Please post info on any and all designs that create strange ratiation, EVO's, magnetic monpoles and LENR...

• Official Post

Maybe time to find a 'mine canary'.

Possibly some small animal that is relatively active would show a change in activity.

We do not need a repeat of Madame Curie.

A Russian team already published a series of biological tests on widely used biological models for damage, paper was in December 2020, will post the link here ASAP.

• Would you agree that very tiny particle sizes is another correlation?

Not really (unless you refer to molecules, atomic or subatomic particles): many gas phase experiments and many electrolitic experiments do not has "particles" at all. One interesting thing that is related to "particle size" is the De Broglie wavelenght of the thermal neutrinos, that can exceed several micrometers (so embedding and possibly "cohering" many atoms).

Do you have any knowledge of the conditions in LION or Vega, are the conditions covered by your list or is there anything else?

I cannot figure out how LION was working (the is D adsorbed into Ni and high temperature, but the key/trigger factor is unknown). Vega has more predictable characteristics: low pressure H, adsorbing metals, high electric field, lot of free electrons and ions.

A hydrodynamic turbulence of space-time or something in the vacuum (virtual particle flux, dirac space) that can change all the rules!

Hey, hey, slow down please! :D

Stick to experimental evidences! We already have tons of fancy and completely useless theories il LENR, but very few reproducible and understanded experimental results. This is one of the reasons LENR has not progressed so much in the last 30 years. We need good experiments and reproducible results more than anything (IMO).

Maybe time to find a 'mine canary'.

Possibly some small animal that is relatively active would show a change in activity.

As Curbina said there are a number of interesting russian papers on this topic, but biological detection of SR is very ineffective: it is too slow and too complex to be useful (unless you are studiyng the effect of SR on biological systems)

As I wrote, currently we are in a kind of vicious circle: we don't exacly know how to generate SR, and we don't exacly know how to detect it. But in order to improve generators we need good detectors, and to design good detectors we need good generators. Doh! :)

• Official Post

This is an Article I just found about, must have been uploaded recently:

Neutron Flux and Soft X-Radiation Created by Heterogeneous Plasmoid

A I Klimov et al 2020 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser.1698 012034

Abstract:

Experimental results on registration of different radiations from a heterogeneous plasmoid(HP) created by pulsed-repetitive discharge in the experimental set up PVR are considered in this work. Intensive cold neutron flux, optical radiation and soft X-radiation (E<10 KeV) were measuredin the HP. It was revealed that there is a high voltage threshold Ud>3.8 kVin the electric dischargefor stable generation of intensive cold neutron flux.

https://iopscience.iop.org/art…42-6596/1698/1/012034/pdf

This other article was published a bit later but I had already mentioned in the other thread, might as well post it here as it also shows evidence for SR.

https://sci-hub.se/https://www…abs/pii/S1364682620303242

“Strange” particles and micro-sized ball lightning in some electric discharges (Anatoly I. Nikitin, Vadim A. Nikitin, Alexander M. Velichko, Tamara F. Nikitina)

And finally the also recently published paper on the biological effects of SR.

https://sci-hub.se/https://lin…10.3103/S1062873820110222

Biological Detection of Physical Factors Related to the High-Current Electric Explosion of Conductors in a Vacuum (E. A. Priakhin, *, L. I. Urutskoev, E. V. Stiazhkina, c, G. A. Tryapitsyna, c, A. E. Aldibekova ,A. A. Peretykin, E. E. Priakhin, K. A. Alabin, N. D. Pilia, N. Z. Chikovani,D. A. Voitenko, and R. M. Arshba)

• You might try a catalytic converter and the platinum inside for strange radiation marks. I heard this years ago but have never investigated.

• Official Post

You might try a catalytic converter and the platinum inside for strange radiation marks. I heard this years ago but have never investigated.

I did a fairly exhaustive batch of experiments on this some years ago, in conjunction with an American academic. We saw nothing remotely unusual in any test we did. Everything behaved 'by the book' - no excess heat, no ionising radiation, zilch. Not something I would try again, technically very demanding for all sorts of reasons.

