Clean Planet Ltd (Japan) updates

• INTRODUCTION

Clean Planet Ltd, located in Japan, currently develops energy technologies that looks quite unique when looking at the LENR technology landscape.

Their current technology makes use of a Hydrogen membrane that consist of a stack of very thin metal layers through which Hydrogen gas is passed, generating significant amount of heat.

The mechanism, as claimed, is absorbing and releasing hydrogen. An indication of this principle can be found in this patent application (Google translated).

The central unit that generates heat is quite simple, a vessel that is divided into two segments separated by the membrane allowing to slowly pass Hydrogen.

The heat is generated within the membrane.

The vessel:

The multi-layer (metal) membrane:

Abstract

Provided are a novel heat utilization system and a heat generating device employing an inexpensive, clean, and safe thermal energy source. A heat utilization system 10 is provided with: a heat generating body 14 which generates heat by absorbing and releasing hydrogen; a hermetically sealed container 15 having a first chamber 21 and a second chamber 22 which are partitioned by means of the heat generating body 14; and a temperature regulating unit 16 for regulating the temperature of the heat generating body 14. The first chamber 21 and the second chamber 22 have different hydrogen pressures. The heat generating body 14 includes: supporting body formed using at least any of a porous material, a hydrogen permeable membrane, and a proton conductor; and a multilayer film provided on the supporting body. The multilayer film includes: a first layer which is formed using a hydrogen absorbing metal or a hydrogen absorbing alloy, and which has a thickness of less than 1000 nm; and a second layer which is formed using a hydrogen absorbing metal, a hydrogen absorbing alloy, or a ceramic, different from the first layer, and which has a thickness of less than 1000 nm.

Remarkable is also that this patent application is indexed to the following patent application classifications:

F24V30/00 Apparatus or devices using heat produced by exothermal chemical reactions other than combustion

F24V30/00 - Apparatus or devices using heat produced by exothermal chemical reactions other than combustion

F28D20/00 Heat storage plants or apparatus in general; Regenerative heat-exchange apparatus not covered by groups F28D17/00 or F28D19/00

Y02E60/14 Thermal energy storage

Y02E70/30 Systems combining energy storage with energy generation of non-fossil origin

They claim no harmful waste nor harmful radiations occur using this method.

• Official Post

Thanks Rob Woudenberg , I was thinking that in more than one way this is related to the anomalous heat release observed during permeation of D (and H some times) through PdAg known since 1989 and repeated in 2020 by Fralick at NASA’s Glenn Space research center (some others at Japan replicated this in 2006 and 2011 if I recall correctly). What we don’t really know is how high is the COP that can be achieved on this kind of systems.

• Rob Woudenberg

Changed the title of the thread from “Clean Planet (Japan) updates” to “Clean Planet Ltd (Japan) updates”.
  • Since CP was at one time claiming to be associated with Mizuno I felt compelled to update the public on the relationship. Yoshino/CP is currently under criminal investigation for forging official government documents with the purpose of intent to illegally take over IP assets from Mizuno. There is also a civil fraud suit pending between Mizuno and CP. Yoshino has shown no respect for the truth nor the law during discussions surrounding these issues. Mizuno will use the full force of the law to prosecute the civil case and is fully cooperating with the criminal police investigation. From information and belief we have also heard that Mitsubishi is also considering civil and possible criminal action against CP for fraudulently obtaining tens of millions of dollars in funding on false pretenses. Although our sources may be biased, if/when any of this is independently confirmed we will immediately inform the forum.

• Really when I think all LF experts thought Rossi was a crook because he spent his time in prison and in court, apparently when things will come to money, even phlegmatic Japanese people lose their nerves too :saint: :) :love:

Since CP was at one time claiming to be associated with Mizuno I felt compelled to update the public on the relationship. Yoshino/CP is currently under criminal investigation for forging official government documents with the purpose of intent to illegally take over IP assets from Mizuno. There is also a civil fraud suit pending between Mizuno and CP. Yoshino has shown no respect for the truth nor the law during discussions surrounding these issues. Mizuno will use the full force of the law to prosecute the civil case and is fully cooperating with the criminal police investigation. From information and belief we have also heard that Mitsubishi is also considering civil and possible criminal action against CP for fraudulently obtaining tens of millions of dollars in funding on false pretenses. Although our sources may be biased, if/when any of this is independently confirmed we will immediately inform the forum.

