US Navy new LENR patent application (25/03/2021)

• It seems like this just recently was put up at the NASA LFC site.

https://www1.grc.nasa.gov/s...

Advanced Energy Conversion (AEC) Project

NASA Glenn Research Center

Lattice Confinement Fusion (LCF) Overview

L. Forsley (Global Energy Corporation),

T. Benyo (NASA GRC),

B. Steinetz (NASA GRC),

V. Pines (PineSci Consulting),

M. Pines (PineSci Consulting),

A. Chait (NASA GRC),

L. Dudzinski (NASA HQ)

Contributing Panelists

M. Forsbacka (NASA HQ) and

R. Litchford (NASA HQ)

• NASA HQ Management

– Dr. Thomas Zurbuchen, Dr. Lori Glaze, Mr. Eric Ianson, Mr. Len Dudzinski

– Mr. Tom Cremins, Dr. John Grunsfeld, Mr. David Schurr, Mr. Paul Westmeyer

• NASA Glenn Center Management

– Dr. Marla Perez-Davis, Dr. Rickey Shyne, Mr. Bryan Smith, Mr. David Stringer, Mr. John Hamley, Dr. Tibor Kremic

– Mr. Jim Free, Dr. Janet Kavandi

– Mr. Ray Lugo, Dr. Jih Fen Lei

• NASA Review Panel

– Dr. Michael Houts, Dr. Ron Litchford, Mr. John Scott, Dr. Matthew Forsbacka

August 19, 2020

Also, a new paper

Fast Neutron Spectroscopy With Organic Scintillation Detectors in a High-Radiation Environment

• No link with Lenr sorry, but i have to make "un au revoir" to my best US so funny friend ( who was born in Roma therefore..) who was so close to the moon :thumbup:

Family Statement on Passing of Astronaut Michael Collins

We regret to share that our beloved father and grandfather passed away today, after a valiant battle with cancer. He spent his final days peacefully, with his family by his side. Mike always faced the challenges of life with grace and humility, and faced this, his final challenge, in the same way. We will miss him terribly. Yet we also know how lucky Mike felt to have lived the life he did. We will honor his wish for us to celebrate, not mourn, that life. Please join us in fondly and joyfully remembering his sharp wit, his quiet sense of purpose, and his wise perspective, gained both from looking back at Earth from the vantage of space and gazing across calm waters from the deck of his fishing boat.

• What we know.

Tha AEC Project has been continuous since 2014. While the Atomic Energy Commission is a similiar AEC, oddly unrelated?

The NASA Advanced Energy Conversiòn project timeline refers to pre or post AEC, while clearly SPAWAR Forsley et al has been working with AEC partners since early on.

Also, ongoing research and applied engineering continues seperately at other Department of Defense facilities, supported by NASA's progress.

NASA Glenn Research Center (GRC) Pre-AEC: (1989-2014)

– “Advanced Energy Conversion (AEC) Project” AEC: (2014 - )

• Develop a non-actinide space power system

• Understand Condensed Matter Nuclear Reactions

• US Navy (SPAWAR) (1989-2012)

– NASA GRC and SPAWAR different processes, similar nuclear results

– Additional funding provided by DTRA, ONR, DoE and NNSA

• JWK/NAVY NCRADA (SPAWAR) (2008-2012)

– “Study of Low Energy Nuclear Reactions I & II”

• JWK/NAVY NCRADA (China Lake)

– “Metal Interactions with Low Z Gasses” (2010-2012)

• JWK/NAVY NCRADA (NSWC Dahlgren) (2015- )

– “LENR Materials Design and Characterization”

• DFT Model of LENR Active Materials

• Correlate Co-deposition and B Field effects

• Univ of Maryland (Tim Koeth, PhD) (2015-2016)

– < 3 MeV LINAC unstable for our needs

• DoE Jefferson National Lab (2016-2017)

– AEC Project schedule and JLAB schedule did not match up

• DoE Argonne National Lab (2017)

– Van de Graaff generator unstable and did not meet our needs.

