MEET THE EXPERIMENTERS - Interviews with notable scientists.

• If i understood correctly what FT said that the main problem is to get enough electromagnetic excitation power in the THz-range. Their solution is to create very sharp, high dU/dt (or dI/dt), pulses and wish enough harmonic components in the high frequency area. It is easy to understand the problem, because the highest electric frequencies in normal life are those found in WiFi or inside a microwave oven, a few GHz. So 1000x more is needed. I checked a little bit in the internet what is available at the moment. The fastest components seem to be capable of handling a few hundreds of GHz but THz is still far-away.

To succeed they need to invent something quite exotic to overcome the problem. Fortunately there is quite a lot of interest in this frequency area especially in sensor development so maybe suitable components are soon available there ?

Sparking would give them those frequencies much easier. I am sure they are aware but timing is probably also key. It may be complex to time sparks with a nanosecond accuracy.

• Official Post

MEET SVEINN ÓLAFFSON video interview just published!

In the next installment of our MEET THE EXPERIMENTERS Series, our members and readers are invited to get acquainted and updated with the fascinating work of Dr. Sveinn Ólaffson.

Dr. Sveinn Ólafsson is a Research Professor at the School of Engineering and Natural Sciences at University of Iceland. Along with teaching young PhDs, Dr. Ólafsson worked in hydrogen storage research. From his work in Hydrogen, when he first learnt about the ideas of Dr. Leif Holmlid proposing his finding of ultra-dense hydrogen (UDH), he suspected that this could be the phenomenon behind Cold Fusion, and joined efforts with Dr. Holmlid, being one of the two persons, along Sindre Zeiner-Gundersen, that has been able to reproduce independently most of Dr. Holmlid's observations about the properties of UDH.

In this interview we are taken through a fascinating presentation that Dr. Ólaffson uses to illustrate his answers to the questions of our interviewing team.

After a brief introduction Dr. Ólaffson takes Us through the fantastic voyage of discovery starting for the interesting and not entirely well understood characeristics of the Hydrogen Rydberg state, and how it's theorized to form the ultra dense state. From this he proceeds to left us green with envy of the absolutely georgeous and state of the art new laboratory reactors and instruments he has been able to implement since has received funding to proceed with the research.

The main Instrument used to detect and accurately identify the particles emitted by UHD when stimulated with high power laser pulses of brief duration.

He also explains how he has been able to reproduce most if not all of the signals and results of Dr. Holmlid, but has come to some different conclusions that he needs to verify, as the results of using improved equipment can lead to different, surprising and intriguing interpretations.

We get an exclusive when Dr. Ólaffson shares with us some never before published images of the puzzling behavior of the laser pulse as it approaches the UDH target, results that generate more questions than answers.

A short sequence of video is shown to us to illustrate some observations of traces in the cloud chamber, which provides a hint that what is produced by stimulating UHD with the laser pulses, is more complex than muons.

Dr. Ólaffson also shares with us the next steps and questions that he aims to answer with the ongoing research, to be performed in the next 2 years with the funding secured.

We hope you enjoy this interview about this fascinating, promising and hughly successful in publishing approach to LENR.

The LENR-Forum Team was honored to have this opportunity and is proud to be able to share this video with our following community. We wish Dr. Ólaffson the best and hope to get great news from his research in the short term.

You can watch the interview in the following link:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thank you, Ruby and Alan for this interview with Sveinn Ólaffson! Maybe next time Leif Holmlid?

I hope Sveinn will be able to further deepen his knowledge in the field of UHD hydrogen soon. Unfortunately the brand new apparatus shown were not really clear to me how this all should function and what interactions cause the huge energy, particles seem to get. I would expect though that the university would have at some location an Electron Microscope with EDX-SEM (Alan’s question) for analysis of (transmuted) elements. I thought you have one Alan? Maybe offer him to do some analysis?

Go on with these interviews. Good work! :thumbup:

• can , Rob Woudenberg , this one will probably be of interest for you both.

The main point seems that Sveinn Ólafsson is not at all convinced that the signal he's seeing is due muons or mesons and he's not seeing the expected radiation from them (possibly this could mean that a muon-catalyzed fusion apparatus will not be easily feasible).

Odd particles tracks can be seen with a small cloud chamber placed close to the operating apparatus, using the laser (unclear if also without). There's a video of those at about/after minute [16:05]. However, in a different room upstairs no tracks could be seen (if they are muons or mesons they are not very penetrating?).

Further work for confirming the observations (although possibly with different interpretation than Holmlid) will continue in Iceland.

• He also explains how he has been able to reproduce most if not all of the signals and results of Dr. Holmlid, but has come to some different conclusions that he needs to verify, as the results of using improved equipment can lead to different, surprising and intriguing interpretations.

