What is the current state of LENR?

• So... no flaw in Mizuno's airflow measurement?? there were so many tantalising posts...on the Mizuno thread..

but never a big reveal..

It should be more than big enough to hold my pre-embryonic borozircon Pluton 101 reactor... needs to run at 535C...just a gleam in my mindseye... tantalizing??

The main result of that exercise what that Mizuno's record-keeping and methodology was so poor as to make his results not reliable: replication was required.

I was hoping that would be pretty easy but it seems not - and negative on replication is what damns that possibility.

• I should have replied to this.

The null hypothesis you suggest is clear enough I agree - for the hypothesis that there is some (by definition nuclear) reaction that turns hydrogen nuclei into deuterium. in a given system. I am very happy with it, and agree it is a possible definition of LENR.

Not science yet - but more than enough - if the hypothesis is proven everyone can jump onto explaining why and investigating further.

My concern with this is why is such an experiment is not accepted by all in LENR community as completely replicable can't be explained any other way experiment? Or is it? In which case I'd expect the google guys to replicate - they have enough money and were asking for ideas?

If such an experiment is not replicable - then while your LENR hypothesis is good science it is good science that fails experimental validation.

By replicable, as I'm sure you know, I mean the same anomaly being detected and remaining robust against different ways of measurement and checking for artifacts. I do not mean a complex system which when put together in different ways by different people has (different) anomalous behaviour each time.

So: is it that the proof of LENR exists but a few $1,000,000 has not been put in the right place? Or not?

THH

• I have proposed an alternative hypothesis that the centre of galaxies is not a black hole which the stars revolve around but rather is simply an area of space-time held at absolute zero on the Kelvin scale. It has been demonstrated by a Nature paper recently that very close to absolute 0 photons stop!!! Neutron stars yes when matter condenses down and when a critical density is achieved a new supernova results. Lots and Lots of big bangs repeating themselves eternally. All we have to do now is modify Einstein's special theory of Relativity to tap into LENR because the energy is universally everywhere. :)

• Coincidences, coincidences.

Amusingly I live in Morley, at one corner of the "rhubarb triangle" but I rarely eat rhubarb.

Also the Santander bank is the the one that I have my account with.

Sadly none of the $176 million appeared in my bank account.

On the plus side Santander announced they are closing my local branch in Morley to save some money, I see why they need to save the money now. ;)

• So: is it that the proof of LENR exists but a few $1,000,000 has not been put in the right place? Or not?

Evidence exists that Google spent/put their money in the right place. They publicly present wet cell experiments failure and have yet to disclose the advanced dry cell/multi layer nano tech experiments which are the basis of their three patents. The quest for a wet cell 'lab rat' hides their quest for a viable CMNS energy technology advanced state of the art reactor for market entry.

To understand the current state of LENR as Google sees it, requires a discussion of the patents they hold, not what has been presented in the press. The latest patent they developed with the Department of Energy is a fine example of the current state of LENR/CMNS energy technology.

• This is not, my friend, because you will cross the Dumbarton bridge that you will be in Google's good books.. As far as possible...

Evidence exists that Google spent put their money in the right place. They publicly present wet cell experiments failure and have yet to disclose the advanced dry cell/multi layer nano tech experiments which are the basis of their three patents. The quest for a wet cell 'lab rat' hides their quest for a viable CMNS energy technology advanced state of the art reactor for market entry.

To understand the current state of LENR as Google sees it, requires a discussion of the patents they hold, not what has been presented in the press. The latest patent they developed with the Department of Energy is a fine example of the current state if LENR.

• LENR can be something of a disappointment for new players..

This Russian LLC ran out of finance after 2 years

Nice graphs though.