• IBA Industrial (2017-2018)

– Hosted most recent AEC experimental activity with 3 MeV Dynamitron

• JWK/NAVY NCRADA (NSWC Indian Head) (2020- )

– “Advanced Energy and Propulsion Research and Development”

• Rob Woudenberg

"Looks like there is some staff overlap between NASA's and US Navy's LENR activities, but let's post NASA's updates in the NASA thread."

I see it differently... more than staff overlap.

All are partners in the NASA AEC group, perhaps anything/everything from this partnership should be together. The AEC preceded the GEC Space Act agreement and is the NASA presence within it. The LCF is an offshoot/product of the AEC ongoing efforts. This list of AEC partners, freshly disclosed, is impressive. This list will grow as we learn more, certainly. These folks work in concert, different yet unified. The NAVY/JWK/SPAWAR/GEC has collaborated with NASA since '90. Inconclusive yet, the Navy et al DoD possibly created the AEC when bringing/sending GEC over to Plumb Brook Station.

• I look forward to this in particular (paragraph papers and patents in process) :

DeChiaro, L.F., et al., “A Multi-Laboratory Study of Anomalous Elements and Magnetic Field Orientation Effects in LENR Codeposition Experiments”, Joint NAVY/NASA Technical Report in review :thumbup:

A Multi-Laboratory Study of Anomalous Elements and Magnetic Field Orientation Effects in LENR Codeposition Experiments

During SPAWAR experiments with Pd co-deposition the samples were also equipped with magnets from detection reasons (magnetic field splits the alpha particle tracks which enables their identification with CR-39 detector) - and if I remember well, no dependence on magnetic field has been published.

https://i.imgur.com/SDwVbR0.jpg

• Cold Fusion by Cherenkov Radiation in a Unique Ceramic

(Roshdy G. S. Barsoum, Office of Naval Research):

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What an annoyingly vague paper on the actual materials used. The watermark on the document also adds insult to the injury.

The "unique ceramic" appears likely to be a commercially-available 3A synthetic zeolite. The document feels like something from the description of a patent application.

• Official Post

Copied and moved comments to this thread that is appropriate to further discuss the news brought to our attention by teppo , The US Navy seems to have a number of people involved in getting LENR research done, but they also want to keep things very vaguely described. This last paper has a lot of hints to the work of Holmlid at least on the surface.

• Official Post

I wasn’t aware of the existence of this scipedia platform, is rather liberal in its scope, and community based, so practically anything can get published there. The paper of Barsoum has a publication date of 1/1/2021 so probably we weren’t aware because it has not been listed In Google Scholar, so I think as a publishing platform is as bad as publishing in vixra.

• I wasn’t aware of the existence of this scipedia platform, is rather liberal in its scope, and community based, so practically anything can get published there. The paper of Barsoum has a publication date of 1/1/2021 so probably we weren’t aware because it has not been listed In Google Scholar, so I think as a publishing platform is as bad as publishing in vixra.

Is it possible that Barsoum is using Scipedia like Dropbox (ie. he uploaded it so that he could share it with colleagues) rather than as a way to publish something for a wider audience?

• Official Post

Is it possible that Barsoum is using Scipedia like Dropbox (ie. he uploaded it so that he could share it with colleagues) rather than as a way to publish something for a wider audience?

Not impossible but the platform already presents it as a published document and even provides a format for the citation and some metrics for the paper, so for all intent and purposes this is a published document and in its final form.

this is the link:

https://www.scipedia.com/public/Barsoum_et_al_2021a

• In principle the proposed experiment in the Barsoum document should not be difficult to replicate. However, the "unique ceramic" is so vaguely described that it could be anything from a commercially-available product to an unknown "proprietary material".

• Official Post

I find it intriguing, the choice of publication venue. It would have been much better to put it in Arxiv as a preprint if you have access to it, or in ResearchGate, as a preprint or a project advance report. But this platform allows to publish anything without real peer review and in final form, so I really wonder if this was done on purpose to meet some sort of open publication requirement in the most obscure way possible.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.