• Stevenson I'm surprised to not see the work of Ken Shoulders in you bibliography. His seminal paper "Apparatus for Formation and Use of EVOs" from 2009 is available at

http://www.rexresearch.com/sho…FormationandUseofEVOs.pdf

Many of Shoulders' other papers are also available there in pdf form: www.rexresearch.com/shoulders/

For reference, Alan Smith posted an excellent introduction and transcript of the last known video interview of Ken. It's available on this forum at:

https://www.lenr-forum.com/att…shoulders-transcript-pdf/

I also just found that the collected papers of Ken Shoulders are preserved at U Penn:

http://dla.library.upenn.edu/d…_SCIHIST_2015003USpaphchf

• Stevenson I'm surprised to not see the work of Ken Shoulders in you bibliography.

There are for sure a lot of papers and authors missing in my list! As I wrote, it is far from being exhaustive...

Ken Shoulder indeed should be cited: he did a lot of pioneering work on charge clusters and related phenomena, and he deserves the credit. However, in my opinion, the quality of its writings are not proportional to the importance of its work. They are kind of personal notes or diary pages more than scientific papers, so it is sometime difficult to understand the key concepts and to replicate its findings and experiments (as you know, it is very difficult even when you have full details! ^^ ). Moreover, to the current state of knowlegde, we don't exacly know if EVO and SR are the same things or if they are related somehow.

In any cases, I will update the list in the near future, to include a number of missing relevant papers and authors.

• Moreover, to the current state of knowlegde, we don't exacly know if EVO and SR are the same things or if they are related somehow.

SR or Strange radiation appears to be a term initially used by Russian researchers for the loosely-defined effects proposed to be caused by an unknown type of radiation. EVOs are being proposed by others to be the source of such radiation.

A good while back I compiled this information below regarding the question "what is an EVO?" from Ken Shoulders' notes.

From US 5,123,039 "Energy conversion using high charge density", filed 1991-04-12

An EV is a discrete, self-contained negatively charged bundle of electrons. While not yet fully understanding the configuration of an EV, I believe the self-containment to be due to electromagnetic fields set up between the electrons within the bundle, based upon my many observations of EV behavior. This, of course, is in sharp contrast to a conventional electron beam in which the containment of electrons is due either to an external electrostatic field or an external magnetic field. As is well known in the art, electrons, each being negatively charged, tend to repel each other. […]

From "What's an EVO?", Shoulders 2004-10-09

An EVO (exotic vacuum object) is just another name in a long line of names for a new electronic effect. In the past, it has been called an EV (Electromagnetic Vortex or Electrum Validum for strong electron), charge cluster (this could be just a piece of dirt with no net charge) and CCT for charge cluster technology. Whatever it is called, the effect can best be characterized by how it is measured using instruments capable of interpenetration in terms of somewhat similar phenomenon. The nearest class of instruments with useful capabilities is those used for measuring the properties of electrons and ions. […]

From "Basic EVO questions", Shoulders 2008-12-31

[An EVO is] an entity either containing or being composed of over a trillion electrons, which gives them all back to the single electron world upon their obliteration. […] They are ubiquitous and usually made by sparking processes. The spark you make by static electricity contains mainly EVOs. Even breaking a rock or rapidly forming a bubble makes EVOs.

From "An EVO Scope for Electrolysis Projectile Measurement", Shoulders 2009-11-04

Electron charge clusters or EVOs can come from just about anywhere as they seem to be a most ubiquitous particle species. They are made by almost anything that can produce a microscopic spark. This includes bubble formation, sonic cavitation, fracto-emission of brittle dielectrics and metals and plain electric sparks made by an assortment of methods including rubbing your feet on a rug and touching the doorknob. All of these processes produce an EVO that follows distinct operational laws, although they are often complex and confusing.

