Help needed: tools for webcam interview, journalism

• Official Post

Hi all,

I need help from people experienced with video tools.

I am invited to an event in few weeks and I would like to propose interview. I have an obsolete netbook from 2009, no skype video, but a USB webcam ok to record fair interview with fair sound.

my naive plan is simply to report a MP4 as 720p and publish on youtube...
    do you have a better idea ? some talk about twitch, youtube via some broadcast tools

I have installed Open Broadcaster Software https://obsproject.com/ but no idea if it can work.

I would like too to make subtitles once the interview is finished...

As people have probably noticed I'm a man of plain text... ;(

• Dear Alain,
    I'm not really up on the subject but...
    That software seems specifically for video streaming, you will need video recording software I think.
    Possible a 5yr old netbook will not be powerful enough?
    You may be better using a smartphone or tablet, software already built in and recording capacity only limited by the size of sd card installed if the quality of sound is not too important. Using a program called airdroid you can remotely control a phone or tablet computer from a windows browser as long as both have internet connection. It might be possible to remote control using bluetooth I don't know.
    Hope this gives you some ideas and good luck with the interview

• Official Post

I've discovered another of my netbook.... windows XP, so forget OBS.
    However I've just found Google Hangouts "OnAir". Maybe it can do the job.

I will make test soon. any experience with that ?

one useful things maybe feedback, questions, from the net...

• Sorry Alain I did post again yesterday, obviously forgot to press submit :cursing:
    anyway loads of stuff out there which will allow remote control by bluetooth, but the advantage of airdroid (i'm sure there are others maybe better) is that you can monitor what the phone is seeing on whatever size screen your laptop has :) I think that would be the cheapest easiest solution unless you want to be in it too... in which case I doubt it could be done without a 3rd person. Who you hoping to interview anyway??????

• Official Post

I understand what you say, but my phone is even worse than my laptop.
    anyway I succeeded in making a real time video with youtube/hangouts/onair...
    anyway maybe I should ask of one of the participant laptop just for the hangout, following the event on youtube, and relaying questions from the forum

Who you hoping to interview anyway??????

many gray hairs, some young startupper and few tight suit... :whistling:
    not yet a reactor,except maybe :huh: ... but not LENR...

sorry the interview can be positive or negative. :D

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.