The first comment I made when I did see the spectrum that Sindre published (about 2 years ago) on the Noront home page was, that it exactly shows the recombination of Pions. The energy and side band did exactly match the model I made.

So it could be that the proton to kaon excitation does not (always?) lead to a complete separation and that at the end the decay of the combined state(s) delivers an other yet unknown particle. I have a good candidate that I once used as a alternative basic building block for the proton.

Let's wait what Olafsson's measurements will reveal! When I "talked - mail" to Leif it was clear from the details he gave, that the particle is penetrating and generates tons of electrons. So I'm pretty sure there are pions, muons but not only.

• Sveinn could be creating an EVO. EVOs dematerialize matter but leave a small percentage of matter behind as transmutation. Sveinn did not indicate that the matter removed from the foil was detected as any type of emissions. The matter just disappeared. This behavior is how EVOs behave.

• Sveinn is creating Cavity Higgs-Polaritons (CHP) when he irradiates the ultra dense matter (cluster) which is a superconductor with a laser.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1905.03377

Cavity Higgs-Polaritons are different from ordinary polaritons in that they each carry a quantum of the Higgs vacuum potential. The laser is creating a false Higgs vacuum in the Higgs polariton condensate that will form. This false vacuum will change the nature of space time for any piece of matter that the cluster comes into contact with. This disruption of matter is what is causing the disappearance of foil that Sveinn is seeing. The interference patterns that show in laser interaction with the cluster are produced when the laser photons interact with the electron cloud that surrounds the cluster during a entanglement process between the photons and the electrons.

The cluster serves as an optical cavity in which photons and electrons can become entangled to form polaritons.

The structure of matter is controlled by the Higgs field. If the Higgs field is modified, then matter will change its nature to correspond to the changes in the Higgs field. Just a small change in the strength of the Higgs field by just a few percent in either the plus or minus direction will cause matter to decompose back into energy.

What the cluster turns out to be is dark matter. There are many indicators that this observed behavior fits the profile of how dark matter will act.

• The first comment I made when I did see the spectrum that Sindre published (about 2 years ago) on the Noront home page was, that it exactly shows the recombination of Pions. The energy and side band did exactly match the model I made.

So it could be that the proton to kaon excitation does not (always?) lead to a complete separation and that at the end the decay of the combined state(s) delivers an other yet unknown particle. I have a good candidate that I once used as a alternative basic building block for the proton.

Let's wait what Olafsson's measurements will reveal! When I "talked - mail" to Leif it was clear from the details he gave, that the particle is penetrating and generates tons of electrons. So I'm pretty sure there are pions, muons but not only.

The photomultiplier tube (PMT) detector results like these?

If you use a log scale for both energy and counts, it looks almost like 1f noise / pink noise (straight line), albeit with some bumps. Keep in mind that Sveinn Ólafsson also said in the interview that he does not think it's possible to calibrate properly the energy scale of the PMT results.

[14:04] So and here you see the [?] I have on a neutron source, there, which I can use to see if neutrons affecting this Leif's detector, and they're not affecting it in any way. And they I have just a cloud chamber and I'm gonna let you show some new movie afterwards. And this muon detector was what Leif started with. It's simple: it's just a PMT and aluminium foil, and you see this red curve here without active chamber there's no activity, and then we have active chamber and then this detector is detecting this stuff. The problem with this detector it's impossible to calibrate any energy out of it, although we have published papers about it, but I don't believe in it.

It could be a bit of a stretch, but compare the general appearance of the line in the second image above with this one below I took from a test under completely different conditions and completely different measurements:

• Assuming that the anomalous cloud chambers tracts are strange radiation, the ability for this strange radiation to effortlessly enter a closed cloud chamber shows that strange radiation is able to pass through solid matter without any loss of energy.

The assumption is that there are some number of atoms involved in the seed around which strange radiation forms. The process that transforms metallic hydrogen into strange radiation seems to remove the solidity of atomic matter so that atoms can pass through other atoms.

And yet this radiation can interact with the cloud inside the chamber to show its path of flight. It seems to be correct to assume that there are undiscovered factors involved with strange radiation in that it is somehow able to distinguish what type of matter that it is interacting with.

The rules that define how this type of matter/radiation interacts with other matter/radiation is not yet defined.

• SR seems to be able pass perpendicularly right through almost everything without resistance, and yet can’t resist making long squiggly marks on surfaces that are nearly in the same plane as the particle moves in. Strange indeed.

• Looks like Sveinn at least is detecting decaying particles due to the fact that his cloud chamber shows traces within the experiment room and none outside. They could be muons or other particles as suggested.

Muons have a lifetime of approx. 2.2 μs so it may be worth to determine at what distance from his setup traces vanish within his cloud chamber.

Anyway, we need to have some patience for answers of the important questions he presented.

Luckily he has some budget to proceed.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.