What is the current state of LENR?

• The patents are not geared towards academia. More monies are dedicated towards these patents than the research that was presented in the three initial Nature articles. The patents research and publication establish that more efforts are being given to developing CMNS energy technology for market entry than in efforts to establish a wet cell "lab rat". Also that "replicable proof" is not really a problem in regards to the current state of LENR.

Of course. All technology is patented, if it can be. That does not stop the results from being released academically (sometimes a short delay).

• It would be published

They decided not to. Though I seem to remember the latest patent was published before the one year grace period before required publication. I'll check. If so, Google or the DoE requested early publication.

Anyways

Now it is published. I'm still studying them and searching for the underlying supportive research. Hope to scoop some soon... or others here will beat me to it.

• I detect a certain arrogance about his questioning of praseodymium synthesis by Iwamura;s group

in 2013

Although disputed at least 10 years after by Kidwell

the 2003 Praseodymium nucleosynthesis from Caesium by Iwamura was replicated by two other Japanese labs and is corroborated by the nucleosynthesis results seen with rare earth mixtures by Wyttenbach at el 2021

Higher Z nucleus syntheses

As our cold fusion experiments do show, potentially all elements of the periodic table can be produced by the basic reaction of adding H*-H* or D*-D* or H*/D* to a nucleus.

The D* fusion reaction – we measured - following the addition of D* do produce different element chains than the well known Nickel reactions with adding H*-H*. H*-H* can add like a di-neutron or neutron/proton pair. D*-D* or just one D* can add as two protons or a neutron/proton combination. This allows for direct horizontal or vertical progress in the periodic table of elements (isotopes).

So the basic rules are as following::

A(z,n) + H*-H* → A(z,n+2) or A(z+1,n+1)...

Iwamura, Y., et al. Low Energy Nuclear Transmutation In Condensed Matter Induced By D2 Gas Permeation Through Pd Complexes: Correlation Between Deuterium Flux And Nuclear Products. in Tenth International Conference on Cold Fusion. 2003. Cambridge, MA: LENR-CANR.org. This paper was presented at the 10th International Conference on Cold Fusion. It may be different from the version published by World Scientific, Inc (2003) in the official Proceedings of the conference.

• Let us keep on track. This thread has been a refreshing break from the non-LENR discussions, so let us not spoil it. Yes, there was a personality clash, as we have had before.That is to be expected, and frankly IMO, it is to our credit we have not had more.

Lately, moderating has become boring to me, mainly because there is so little conflict...let us keep it that way.

• alternative hypothesis that the centre of galaxies is not a black hole which the stars revolve around but rather is simply an area of space-time held at absolute zero on the Kelvin scale

My musings on the black holes is all the matter falling in each of them goes through an unknown phase change... including unimaginable speeds beyond light... each traveling along a space time vortex... arriving as enegies at the center of the universe... going through step down phase changes... re-entering our space/universe... providing an ever expanding flow of energy/matter condensates... as a never ending cycle... expanding...

returning. No big bang.

Nothing to do with the current state of LENR.

Somebody else do the math...

• What is the current state of LENR?

It's in a state of flux...

according to the latest publication.

"In SOP all energy is EM energy. Unperturbed magnetic flux can be modeled as bound EM (magnetic) flux lines exactly following a curved 6D manifold with no added virtual energy (energy/mass flows in direction of the magnetic flux line). Orbits following the CT are circular and carry no mechanical (I=1) excess energy! All other excess energy rotations generate a mechanical rigid mass/moment that couples orthogonal to the manyfold. This added virtual mass is mechanically stored by amounts of rigid torus form factors being I = 9/8 or 7/4.

• BTW Not even LENR science is in self-correcting state. Not only mainstream science ignores cold fusion research as a whole, but also LENR researchers ignore the need of replication of successful experiments made so far. Which is why we are stuck here on this forum in state of 1991 year essentially.

• What is the current state of LENR?

My tuppence worth.

2021 an exciting year.

Mizuno replications.

Norront Fusion.

NASA GEC

Industrial Heat

Brillouin

Google

Clean Planet

2022 After all the excitement.

Mizuno replications - all seems to have gone quiet.

Norront Fusion - defunct.

NASA GEC - awaiting news.

Industrial Heat - are they defunct?

Brillouin - raising more cash - again.

Google - awaiting news.

Clean Planet - awaiting news.

Meanwhile we sadly lost a number researchers of the "old guard".

After following this story for many years I find it all a bit depressing.

However perhaps 2022 will bring positive developments.

Europe seems to be having a go with the recent news of the Hermes and CleanMHE projects.

Also ICCF24 in Silicon Valley may bring some positive updates.

We shall see.

• IH are far from defunct, still appear to be astroturfing the patent space with anything remotely promising, also employing a few of the old guard on research projects. Most promising work currently is that being done by Storms (Ed Storms) on various Ni/Pd compressed powders - but at least some of this is under the public radar. But he does have collaborators.

• Most promising work currently is that being done by Storms (Ed Storms) on various Ni/Pd compressed powders - but at least some of this is under the public radar. But he does have collaborators.

There was a video conference that got uploaded to YouTube somewhere where he, McKubre and some others chatted about it. The link escapes me now, but it's out there for anybody interested. If I recall correctly, it was part of an informal video conference about a theory that was being developed by a physicist from India.

• Simon Hein..evos...in his hair currently

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• cyoung Thanks

This thread's topic gets to the heart of the matter. I am continually amazed by what I learn from the many discussions on the forum. Big Thanks.

...the current

state of LENR.

The most important works to study are from the most recent few years...

As stated by others, gas/electrolysis and hydrates/metamaterial solid state systems... CMNS energy technology development is advancing along those lines.

Wet cell CMNS reactor environments were given up by many of the old guard long ago. I see none being developed now.

Understanding the 'arena' of science that LENR currently finds itself in.

Study the skill sets of the scientists listed as inventors and authors of the most recent works found here and elsewhere.

Reading these folks biographies establishes the scope of this arena, the broad range of skills and age of those involved (surprisingly young).

Many many new and complex arts of science support advanced CMNS energy development.

The advanced test reactor engineering and fabrication methods are cutting edge.

Currently LLNL is calling for labs to use their supercomputers and AI to sort out data and find commonalities in many theories. I figure most every decent theory has something to add.

Team Google has opened the door of the US DoE for this field to join in these LLNL efforts.

Basically this LLNL program will assist us in figuring these types of things out, optimize research, develop working theories and speed market entry.

I see a symbiosis developing between high energy fusion/fission science and low energy fusion/fission science. Each have important elements to consider together... hot and cold fusion.

When asking about the early patents, a high level Google team member told me I would be surprised where this leads them. I've been wondering ever since.

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Establishes Incubator Program for Artificial Intelligence

Dec 25, 2021

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.