SB.

• More on the hunt for Dark Matter.

Searching for Dark Matter with Paleo-Detectors
    A large experimental program is underway to extend the sensitivity of direct detection experiments, searching for interaction of Dark Matter with nuclei, down…
    arxiv.org

Searching for Dark Matter with Paleo-Detectors

Sebastian Baum, Andrzej K. Drukier, Katherine Freese, Maciej Górski, Patrick Stengel

A large experimental program is underway to extend the sensitivity of direct detection experiments, searching for interaction of Dark Matter with nuclei, down to the neutrino floor. However, such experiments are becoming increasingly difficult and costly due to the large target masses and exquisite background rejection needed for the necessary improvements in sensitivity. We investigate an alternative approach to the detection of Dark Matter-nucleon interactions: Searching for the persistent traces left by Dark Matter scattering in ancient minerals obtained from much deeper than current underground laboratories. We estimate the sensitivity of paleo-detectors, which extends far beyond current upper limits for a wide range of Dark Matter masses. The sensitivity of our proposal also far exceeds the upper limits set by Snowden-Ifft et al. more than three decades ago using ancient Mica in an approach similar to paleo-detectors.

• I've been following news on this for a long time. I have also communicated with people in other places, but many people are not optimistic about the authenticity of UDH/UDD. I also found no studies other than Holmlid's, either for or against it. I want to know if there is no UDH/UDD, or if there is UDH/UDD but no energy gain occurs, or if UDH/UDD is present and the reaction that produces energy as Holmlid claims is also there, or if there is energy gain but not what Holmlid claims reaction process.

• I also found no studies other than Holmlid's, e

Holmlid is only second place. R. Mills discussed it more than 10 years earlier. But all people that have 1000% proof for a failing standard model are blacklisted and don't get published.

Holmlid could do it because he always mixed in enough standard model crap to take/clear the hurdle...

• In the latest paper uploaded, Holmlid suggests that there are results related to ultra-dense hydrogen in the scientific literature, which might partially answer the above question:

Decay-times of pions and kaons formed by laser-induced nuclear processes in ultra-dense hydrogen H(0)
    Laser-induced nuclear reactions in ultra-dense hydrogen H(0) (see review in Physica Scripta 2019) create mesons (kaons, pions) with up to 100 MeV thus velocity…
    www.researchsquare.com

Related results on ultra-dense hydrogen exist in the literature. A superconductive state consisting of very high-density hydrogen clusters in voids (Schottky defects) in palladium crystals has been studied experimentally by Lipson et al. [17]. This effect was discussed as due to Bose-Einstein condensation [18] or a Casimir effect [19]. Such hydrogen clusters may give increased nuclear fusion gains [20]. The close relation between these hydrogen clusters and ultra-dense hydrogen has been pointed out [21].

References 17-21:

[17]. A. Lipson, B. J. Heuser, C. Castano, G. Miley, B. Lyakhov, and A. Mitin, Transport and magnetic anomalies below 70 K in a hydrogen-cycled Pd foil with a thermally grown oxide, Phys. Rev. B 72, 212507 (2005). DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.72.212507

[18] G. H. Miley, H. Hora, K. Philberth, A. Lipson, and P. L. Shrestha, in Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions and New Energy Technologies Source Book, eds. J. Marwan and S. B. Krivit, Vol. 2, p. 235-252 (American Chemical Society/Oxford University Press, Washington DC, 2009).

[19] H. Hora, G. H. Miley, Maruhn–Greiner maximum of uranium fission for confirmation of low energy nuclear reactions LENR via a compound nucleus with double magic numbers. J. Fusion Energ. 26, 349 (2007).

[20] X. Yang, G. H. Miley, K. A. Flippo, and H. Hora, Energy enhancement for deuteron beam fast ignition of a precompressed inertial confinement fusion target, Phys. Plasmas 18, 032703 (2011).

[21] L. Holmlid, H. Hora, G. Miley, and X. Yang, “Ultrahigh-density deuterium of Rydberg matter clusters for inertial confinement fusion targets”. Laser Part. Beams 27, 529 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1017/S0263034609990267

• I would love to see research on UDH by someone other than Leif Holmlid.

Earlier in this thread there’s a post by Sindre Zeiner-Gundersen from which one can distill that others like Santilli and Mills have stumbled on the same phenomena and researched it from their own perspective. We here have also Simon Brinks who has also worked on the concept.

Also, Holmlid collaborated with LENR authors Miley and Forsley around 2009, and to that interaction one can trace some of the ideas now being researched as Lattice Confinement Fusion by a team on NASA.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.