From "Primordial Substance", Shoulders 2011-03-26

EVOs are considered by the author to be composed of myriad electromagnetic wavelets instead of conventional particles such as electrons. […] Further consideration of this complex array of wavelets introduces a strong possibility that the ensemble can also be characterized as a primordial substance capable of, under proper but relatively ordinary conditions, resolving itself through physical manipulation into all known elements and perhaps some yet unknown substances. […]

From CHARGE CLUSTERS IN ACTION by Ken Shoulders and Steve Shoulders:

In the lingo of charge cluster technology, a strike is what an EV does when it hits a target. The effects produced can be very dramatic if the conditions are right. One mystery that had to be resolved early on is the difference between a spark and an EV. It was found that there is none. A spark is simply the visible, ionized gas trail left by an EV, although in some sparks the EV is so weak that it is barely detectable in the trash surrounding it. Every spark made has an EV running out in front of it. In addition, the EV has electron feelers running ahead of it to tell it what to do.

From section 4 "separators"in https://patents.google.com/patent/US5123039A/

In general, the production of EV's is accompanied by the formation of a plasma discharge, including ions and disorganized electrons, generally where the EV's are produced at the cathode, with the plasma charge density being at least 106 electron charges per cubic micrometer, and typically 108 charges per cubic micrometer. In the case of a relatively short distance between cathode and anode of a source, the high plasma density accompanying the formation of the EV's is usually produced in the form of a local spark. As the distance between the cathode and the anode is increased, EV production and transmission is also accompanied by the formation of streamers, that is, excited ions in a gaseous mode along the path of an EV which yield light upon electron transition. As noted hereinbefore, an EV itself comprises an extremely high total charge density. Typically, a chain ring of ten EV beads, with each bead approximately 1 micrometer in width, may contain 1012 electron charges and, moving at approximately one-tenth the speed of light, may pass a point in 10-14 seconds, establishing a high current density easily distinguishable from ordinary electron current. Generally, in the case of a pulsed source, an EV may be expected to be formed for each pulse applied to the cathode, in addition to the extraneous charge production that may accompany EV production.

The various components of the plasma discharge present when EV's are formed are considered as contaminants to the EV, and are preferably stripped away from the EV propagation. Such stripping can be accomplished by enclosing the EV source in a separator, positioning an aperture or small guide groove between the source and the extractor electrode, or anode. A counterelectrode is provided on the enclosure for use in the formation of the EV's. The discharge contaminants are contained within the separator while the EV's may exit through the aperture or groove toward an extractor electrode.

• And of direct relevance to production and detection according to the thread topic, this cannot be ignored:

http://www.padrak.com/ine/FB97_1.html

[...] If you are working with devices in which charge clusters are expected to be produced, the following procedure is suggested. Place a small transistor radio near the suspected cluster target. Tune to an AM (amplitude modulated) part of the radio band where there are no AM stations on the air. Turn up the volume and listen for "cracks" of static. When a charge cluster strikes it will emits sufficient electromagnetic energy to hear on such a radio. Remember that FM (frequency modulation) clips these bursts of EM radiation and that static discharges will not be heard on FM stations.

http://www.rexresearch.com/ev/shouldersev.pdf

Shoulders reported at least one experiment in which charge clusters were produced that measured about 50 microns in diameter. The resulting electromagnetic pulse (EMP) when the charge cluster impacted the anode caused the malfunction of some transistors in equipment unrelated to the experiment. Replication of results should be done in screen rooms or a Faraday cage to prevent damage to lab equipment.

Couple the above with this excerpt from CHARGE CLUSTERS IN ACTION by Ken Shoulders and Steve Shoulders :

In the lingo of charge cluster technology, a strike is what an EV does when it hits a target. The effects produced can be very dramatic if the conditions are right. One mystery that had to be resolved early on is the difference between a spark and an EV. It was found that there is none. A spark is simply the visible, ionized gas trail left by an EV, although in some sparks the EV is so weak that it is barely detectable in the trash surrounding it. Every spark made has an EV running out in front of it. In addition, the EV has electron feelers running ahead of it to tell it what to do.

From this, it would appear that any device that generates sparks or pulsing electrical discharges, and at the same time generates a large amount of electromagnetic noise, would be producing large amounts of large EVOs. Special equipment and devices should not be required to achieve this.

• A good while back I compiled this information below regarding the question "what is an EVO?" from Ken Shoulders' notes.