• Since CP was at one time claiming to be associated with Mizuno I felt compelled to update the public on the relationship. Yoshino/CP is currently under criminal investigation for forging official government documents with the purpose of intent to illegally take over IP assets from Mizuno. There is also a civil fraud suit pending between Mizuno and CP. Yoshino has shown no respect for the truth nor the law during discussions surrounding these issues. Mizuno will use the full force of the law to prosecute the civil case and is fully cooperating with the criminal police investigation. From information and belief we have also heard that Mitsubishi is also considering civil and possible criminal action against CP for fraudulently obtaining tens of millions of dollars in funding on false pretenses. Although our sources may be biased, if/when any of this is independently confirmed we will immediately inform the forum.

It may be useful to indicate that you are affiliated with Mizuno as far as this wasn't clear already.
    Are there any public facts on these conflicts?

• Yes I am affiliated with Mizuno. Certain details about specific evidence etc I was asked by both our lawyers and mizuno not to discuss before the trial but my very carefully worded disclosure we stand behind. The truth will eventually be made public and we will report that here. Personally I find it odd to see such reports that Yoshino is hiring people when, according to well placed sources, he burned through all his Mitsubishi cash and despite never seeing one yen of that money, tried to blame the disappearing money on Mizuno. Exactly how much was raised is unclear but different sources place the amount somewhere between $15m and $30m. I couldn’t in good conscience sit by while he likely is making such PR in order to bilk the next poor soul. Anyone considering doing anything with Yoshino and or CP I strongly suggest you do your own due diligence first. Some of The key allegations we made are easily confirmed with a few calls or mails to the right people.

• Focussing on the technology again, the big question is what is producing the excess heat in this method?

The only cause I can think of is that excess heat is produced by transmutations occurring in within the mulitlayer metal stack.

Just maybe the inventors carefully kept that information out of the publications and patent applications for good reasons.

• Looks like Iwamura thin film method, and Iwamura is among the inventors as I read the patent.

inventors:

• 岩村 康弘 IWAMURA Yasuhiro
    • 伊藤 岳彦 ITO Takehiko
    • 笠木 治郎太 KASAGI Jirota
    • 吉野 英樹 YOSHINO Hideki
    • 平野 章太郎 HIRANO Shotaro
    • 伊勢 雅英 ISE Masahide
    • 茨城 哲治 IBARAKI Tetsuharu
    • Official Post

Focussing on the technology again, the big question is what is producing the excess heat in this method?

The only cause I can think of is that excess heat is produced by transmutations occurring in within the mulitlayer metal stack.

Just maybe the inventors carefully kept that information out of the publications and patent applications for good reasons.

They were carefull in wording the application, indeed, to avoid anything to be questioned by the reviewers. However, they have reported transmutations as in this paper with Iwamura as main author from the ICCF 10 (2006):

https://newenergytimes.com/v2/…/2005IwamuraXMT-Ba-Sm.pdf

• Official Post

And, Duh! Y. Iwamura wrote the entire chapters 9 (Heat generation experiments using nano-sized metal composite and hydrogen gas) and 11 (Review of permeation-induced nuclear transmutation reactions)
    of the "Cold Fusion" book edited by Biberian, in the last 2020 edition (one can look the abstracts of each chapter at elsevier's site).

https://www.sciencedirect.com/book/9780128159446/cold-fusion

I bet some members already have the book, you could ask if they can share those chapters.

• They were carefull in wording the application, indeed, to avoid anything to be questioned by the reviewers. However, they have reported transmutations as in this paper with Iwamura as main author from the ICCF 10 (2006):

https://newenergytimes.com/v2/…/2005IwamuraXMT-Ba-Sm.pdf

Another abandoned patent application of Iwamura confirms transmutations using similar multi-layers.

Iwamura learned his lessons regarding mentioning transmutations with this one. Attached some correspondence between him and the patent office which lead at a later stage to abandoning the application.

• Their ambitions are clear from this poster:

(thanks to Ahlfors)

They use Pd-D with very high density and exchange after the life end, so the heat generation efficiency must be the highest among other reactor with D supply from D2O or D2 gas.

The total heat generation is determined by the D supply but not the reaction site because the continuous supply can exchange the reaction site rapidly.

• No Mizuno is not affiliated with IH. The patent quoted was illegal.

That patent application still holds as long as a formal termination has not been executed by USPTO.

If it would be illegal, USPTO would have received a legal assignment to terminate it.

The latest state of this application can be found here. There is no legal enforcement document present.

[edit] To file a patent application verified signatures of both inventor(s) and assignee(s) are required.

The filing as such is therefore proof of affiliation.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.