Aquarius Energy Inc. Patents, Inventor Skills, and Company Clues

• This patent is formidable...

The patent examiner posted each of the six patent citations. A well read and up to date patent examiner group is working a whole bunch of related patent iterations.

Note Google and Spindletop

Aquarius Energy Inc.

CEO John Fitzgerald Dodaro

Visiting Scholar at Stanford University

I'm a a theoretical solid state physicist with a background in applied mathematics. I currently work on topics in high-temperature superconductivity and strongly correlated quantum materials, though I've had the opportunity to research phenomena on all scales, from detection of the highest energy particles to astrophysical surveys of our galaxy. My interests include nuclear physics and energy storage.

LENR PATENT

WO2020190978 - SYSTEMS AND METHODS FOR NUCLEAR FUSION

Inventors

John F. DODARO,

Ralph A. Dalla Betta,

Ricardo B. LEVY

Application PCT/US2020/023216 events

2019-03-20 Priority to US201962821244P 2019-03-20 Priority to US62/821,244 

2020-03-17 Application filed by Aquarius Energy, Inc

2020-09-24 Publication of WO2020190978A1

Patent Citations (6)

US20070206714A1 *Conceicao Jose D

Propulsion motor

US20080296519A1 *Larsen Lewis G

Apparatus and Method for Absorption of Incident Gamma Radiation and its Conversion to Outgoing Radiation at Less Penetrating, Lower Energies and Frequencies

US20090086877A1 *Spindletop Corporation

Methods and apparatus for energy conversion using materials comprising molecular deuterium and molecular hydrogen-deuterium

US20090213975A1 *Alan Charles Sturt

Method and Apparatus for Heat Production

US20160329118A1 *Mitchell R. Swartz

Machine to detect Phonon Gain to Control Desired Reactions in an Electrically Driven Hydrogen Loaded Material

US20190043624A1 *Google Inc.

Enhanced Electron Screening Through Plasmon Oscillations

• NSIT Technologies:NSIT Technologies is a consulting and contract services company founded by Ralph A. Dalla Betta who acts as the primary consultant and staffing lead. The company offers a broad and deep expertise in the areas of catalytic system design, chemical and physical sensor design, technical program management, technology commercialization, product failure analysis and technology assessment. Dr. Dalla Betta’s long career in many different areas of technology development, prototype production and commercialization can help your company bring together the required services to solve problems and accelerate product development.

• Very impessive skillset

Dalla Betta is from Catalytica

Ralph A. Dalla Betta, Ph.D.

NSIT Technologies, Inc.

Recent Career Overview

Ralph Dalla Betta managed the technology development group at Catalytica Inc. and Catalytica Energy Systems where he led teams that invented innovative technical concepts, lead teams that developed and demonstrated the technology and worked with the engineering groups to commercialize the technology.

• Official Post

I don’t know but reading the patent it looks like they are trying to ride the lattice confinement fusion train, and taking a lot of known concepts into a mashup. Looks like patent trolling at first sight, hope I am wrong.

Possible of course, but I cant think of a worse business to patent troll than LENR. As far as I know, the only person to have profited from the field so far is Rossi. Everyone else loses money. Only a handful of patents have been granted, while all the rest have been rejected. Surely there are more lucrative ways to troll?

Aquarius has raised $775,000 so far from 3 investors. Hopefully they did their due diligence.

• The patent has pourous dual lattice elements that remind me of a Dennis Cravens early patent. Now he works with Industrial Heat

.https://patents.google.com/pat…nventor=Dennis+J.+CravensCold fusion propulsion apparatus and energy generating apparatusAbstract Propulsion apparatus employs 'cold fusion' of deuterium absorbed in a metal host lattice (7) to generate a heated momentum exchange effluent stream from the deuterium itself and/or to heat a momentum exchange fluid to provide a propulsive impulse upon exhausting through a nozzle (9). Thermal efficiency of a propulsion apparatus and an energy generating apparatus employing such 'cold fusion' of deuterium in a metal host lattice (7) is improved by using a deuterium (hydrogen)-absorbing metal lattice alloyed or compound with one or more of W, Re, Mo, Tu, Ti, Ir and C to raise the lattice melting point and permit higher 'cold fusion'

Aquarius hasTHz control it seems... that's different, but mentioned in a few other works, like NASA, Google...Never seen a patent quite like this. The nano physics, control and construction of advanced catalytics are these folks expertise.I thought something like this would come out of the Google/Munday Labs group or Liviu Popa Simil though.

From the Aquarius patent

0013] FIG. 1 shows an example of a fusion catalyst core comprising a nanoparticle of palladium with a face centered cubic structure.

0014] FIG. 2 shows an example of a fusion catalyst core deposited inside a single wall carbon nanotube.

0015] FIG. 3 shows an example of a fusion catalyst core deposited inside a multiwall carbon nanotube.

0016] FIG. 4 shows an example of a fusion catalyst core deposited inside a multiwall carbon nanotube inside a coating of porous ceramic.