Shoulders himself changed its mind several times with respect to what EVOs would be. Also its distinction between black and white EVOs (and what makes an EVO black or white) remain somewhat very sketchy.

Whith a little of imaginative effort, and comparing its work to the one of other researcher, we can argue that probably EVOs are aggregate of charged particles, mainly electrons, glued or "cohered" by slow neutrinos and/or a stable magnetic configuration. If also positive ions are embedded in this structure, the EVO may became electrically neutral, and so may behave similarly to neutrons. This is probably what Schoulders called black EVO. Probably, black EVOs are what we call Strange Radiation, because we know that black EVOs and SR are not easily shielded by matter (since they are neutral, but they maintains their magnetic properties). This particle aggregate is also very similar to what Matsumoto called "Iton".

Shoulder does not clarify very well how to distinguish and separate EVOs from other components commonly found in electrical discharge. The trick with the FM radio, for example, is not very effective: every time you have a fast charge transfer or recombination, i.e. an impulsive current (in air, in vacuum or even in a metallic wire), you got an electromagnetic pulse that can be detected by radio or senitive electronics, but you don't always have EVOs. The opposite is always true instead: when an EVO is disrupted, the charge is released, creating an EM pulse that will always be detected in the same way.

The foundamental questions remain:

- what makes electrons bound together instead of repelling?

- how to effectively generate EVOs (especially black one)?

- how to selectively detect EVOs (especially black ones, i.e. probably SR)?

- how are neutrinos needed/involved in this process?

BTW, SR (black EVOs?) is known to interact with materials to produce some direct effects that typically require tens of eV of energy only (sensitizing photographic emulsion, etching plastics and so on). Higher energy effects are only seen when SR interact at atomic level with certain atoms or when its structure is broken (and the energy is released). So, a suggestion for detecting SR would be using phosphor screens instead of scintillators (plus a photomultiplier).

Borghi and Santilli provided the evidence that SR, behaving as neutrons, is able to trigger two completely different neutron detector technologies: He3 and B10 gas detectors and activation of indium foil. [The hypothesis here is that both generated SR instead of actual neutrons]

Thanks Alan! Both worth reading!

With a little of imaginative effort, and comparing its work to the one of other researcher, we can argue that probably EVOs are aggregate of charged particles, mainly electrons, glued or "cohered" by slow neutrinos and/or a stable magnetic configuration

It would be interesting to hear @Wyttenbach's opinion if this is possible from the 4D-theory point of view. There is some kind of analogy between the result of 4He nucleus consisting of 4 protons and the possibility to construct some kind of electron clusters.

• Official Post

MFMP posted a video today that is a translation and also a commentary of a recent presentation by Russian researcher Chizhov, about the detection and shielding of “strange radiation”. A better interpretation of the word that is normally translated as “strange” is offered as “incomprehensible”.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I liked specially the experiments with the Wilson chamber that show clearly there’s some kind of particles being detected, and video of it is presented by Chizhov.

The possibility of shielding the radiation was also studied. In particular these experiments show that the idea proposed to dismiss the existence of “SR” explaining that all the marks are simply dust damage, is very low.

It is a long presentation, but I enjoyed it and it contains a lot of data and experiments to ponder about.

• MFMP posted a video today that is a translation and also a commentary of a recent presentation by Russian researcher Chizhov, about the detection and shielding of “strange radiation”.

The presentation is very interesting and also makes a good review of varius properties of SR. I have to say that it is really frustrating to see how far we are in understanding this phenomenon and its place in the whole LENR puzzle... ;( However, a very interesting point is that "used" reactors remain active for a very long time, even at room temperature: this makes possible to build and "pre-bake" very small samples (as simple as plain metal chips) to be uses to study the phenomenon and to disseminate among researchers. This should boost the research on this topic.

• Can anyone refer me to any experimentation by Kenneth Shoulders where he measured levels of tritium? I have heard that he had measured and recorded it bu t I'm not sure which paper.

• Can anyone refer me to any experimentation by Kenneth Shoulders where he measured levels of tritium? I have heard that he had measured and recorded it bu t I'm not sure which paper.

Might want to read Shoulders book. Might be in there somewhere, or if not give you an idea where to look.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.