What should we do next ? - A relevant question from Matt Trevithick

• Wet chemistry F&P replication is limited to a temperature of ~100C

as with Michael Staker 2019..

I do not think so. The electrolyte can be pressurized. That would be similar to a pressurized water reactor (PWR) fission reactor. These could not be as hot as a gas loaded system, but they could be hot enough for 30% Carnot efficiency.

• I don't believe we will need billions of dollar to determine if LENR happens. It does.

I agree that LENR happens. This was demonstrated conclusively by late 1990. However, how to control and make it into a practical source of energy is not known. Discovering that might cost hundreds of millions of dollars, possibly billions of dollars. There is no theory to guide this process, so it has to be done by trial and error, which is very expensive, time consuming, and wasteful.

• Sorry JedRothwell but pressurized electrolyte is really really oldfashion, if someone needs technical help for some coins i can help them..This is what i said yesterday 1989 are so far but already so close.

Rather than using pressurized water it"s really more relevant to use metal liquids as Gallium for example.

Gallium is used for example to replace Pd for purification membrane , able to well dissociate H2 as all metals solids OR liquids.

I do not think so. The electrolyte can be pressurized. That would be similar to a pressurized water reactor (PWR) fission reactor. These could not be as hot as a gas loaded system, but they could be hot enough for 30% Carnot efficiency.

• Quickly this is what i should do with the prefered MCK toy.

Pd particles loaded at high temperature by directly H mono splitted by the gallium bath.

But we have to wait again 11 years before the year 2000 considering the field speed of thoughts.

• Sorry JedRothwell but pressurized electrolyte is really really oldfashion, if someone needs technical help for some coins i can help them.

Okay maybe it is old fashioned, but that is not what you said before. You said: "Wet chemistry F&P replication is limited to a temperature of ~100C." That is incorrect. It is not limited to a temperature of ~100°C.

(If a pressurized cell works well, who cares if it is old fashioned?)

• I agree that LENR happens. This was demonstrated conclusively by late 1990. However, how to control and make it into a practical source of energy is not known. Discovering that might cost hundreds of millions of dollars, possibly billions of dollars. There is no theory to guide this process, so it has to be done by trial and error, which is very expensive, time consuming, and wasteful.

I have provided a clear theory backed by statistically highly accurate measurements. It says cold fusion happens but the energy expectation based on hot fusion theory is wrong. The output energy is in the range of 4/10000 of the thermodynamic calculation.

Experiments like LEC let us look at the non-thermal output. What cold fusion does is it produces a star in a jar. What is needed sorely is more creative ideas about what radiates from a cold fusion star.

• I have provided a clear theory backed by statistically highly accurate measurements. It says cold fusion happens but the energy expectation based on hot fusion theory is wrong.

Well, if it turns out your theory is right, and if others agree it is right, that may be a big help. I cannot judge theory so I wouldn't know about that. If it turns out your theory is wrong, and so are the theories and models of other people, then we are stuck. We have to use trial and error. That was my point.

• :thumbup: Yes, you are right, water if pressurized isn't limited, is able to be drived at higher temperature, yes.

Now, the weak point of water is the need of electrolytes to carry the current.
    As a plasma a few amount of ionized species are enough to carry the current.
    At cathode surface, that implies that only few points are able to fill by H+ deeply the cathode.

Now, if you use another way as metal liquid ( Ga or LIH hehehe) the rate between H+ vs cathodes atoms will be higher very higher.. In the same MCK expectation with 0,9 between Pd vs D in his case.

This a kind of trick i explained too by my " essay' here using the Redox way from iron.

Iwamura last experiment is relevant too, because H+ are carried by amorphous copper and nickel used.

And more of that at iwamura experiment running temperature copper is quasi melted, generating an H+ high concentration against the nickel interface.

At this stage electrons waves resonance do the rest of the job.

Okay maybe it is old fashioned, but that is not what you said before. You said: "Wet chemistry F&P replication is limited to a temperature of ~100C." That is incorrect. It is not limited to a temperature of ~100°C.

(If a pressurized cell works well, who cares if it is old fashioned?)

• Official Post

You said: "Wet chemistry F&P replication is limited to a temperature of ~100C." That is incorrect. It is not limited to a temperature of ~100°C.

This (pressurised electrolysis) would be a new field. A couple of things come to mind, most particularly that many chemical and (potentially) electro-chemical redox reactions change completely when you go over 100C. So you might have to create a new fuel system and use novel electrolytes to avoid the unexpected.

Conventional water-splitting works at almost any pressure - with little increase in power demand- but this is done in a cooled reactor. Linde Gas make H2/O2 at 700+ Bar this way in their newer plants - it saves the cost and fuss of using a compression stage. So it might be possible.

• This (pressurised electrolysis) would be a new field.

The hot/dry Mizuno R20 reactor uses low pressure H2/D2 in the millibar range

temperatures of 300 C are achieved with a wet watery electrolysis at a high pressure of ~90 bar..

wet electrolysis severely limits the temperature/pressure flexiblity..

here is an 11 bar pressure vessel

https://merxu.com/en/offer/air…4-4894-9ac8-9f83ad2ab990/

• I have to ask an expert, what way should excite the more an H monoatomic ?

1- classic water electrolysed

2- Pd solid or liquid metal diffusion

3- chemical reaction for example this one i proposed H2O+ Fe

• I have to ask an expert, what way should excite the more an H monoatomic ?

1- classic water electrolysed

2- Pd solid or liquid metal diffusion

3- chemical reaction for example this one i proposed H2O+ Fe

For minimizing energy required, door number 3 I would think.

Randell Mills has recently been putting the H2 gas input through a glow discharge (to produce atomic H presumably) just before it enters the raging Suncell inferno. Result is a notable increased net energy gain.

• Thanks Mark U this is also my current expectation.

@Alan i well know likes to give elegance in his solutions, this is his deep temperament.

I, for one, think that I am especially pragmatic .. the important thing above all and that's what I believe, what Kervran also believes, is to bring a very excited mono H to the nickel atom.

• Well, i have done the same earlier.

It was my understanding about last Ecat Ht release before the Lugano one.

Above 700° hydrogen leaks very fast..

See my chart:

The global mounting was as here below:

Unfortunately, no XSH.. Now i explain this by the lack of H strongly excited.

A simple diffusion seems to not be able to do that.

In the case of Safire, the cathode/anode current will do this job, exciting H mono after SS tube diffusion.

About things i said by my essay, the iron/steam will also do this job. This is was i forgotten about my Ecat Ht poster, in fact the mix includes both iron, lithium, hydrogen and water.

SAFIRE report from 2017 and with the talk of monoatomic hydrogen in this thread I think some of you may find this clip interesting:

• My dear friend Ahlfors i suggest you make an effort in the argument, even me the old bear, I think I am improving :)

I'm very familiar with gallium membranes trapped in SIC but they do not do better than simple Pd gas diffusion. They will not generate excited states at output side.

Method for preparing metal electrode on diamond anvil cell

https://patents.google.com/patent/CN105261555A/en

Supported Molten Metal Membranes for Hydrogen Separation

https://www.osti.gov/biblio/1123819

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.