What is the current state of LENR?

• We all think gravity is solely related to mass but, obviously, mass simply correlates with a gravitation factor in most matter, and some matter has, for reasons unknown, a great concentration of gravitation factor. It would be wonderful if we could harness it.

Do you have a reference for that? The reason I ask is that the proof for cold fusion in the patent application in an earlier quote from me in this thread is based on the existence of supermagnetic atoms. My best explanation of how atoms become supermagnetic is based on states of hydrogen that are time dilated and space-contracted. In essence an abundance of these atoms could make a rock with a higher gravitational factor, R.

• is effective from 25 W to at least 450 W, and is big enough to contain Mizuno’s calorimeter.

So... no flaw in Mizuno's airflow measurement?? there were so many tantalising posts...on the Mizuno thread..

but never a big reveal..

My mass air flow calorimeter runs at about 98 % recovery, is effective from 25 W to at least 450 W, and is big enough to contain Mizuno’s calorimeter. How’s s yours

It should be more than big enough to hold my pre-embryonic borozircon Pluton 101 reactor... needs to run at 535C...just a gleam in my mindseye... tantalizing??

• Do you have a reference for that? The reason I ask is that the proof for cold fusion in the patent application in an earlier quote from me in this thread is based on the existence of supermagnetic atoms. My best explanation of how atoms become supermagnetic is based on states of hydrogen that are time dilated and space-contracted. In essence an abundance of these atoms could make a rock with a higher gravitational factor, R.

I'm afraid my initial assertion was located near my abductor pollicis, which was up my culus at the exact moment I reached my conclusion. However, should I further enhance my theories, you will be among the first to know. I have no personal knowledge or mathematical understanding of either time-dilation or space-contraction; I merely spin a good yarn.

• You do that by repeating the experiment many times at high signal to noise ratios and getting the same answer, and then have it independently replicated.

The anonymous hacks never talk about Dr Michael Staker's 2018 replication of Fleischmann/Pons....

using calorimetry with a high signal to noise ratio..

If SF writer cyoung is not a fictional character... he might have a talk to Michael..( who is not anonymous)

and does not indulge in "antiPopperian " rhetoric.

just experimentation... grinding ..step by step....

but LENR has moved on from wet electrolysis at 100C, atmospheric pressure.. of 1989

many of the promising results are coming from much higher temps... gas/solid phase and low pressure ...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So... no flaw in Mizuno's airflow measurement?? there were so many tantalising posts...on the Mizuno thread..

but never a big reveal..

It should be more than big enough to hold my pre-embryonic borozircon Pluton 101 reactor... needs to run at 535C...just a gleam in my mindseye... tantalizing??

There are plenty of things that could be fairly easily improved, (and maybe some of these things have been already addressed) that could possibly cause errors as large as the reported excess heat. I have reported them, and made simple suggestions to ameliorate these potential issues. However, despite any shortcomings, Mizuno’s calorimeter is sufficient to detect excess heat compared to a calibration run in similar conditions, as far as I can tell. Truthfully, a cardboard calorimeter box would work, probably at about 50% recovery in the 150-3OO watt range.

The most important improvements that I suggest are (in no particular order):

1) Improve the air inlet geometry. Get the wires, tubing, etc. out of the intake orifice. Get the inlet thermocouple away from the calorimeter box envelope (5 cm is probably lots). Use a dedicated inlet duct which is larger than the outlet. Be very cautious of the thermocouple geometry within the inlet airflow. Ensure that calorimeter inside air cannot be drawn by back eddy to the thermocouple. Pulsing/oscillating/cycling outlet temperatures can be (often) caused by the outlet fan fighting the inlet or outlet for enough air flow, resulting in a ‘hunting’ condition.

2) Get heavy bricks, and any other excess mass out of the calorimeter envelope wherever possible. Excess mass means excess time to reach temperature equilibrium for a given power step. Just three standard fire bricks, for example, can add 40 minutes to an hour (or more) to the settling period at each input power step, and even longer if the calorimeter recovery is poor. Acrylic (Mizuno’s calorimeter box) has a large specific heat, and itself is a considerable source of delayed equilibrium. The acrylic box itself seems to add about 30 to 40 minutes to the temperature equilibrium settling period. (Each material has its pros and cons, so some compromise is expected here.)

3) Improve the insulation. Bubble foil is poor insulation except for radiant heat, and only then if it does not touch anything. It has an R value of about 1.2 at best.

4)Be certain the calorimeter actually reaches thermal equilibrium. Plots from several tests seem to show reactors not reaching equilibrium in either or both calibration and active tests (equilibrium is signified by a horizontal Delta Temperature trace over an extended period). The power steps, calibrations, etc cannot be effectively compared to each other except with data collected at thermal equilibrium.

• Mizuno’s calorimeter is sufficient to detect excess heat compared to a calibration run in similar conditions, as far as I can tell.

Great..

actually Staker had 1 ton of Benelex on the outside... but then his reactors were surrounded by glass..

not 316ss

for the Pluton101 I may need Benelex or concrete.. since the zircon has about 400 ppm Actinides...

• https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StakerMRpreprintco.pdf

Coupled Calorimetry and Resistivity Measurements, in Conjunction

with an Emended and More Complete Phase Diagram of the

Palladium–Isotopic Hydrogen System

He is good.

he was thinking the location of D in the Pa lattice.

The below Is my theory Dis at the surface T site.

from the neutron scattering measurement of D in Pd Nano-powder, which shows that D is at the surface T site.

• Great..

actually Staker had 1 ton of Benelexon the outside... but then his reactors were surrounded by glass..

not 316ss

for the Pluton101 I may need Benelex or concrete.. since the zircon has about 400 ppm Actinides...