. Around 50 experiments
    with fuel were conducted with various additional ingredients, different forms of Ni, pure hydrogen and
    hydrogen-deuterium mixtures according to the experiments cited above. No statistically significant levels of
    the heat production were found in any of the experiments,with less than 1.5% accuracy in terms of heater
    https://iopscience.iop.org/art…1088/2399-6528/ac29ee/pdf

• "Most recently Dr. Grimshaw assisted Jed Rothwell, author of the LENR-CANR website (one of the foremost online LENR resources), in converting a book that was published in hard copy into electronic form." http://lenrgy.net/experience/

Integrated Policymaking for Realizing Benefits and Mitigating Secondary Impacts of Cold Fusion

By Thomas W. Grimshaw

Published: November 5th 2018

DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.78323

Integrated Policymaking for Realizing Benefits and Mitigating Secondary Impacts of Cold Fusion
    The potential benefits of LENR as an energy source have been well understood since its announcement in 1989. Improved prospects of LENR in recent years are…
    www.intechopen.com

• By the way, there really is a rhubarb triangle. I did not make that up. It is between Wakefield, Morley and Rothwell. There is a sculpture of rhubarb in Wakefield. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhubarb_Triangle

Academically speaking...

This is when I say something to Jed Rothwell that offends him and gets me banned from LENR Forum once again.

• Why do you say the first peak at line 80 does not exist? It seems far above the other fluctuations.

I was not. I was saying the rightmost two do not exist. The first peak is a clear peak I agree. But one peak... It depends how many fudge factors there are in the theory that predicts precisely the energy of the "neutron waves", and also whether the theoretical justification was done post hoc looking at the experimental results. In that case even if there is no obvious fudge factor trying out different ideas can fit one peak fairly easily.

Anyway, my point was that the data does not show 3 peaks.

• Evidence exists that Google spent/put their money in the right place. They publicly present wet cell experiments failure and have yet to disclose the advanced dry cell/multi layer nano tech experiments which are the basis of their three patents. The quest for a wet cell 'lab rat' hides their quest for a viable CMNS energy technology advanced state of the art reactor for market entry.

To understand the current state of LENR as Google sees it, requires a discussion of the patents they hold, not what has been presented in the press. The latest patent they developed with the Department of Energy is a fine example of the current state of LENR/CMNS energy technology.

That is one reading.

Another reading is that patents - especially in this area - are done speculatively based on a hypothesised mechanism or class of mechanisms which has not yet been validated.

I think if they had found something we would have heard about it.

THH

• I should have replied to this.

The null hypothesis you suggest is clear enough I agree - for the hypothesis that there is some (by definition nuclear) reaction that turns hydrogen nuclei into deuterium. in a given system. I am very happy with it, and agree it is a possible definition of LENR.

Because the cold fusion process I propose does not produce a significant amount of high energy products, fusion/fission was proposed based on balance of elements into reaction compared to elements out of reaction. The first proposed reaction is 7D2 +O2 = 2H2 +2N2. It comes from data you quoted above. There is no hydrogen to deuterium proposed here.

However, take two carbon rods place them in water at high voltage-current such that an arc occurs under water and one produces AquaFuel. Since NASA has provided us a composition analysis of AquaFuel and we know the first proposed reaction one can do mass balance on Aquafuel based on the assumptions: 2H2 = 2D2, water as source of oxygen and hydrogen, 7D2 +O2 = 2H2 +2N2 and any produced gas may have contamination with atmospheric gas but nothing else. The overall nuclear reaction is 12H2O = 2N2 +5O2. This is the second proposed reaction. The question is what is the origin of nitrogen in sample NASA analyzed? The mass balance provides the answer. The sample contained 3.818 ppm nitrogen. The mass balance indicates 1.688 ppm from atmospheric gas and 2.130 ppm from nuclear reaction.

There are other analysis from various sources which support the proposed second nuclear reaction. Are you happy with hydrogen converted to deuterium but the deuterium is used up in reaction?

• The google effort was basically academic.

The page family (aka Google) and Microsoft recently joined the field of LENR after IH failing blatantly. These two today dark empires give you NDA's for 5 years even just for talking to you...

Of course you can and must expect they report "failures only" in fields that are of no interest for them.

• The patents are not geared towards academia. More monies are dedicated towards these patents than the research that was presented in the three initial Nature articles. The patents research and publication establish that more efforts are being given to developing CMNS energy technology for market entry than in efforts to establish a wet cell "lab rat". Also that "replicable proof" is not really a problem in regards to the current state of LENR.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.