LAB COFFEE TIME AND SWOP-SHOP

• For those who are only readers, you have to know that probably the most faithful partner of researchers remains loneliness.

Also the contribution of another person will always give something positive.

And then, if there are bees around the hive, it means that there is also honey in it.

• They are the fans that blow air across the copper coils of the hydrogen gas cooler behind them. It's a strange thing in some ways- the reactor temperature is held at 80-85C but the gas comes out at up to 120C. Hydrogen has very high heat capacity...and the gas bubbles escaping the reaction sites carry a lot of that heat with them..

• I'm spending time on LEC R&D for a presentation at Assisi (IWAHLM) at the end of September. This is principally materials research, and also research to determine if co-dep is an absolute requirement to create a working electrode. That fact has some important consequences.

This simple set us is for smelting alloys of zinc, tin, indium etc as carriers for the metal powders I want to test - the alloys are mostly working as 'glue' to hold metal powders.

Here a trial alloy/powder-composite electrode is being electrolysed. I need to improve my skills in the alloying game- it's a craft I have not practised before.

• If i well understand it's a kind of sintering you use to stick together differents metal particles ?

On another topic, the sputtering way, i had known that Argon atoms around 10% were trapped both with the metal deposited. I'm reporting this because someone once hypothesized this in the LEC context .

• You are nearly there. I'm using low melting point metals like indium or tin as an adhesive to glue (coller) powders that I know adsorb a lot of hydrogen and are active as lenr fuels onto brass sheet electrode blanks. Then these are electrolytically loaded with hydrogen in the hope they become working electrodes. No co-dep, just 'conventional wet loading.

This idea is based on a suggestion from Ed Storms in conversation at ICCF-24 that the LEC is a very sensitive form of 'cold fusion detector' A low voltage low energy Geiger counter.

• You are nearly there. I'm using low melting point metals like indium or tin as an adhesive to glue (coller) powders that I know adsorb a lot of hydrogen and are active as lenr fuels onto brass sheet electrode blanks. Then these are electrolytically loaded with hydrogen in the hope they become working electrodes. No co-dep, just 'conventional wet loading.

This idea is based on a suggestion from Ed Storms in conversation at ICCF-24 that the LEC is a very sensitive form of 'cold fusion detector' A low voltage low energy Geiger counter.

I find Ed Storms suggestion to be fascinating. I think he's right.

Are you going to try to insert inert particles into the lattice to try and produce many ideal NAE?

• Looks really well assembled. How tight the reactor needs to be? I saw the axis of the agitator going through the cap and recalled all

the issues we had in our industrial scale process to create a fish oil “Concentrate”, our vessels were under vacuum and we always wanted to have magnetic couplings but they were expensive for The kind of Power they needed To transfer To the mix.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Curbina Good question! The shaft is supported by 2 sealed ball bearing races inset in the cap the cap which is machined from solid Delrin (That was fun) The shaft is also a close fit but not tight into the Delrin which is also packed with high temperature grease. The bearing races are themselves pressed against silicon rubber seals by springs held in tension by collars on the shaft. It works pretty well, I was surprised by how gas-tight it seems to be.

• Curbina Good question! The shaft is supported by 2 sealed ball bearing races inset in the cap the cap which is machined from solid Delrin (That was fun) The shaft is also a close fit but not tight into the Delrin which is also packed with high temperature grease. The bearing races are themselves pressed against silicon rubber seals by springs held in tension by collars on the shaft. It works pretty well, I was surprised by how gas-tight it seems to be.

That’s great, I stopped the video and zoomed it for looking closer and now I see it better.

This kind of stuff fascinates me because scaling up from lab to industrial is always fun and challenging, and stirring through reactor caps when you need perfect tightness is always an issue.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• The thing to remember is that this is low pressure stuff which is much easier The reaction kinetics are unusual, go above just 1 bar and 95C and the products change completely, so the reactor is held in a tight window of pressure and temperature.

• Alan Smith , I want to ask for your opinion about a couple of things as I am deciding which materials and equipments are better to purchase (in a shoestring budget) since I am compelled by curiosity and relative simplicity of achieving a LEC replication.

You already provided me the link for the Nickel Foam alike the one you used, but just to be sure, can you confirm is the 200mm x 300mm x 1mm sheet that is shown in this link?

And also, what do you think of this Adjustable Power Supply?

• I think you should buy the slightly thicker 1.5mm foam - the 1mm is very floppy but 1.5 mm is stiff enough to use in modest amounts with no additional support. BTW, big bonus is that you can solder onto it very easily with ordinary multicore solder as used for electronics.

Power supply looks like good value. I have two home-brew ones in the lab, Each has 3 channels with voltage and current control up to 60V and 15A perchannel. The driver unit is a 2kW server PSU. The parts were all cheap enough. I'll find some links. And a picture.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.