I bet one could construct a constant delta T mass air flow calorimeter using fan RPM feedback to control DT, and it would be perfectly legitimate and people would have a fit about air mass and fan laws etc till the cows come home.

• What is the current state of LENR?

I explained everywhere about the cold fusion theory, and I again would like to explain here.

Review the following paper.

Novel Cold Fusion Reactor with Deuterium Supply From Backside and Metal Surface Potential Control

https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.30250.95688

Neutron to be Tightly Bound Proton-Electron Pair and Nucleus to be Constituted by Protons and Internal Electrons

https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.27304.49926

(1) The most researchers have been Confusing Cold Fusion with FPE for a long-term.

FPE is just electrolysis in D2O and Cold fusion is the fusion of D-D at surface T site of the metal.

(2) Cold Fusion must be after D absorption.

(3) Mechanism of cold fusion is the hydride bond compression

BFPE and LENR(Cold Fusion) is

the most experiments is based on FPE with the same configuration with Pt wire mesh gage and electrolysis condition in D2O, etc.

Tne experiment has bee the same condition

• DO NOT forget my theory

hydride bond compression

Novel Cold Fusion Reactor with Deuterium Supply From Backside and Metal Surface Potential Control

Neutron to be Tightly Bound Proton-Electron Pair and Nucleus to be Constituted by Protons and Internal Electrons

https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.27304.49926

MHE are Hard Radiation Free: MHEでは放射線・放射能は無視できる

==>This can be explained by bond compression theory based on Electron deep orbit.

small hydrogen with electron deep orbit can shield the coulomb repulsive force completely so the reaction is softer.

The cause of such high energetic particle and gamma ray is caused by the excited state of 4He,

but Cold fusion has no excited state of 4He.

• He focused on the property of bulk metal considering the vacancy.

But Cold Fusion is the surface reaction and Nano-structure on the metal surface is needed , so These feature need to be considered rather than bulk property.

• T

FPE is just electrolysis in D2O

he FPE effect is the production of xs heat during electrolysis.

There is very little experimental evidence for the individual steps producing the FPE effect

Helium production appears to be simultaneous with the FPE..

whatever other processes are happening to the deuterium during and after formation in electrolysis,

are still unclear

The times involved in these processes may be very small.... nano ..pico seconds...

Perhaps they will leave distinguishable gamma signatures...

In the Takahashi reported experiments huge excursions in the temperature of the incoming

hydrogen have been observed.. but these have been put down to turbulence...

they may be a signal of a prefusion step.

Our electrochemical experiments unambiguously show a direct correlation between the time of generation

of excess enthalpy and power and the production of 4He, established in the absence of outside contamination. This correlation in the palladium/D2O system provides strong evidence that nuclear processes are occurring in these

electrolytic experiments and that helium is produced at or near the surface of the palladium rather than deeper in the bulk metal. The major gaseous fusion product in D2O + LiOD is 4He rather than 3 He.

No experimental evidence for helium products, excess enthalpy or radiation is found in H2O + LiOH control experiments

Miles et al 1992

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesMcorrelatio.pdf

• The electrode configuration on the left-1 is different from others(2-4)

1 has no wire(Pt)

1 has the fastest reaction(largest excess energy generation)

Pt wire cage affects the electric field between Pt wire cage and Pd Rod surface.

But Cold fusion trigger is needed without Pt wire cage.

• All of the experiment on the replication of FPE can be understand by my theory.

The Pt wire is a key to understand the FPE.

I have not read this paper so I do not understand the cause of this long duration of heat generation.

If someone have the paper, could you send me the paper???

This graph means that the total excess heat generation is determined

by the total amount of D in Pd Rod.

This is the most difficult issue to be solved.

I proposed the D supply from the backside of metal or

Ni-D metal on the backside of the reaction surface.

Without sufficient D density in Pd Rod, the current can not trigger cold Fusion under PFE.

Novel Cold Fusion Reactor with Deuterium Supply

From Backside and Metal Surface Potential Control

• all is explained in my paper.

• does it contain experimental evidence for the individual steps?

All theory is based on the experimental data of other researchers.

engineering research by battery researchers

Replication of FPE by Takahashi

The below(Left figure) is no experimental data just theory of the right figure.

The below is the theoretical researches.

• do you think the Takahashi TC4 effects in Hydrogen approacihing the reactor could be

deuterium pre reaction before fusion..

as you know there is no electrolysis in the gas phase reactors

Takahashi attributes thes to turbulence..

Ascoli65 attributed these to airconditioning... but this cause is impossible.

since the calorimeter is isolated from the laboratory air.

14305-pnz-png

14304-cnz-riseup-png

• >there is no electrolysis in the gas phase reactors

>deuterium pre reaction before fusion..

YES GAS D2 Loading need the Cold fusion step.

RF ARC reactor has the RF voltage input

Takahashi insists that RF input create the RF plasma in D2O but actually this is switching D absorption and Cold Fusion.(Right Figure)

Also D2 gas loading in chamber can create D absorption and cold fusion(Left figure, and Right Fugure-(A))

Takahashi misunderstand the impact on the insulator.

He insisted that surface insulator can enhance the excess heat, but the cause is not clear.

[2] A. Takahashi, A. Mega, T. Takeuchi, H. Miyamaru and T. Iida, Anomalous excess heat by D2O/Pd Cell under L-H mode electrolysis, Third International Conference on Cold Fusion "Frontiers of Cold Fusion". Nagoya Japan: (Universal Academy Press, Inc., Tokyo, Japan, 1992). Also available from

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/TakahashiAanomalouse.pdf.

[3] R. Salot, F. Lefebvre-Joud, Electrochemical behavior of thin anodic oxide films on Zircaloy-4, role of the mobile defects, J. Electrochem. Soc., 143 (12) (1996) 3902-3909.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.