0017] FIG. 5A shows an example of a growth process of carbon nanotubes on a flat substrate.

0018] FIG. 5B shows an example of long carbon nanotubes forming a“forest” like structure on a flat structure.

0019] FIG. 6 shows an example of a fusion catalyst core comprising a layer on a plate.[0020] FIG. 7 shows an example of a thermal electric generation system using a fusion catalyst core configured to generate steam to drive a steam turbine.

0021] FIG. 8 shows an example of a fusion catalyst core deposited as a layer on a heat exchanger surface configured to transfer heat to a heat transfer medium.

0022] FIG. 9 shows an example of a primary battery design using deuterium fuel and a thermoelectric plate.

0023] FIG. 10 shows an example of a thermal generation system comprising a flat plate reactor.

0024] FIG. 11 shows a flowchart for an example of a method for nuclear fusion.

0025] FIG. 12 shows a flowchart for an example of a method for low-energy nuclear fusion.

0026] FIG. 13 shows a computer control system that is programmed or otherwise configured to implement methods provided herein.

• Application PCT/US2020/023216 events

2019-03-20 Priority to US201962821244P 2019-03-20 Priority to US62/821,244

2020-03-17 Application filed by Aquarius Energy, Inc

2020-09-24 Publication of WO2020190978A1

I had a quick look.

This is a typical patent troll that tries to cover a whole field without any understanding of the field. So certainly this patent has Zero value.

• Official Post

I had a quick look.

This is a typical patent troll that tries to cover a whole field without any understanding of the field. So certainly this patent has Zero value.

I had the same impression basically because as I was reading the claims I was thinking “ this comes from Piantelli, this from Hagelstein, this from NASA, etc”, even the carbon nanotubes comes from another previous granted patent that we discussed months ago that was brought to our attention by goldinium.

• Bio

Ricardo Levy is an executive and entrepreneur whose career spans more than three decades of founding and building successful businesses. Born and raised in South America to a European immigrant family, he completed engineering studies in the United States at Stanford and Princeton before returning to South America to run a family business. In 1969 he sold the business and returned to the United States to complete his Ph.D. at Stanford in the field of catalytic chemistry. In 1974, after a number of years in the petroleum and petrochemical industry, he co-founded his first entrepreneurial venture, Catalytica, a research and development firm serving the chemical, pharmaceutical, and clean energy industries. The firm’s discoveries resulted in over one hundred patents and led to the formation of three companies, one of which became, under Levy’s leadership, the largest supplier to the pharmaceutical industry in North America and was sold to European firm DSM in 2000. He has served on several public and private Boards, is Chairman of the Board of a private analytics software company, and from 2010 to 2016 served on the Advisory Board of the Santa Clara University Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship, a global incubator of social entrepreneurs. He continues to be a mentor for that program. He is a Lecturer at the Stanford University Chemical Engineering Department, where he teaches a course on entrepreneurship, leadership and new venture creation. He is the author of the book “Letters to a Young Entrepreneur: Succeeding in Business Without Losing at Life – A Leader’s Ongoing Journey” published in 2015. Throughout his life, Dr. Levy has pursued a keen interest in spirituality and personal growth and his conviction that a person’s inner beliefs and purpose are deeply linked to business success. He has continually applied his diverse studies to his roles as a business leader, mentor and teacher.

• Official Post

I think these guys have the will, skills and resources to have played around making a few reactor cores... or more... before filing that patent. I believe the patent is based on works done by them.

Can’t rule out that, but a patent without photographs looks like a great dedication to think more than to do. Would be glad to be proven wrong. I many ways this patent application reminds me the one of Etiam Oy. (Had written Oysten Lande, lack of morning coffee).

• Without creating products from doing a lot of thinking about ideas Catalytica would not have been successful serving the chemical, pharmaceutical, and clean energy industries.

I expect the need for advanced nano catalyst structures and electro magnetic catalytic process control methods will lead to companies with products created to serve CMNS energy industries.

I need to research and study this for a while... cold fusion as "solid state fusion"... cold fusion as a catalytic process... THz control and sensors... LENR energy systems...

Aquarius is in to make products.

• From what I see each have quite a bit of money... more than enough. These guys don't need money and their credit runs deep.

Initial offerings are often to solidify or develop chosen partners equity balance. Three investors account for $775,000 of the $1.5 M offered up. Who they are, I don't know. Nice to see this rolling out of Stanford though... SRI and friends might know them. Certainly the Petroleum Institute does.

I expect to see more patents from them related to reactor core material construction and process control systems for the many reaction methods developed by CMNS researchers.

• The Google cold fusion patent citation....

Google Inc. follows such pings...

We'll follow these developments.

Interesting... This patent examiner does.

This group is not a bunch of patent trolls. Silly to think so after reading up on each of the inventors... In fact they may have been quietly working on this for a decade and only disclosing a bit of what they know, like Google has. We know less about their knowledge than they do, certainly wrong judgement displays ignorance when jumping to hasty conclusions.

Everything we have read about this science, even MFMP and LENR Forum discussions, they have likely studied and considered.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.