US Navy new LENR patent application (25/03/2021)

• yes, I quite agree with your analysis Robert.

Massive localised XSH release in spurts seems to be frequent in much LENR research..

unfortunately deuterium fusion is unlike actinide fission... where neutrons are the mediator.. so simple moderators won't work..

as others have pointed out.. heat removal is a major problem and neutron release may only be a sign of fusion gone wrong.

• Interesting envinronment anyway, very AR like [I remember a not-so-easy to find AR application with specific hints on "nickel grains with 100 MeV electron generating microcavities"]. A true BOMB for US Navy - azides and picrates act very fast. Obviously not a good one - application is open.

• Robert, study the planet and you will get new energy, and bury all these heaters at the south pole.

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Official Post

You must specify "prior art". The Rossi patent is not mentioned from what I hear. (I didn't read the patent application yet).

That is correct, the list of references by either the inventors or the examiners doesn’t include Rossi’s patent so if they used text from that patent is blatant plagiarism.

• What if the Navy device works as claimed? How might they use it in Navy operations?

Unless it's meant to just be a test of the US Patent Office, the Navy probably invested staff and resources in developing it, enough to want a patent. The power density would probably be too low to drive (for example) torpedo motors. but how about floating or submerged sensor pods. With no batteries needed, the device would have virtually unlimited shelf life, and when deployed could supply silent power sufficient for electronics and periodic compressed upload data bursts. A simple water-triggered igniter would mean just air-drop them or toss over the side.

If it works of course!

• Official Post

Unless it's meant to just be a test of the US Patent Office,

I just do not see the US Navy playing patent games like this. It is too obvious...and public, with no obvious benefit. They are tasked with fighting foreign enemies, and how exactly would patent trolling like this achieve an advantage with our adversaries?

Yet on the face of it, it does appear as Curbina said: they copied some passages from Rossi's work. Hopefully one day, we will know what this is all about. If Curbina disappears, I think we can assume he was right. :)

• This is not a trick from fans, however i well know Rossi's patents because i really studied it, this is why i quickly found these links with this US patent.

It was only an observation now, why exist some copy/paste, i don't know but i find that comic :) considering as you said the debate here around anti and pro AR :)

I won't answer that for fear of giving the Rossi fans renewed hope. If the patent is legitimate, there is no other logical answer, and I can not make myself believe the US government would make this up.

• This kind of "textual plagiarism" in patents is not strictly forbidden, sometimes entire paragraphs of books or papers are reported in the text, also sometimes entire books goes into cited documents list and became publicly available in violation of whatever copyright laws (it's a known problem). So nothing really strange from this point of view. However, it is not common to copy entire pieces of texts without even mentioning the source and the related prior art (that will be for sure found by the examiners). This patent, IMO, falls into one of two categories: patent "trolling" (i.e. a patent filed with an opportunistic strategy, largely independent from the validity of the invention), or a very preliminary patent, perhaps to be used as a priority work, filed when some results have been achieved but very few details are known on the undelying process. In both cases it it clear that the Navy carefully studied Rossi's work...

I just do not see the US Navy playing patent games like this. It is too obvious...and public, with no obvious benefit, they copied some passages from Rossi's work, thing is a 'red herring

Not to say, that the whole principle is single use and extremely impractical - a thermite. Actually only military use would follow from such an arrangement - nothing else. One could write down such a patent after reading few another LENR patents: no intellectual value added. See also:

Is NASA's LENR endorsement merely a spin cycle to attempt to clean their hands of past suppression?

• Even if the thermite way is related in this patent this chemical way remains far from KW related by Focardi or Levi for example in the case of AR.

the essential is not there and I think that aluminum has no role to reach atomic energy levels.

• Interesting comment from ECW.

Ernest Dallafior  greggoble18 hours ago

I don't think many of the readers are familiar with how the patent situation is outlined in federal funded development projects. Most of the projects require that any developed products that can be patented become the property of the funding agency.

I was involved in two programs that resulted in patentable products which became the property of the funding agencies. One by the US Airforce, the other from NASA. They took the information we supplied in the final reports verbatim, and used it in their patent applications. If Rossi or any of his attached programs received any funding from the Navy, they probably had the right to issue what they did in their application.

An interesting sidelight to the program we performed for the Airforce involved the product we developed for them. It was a device to measure suspended dirt particles in jet fuel pumped into the planes. I never was informed about who got the bid for manufacturing the product, but shortly after I was invited to a site that was doing classified missile development. They were interested in knowing if the device could be used in fueling missiles. I told them that it would work but it had to be redesigned to accept the very low temperature fuels used where the device was developed for temperatures normally found in the jet fuel operations. Since I had no further contact with the agency, I assumed that another low bidder got the job. I was not disappointed because my next program involved the just beginning LASER development efforts.